WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And who paid for all of this?

4 posters

Go down

And who paid for all of this? Empty And who paid for all of this?

Post by SamCogar Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:47 am

Drug Take-Back Day nets more than 1 ton in WV

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- More than a ton of old and unused medication was turned in during a one-day effort to curb prescription-drug abuse in West Virginia Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

U.S. Attorney Booth Goodwin announced the statewide tally of 2,397 pounds Monday.

There were 79 locations throughout West Virginia participating in National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day on Saturday. The free and anonymous service was sponsored by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency.

http://www.dailymail.com/News/statenews/201009271163

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

And who paid for all of this? Empty Re: And who paid for all of this?

Post by Cato Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:36 am

If you pay taxes, you did, as did I. Frankly, I didn't appreciate it either. I'm responsibile enough to dispose of my old medications, I would think others would be also. Guess I was wrong.

Cato

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:13 pm

I'm responsibile enough to dispose of my old medications, I would think others would be also.

But the fact is that they are not. We have to deal with society the way it actually is- not as some pie in the sky idealsim thinks it should be.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:46 pm

ziggy wrote:
I'm responsibile enough to dispose of my old medications, I would think others would be also.

But the fact is that they are not. We have to deal with society the way it actually is- not as some pie in the sky idealsim thinks it should be.

Well then maybe it is time to start treating people like a certain level of reponsible behavior is required. that ain't pie inthe sky idealism, it is reality, pal.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:10 pm

And what if others treat you like THEIR standard of responsible behavior is required from you?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:06 pm

ziggy wrote:And what if others treat you like THEIR standard of responsible behavior is required from you?

While you choose to believe differently which is your choice by the way, only one standard of behavior exists. It isn't my standard or your standard, it is THE standard. If you choose to do something else that is your choice, but don't whine to me and demand I bail you out of the mess you create.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:14 pm

Careful jumping back and forth over that fence there Ziggy. You're going to hurt yourself.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:21 pm

Cato wrote:
ziggy wrote:And what if others treat you like THEIR standard of responsible behavior is required from you?

While you choose to believe differently which is your choice by the way, only one standard of behavior exists. It isn't my standard or your standard, it is THE standard.

So what are the rest of us to do about people who carelessly dispose of drugs down sewers and wherever else it affects all of us? Your "only one standard of behavior exists" is hopeleslsy flawed. There are as many standards of behavior as there are people to behave (or to misbehave, depending on one's perspective).

ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:43 pm

Cato wrote:
ziggy wrote:

Well then maybe it is time to start treating people like a certain level of reponsible behavior is required. that ain't pie inthe sky idealism, it is reality, pal.

So- since you say that "only one standard of behavior exists"- what "only one" standard of behavior would you require of folks with excess old medications to dispose of?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:26 am

ziggy wrote:
Cato wrote:
ziggy wrote:

So- since you say that "only one standard of behavior exists"- what "only one" standard of behavior would you require of folks with excess old medications to dispose of?

It is their medicine the can darn well do with it as they please, just don't require that I pay to do what they are responsibile for doing.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:29 am

ziggy wrote:
Cato wrote:

While you choose to believe differently which is your choice by the way, only one standard of behavior exists. It isn't my standard or your standard, it is THE standard.

So what are the rest of us to do about people who carelessly dispose of drugs down sewers and wherever else it affects all of us? Your "only one standard of behavior exists" is hopeleslsy flawed. There are as many standards of behavior as there are people to behave (or to misbehave, depending on one's perspective).

Then if it is traced back to you, which is many times simple enough to do, you pay to clean the mess up, not the taxpayers. Like it or not decisions and actions have consequences. It is time people were held to that concept. The consequence for irreponsibile behavior is paying to clean up the mess, plain and simple.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:08 am

Cato wrote:
ziggy wrote:
Cato wrote:

Then if it is traced back to you, which is many times simple enough to do, you pay to clean the mess up, not the taxpayers. Like it or not decisions and actions have consequences. It is time people were held to that concept. The consequence for irreponsibile behavior is paying to clean up the mess, plain and simple.

So when a dozen or 100 or 1000 people put their old medications down a public sewer, those old medications are tracable back to the very people who put them there?

I've got a great deal for you on some ocean front land over here in Jackson County ...............................
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:50 pm

ziggy wrote:
Cato wrote:
ziggy wrote:
Cato wrote:

So when a dozen or 100 or 1000 people put their old medications down a public sewer, those old medications are tracable back to the very people who put them there?

I've got a great deal for you on some ocean front land over here in Jackson County ...............................

Before you sell your ocean front property you just might want to talk to the DEP. They can come real close.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down