WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A 'Ya gotta read it' commentary

3 posters

Go down

A 'Ya gotta read it' commentary Empty A 'Ya gotta read it' commentary

Post by SamCogar Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:58 am

THE American people are amazing. I am too lazy to think of a clever way to describe it so I shall quote Bill Murray's character, John Wenger, from the 1981 movie, "Stripes."

"Cut it out! Cut it out! Cut it out! The hell's the matter with you? Stupid! We're all very different people. We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A,' huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts!"

So how did we mutts of the world get to be the Big Dog? One word: freedom. Freedom is so wonderful a nutrient that it can turn the mangiest mutt into a champion. The lack of freedom meanwhile brings down even the best purebred.

(snip)

The Tea Party has taken over American politics and that scares the powers that be in Washington. The Democrats hope it splits the conservative vote. Republicans hope the Tea Party candidates who win will be reasonable. The Tea Party is just a group of people who are tired of the bailouts, hate the spending and fear the deficits.

The politicians in Washington and their handmaidens in the press cannot win the debate on those subjects, and so the elitists mock. Sarah Palin, Rand Paul, Christine O'Donnell - the Tea Party people themselves - are mocked, mocked, mocked by people who ironically contend they are intellectually superior.

Exerted from: http://www.dailymail.com/Opinion/DonSurber/201009170554

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

A 'Ya gotta read it' commentary Empty Re: A 'Ya gotta read it' commentary

Post by Stephanie Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:11 am

Very nice, Sam. I just hope this epiphany from Mr. Surber is genuine, for that is what it would be. 30 months ago he was one of the media elitists who mocked the intellectually superior Ron Paul at every turn. I wonder if he has any remorse or regret. I wonder if he isn't just trying to remain relevant.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:27 am

My concern with the Tea Party is that some of those who are assuming leadership positions are picking and endorsing candidates based on religious viewpoints instead of conservative viewpoints. If that is the case, the Tea Party will be short lived.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:37 am

Aaron wrote:My concern with the Tea Party is that some of those who are assuming leadership positions are picking and endorsing candidates based on religious viewpoints instead of conservative viewpoints. If that is the case, the Tea Party will be short lived.

It is a HUGE problem. I'm still trying to figure out how Sarah Palin became the figurehead and spokeswoman of the Tea Party.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:53 am

I'm still trying to figure out how Sarah Palin became the figurehead and spokeswoman of the Tea Party.

HA, elementary my dear. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

She is the first one to actually hold a "National Microphone" in her hand and tell the conservatives loud n' clearly what they wanted to hear while the MSM, the Democrats and their partisan lemmings were constantly berating, mocking and badmouthing her on a 24-7 basis ..... even months n' months after McCain and her lost the Election.

Thus, the factual truth of the matter is, .... it was/is the Palin Hateing Bashers that are responsible for elevating her to said figurehead and spokeswoman position of the Tea Party. Those bullies made a gawd awful mistake when they persisted in bashing Palin because it only aroused curiosity, sympathy and support for her. Ya don't bash pretty mothers, baseball or apple pie and expect to get by with for very long.

If the MSM, the Democrats and their partisan lemmings had just forgotten about Palin after the 2008 vote tally was in .......... the majority of the populace wouldn't now even remember who she was.

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down