WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Capito-lism

2 posters

Go down

Capito-lism Empty Capito-lism

Post by Keli Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:23 am

Capito Weighs Her Options (WV)
The Wheeling News Register ^ | July 13, 2010 | Joselyn King

U.S. Rep. Shelley Moore Capito - just back from a congressional trip to Afghanistan - is considering whether her next venture is a possible move to the U.S. Senate.

Capito, R-W.Va., is being drafted by Republicans as a possible candidate for the U.S. Senate seat left vacant by the June 28 death of U.S. Sen. Robert Byrd, D-W.Va.

But as Democrats and some conservatives push Gov. Joe Manchin toward the Senate seat, Capito said she might consider a run for a vacated governor's office. Or she just might stay in the House, where Republicans have a chance to retake the majority of seats this election year.

"It's always a good thing to have options,"she said Monday. "I'm going to look at the options and figure out the best place I can serve. But I am on the ballot in the congressional race in November, and I feel I've already made that commitment. I'm going to look at what the Legislature decides this week, and I'm going to make a decision quickly."

(Excerpt) Read more at theintelligencer.net ...

Run, Shelley Moore Capito, run!
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Capito-lism Empty Re: Capito-lism

Post by Stephanie Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:16 am

I get the sense Joe ought to just have the word "Senator" tatooed on his butt. I don't believe Shelley can beat him, for Joe is so beloved.

I'd like to see Shelley run for Governor when Mr. Manchin goes to Washington. I'd like to see Mike Hall run for Congress to replace Rep. Capito. That's my preference.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556
Registration date : 2007-12-28

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down