WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HAPPY BLACK FRIDAY!

2 posters

Go down

HAPPY BLACK FRIDAY! Empty HAPPY BLACK FRIDAY!

Post by Keli Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:06 am

Is it appropriate to say Happy Black Friday? Or, does that somehow violate the so-called “separation of church and state?” (Heaven help us if it offends Muslims or atheists!)
Frankly it has never seemed to be a very inspiring name for a day that is the unofficial beginning of the Christmas season. I am offended—but who care’s any longer about what offends Christians?

More specifically Black Friday marks the commercial kick-off to the holidays. It’s when people storm the country’s biggest retailers looking for bargains, often lining up at three in the morning waiting for the doors to open then rampaging through the aisles like a herd of panicked cattle. I believe there have been years when shoppers have actually been trampled to death. Or close to it, I think. I know that the word black was originally a reference to the stores’ bottom lines; for a lot of retailers this was the make or break day in terms of whether they would have a profitable selling season. And there is nothing wrong with that, especially in this economy. And, who does not like a bargain?

However, perhaps the Black in Black Friday reminds us of the darkness of the lost human heart and life that rejects The Life but risks life and limb for a discount, that seeks treasures on Earth and rejects treasure in Heaven, that revels in discount electronics and rejects the Son of God and that fails to comprehend the Light (John 1:4-11) but will contemplate darkness in Hell for all eternity. Black Friday indeed!

Jesus is the reason for the season! II Corintians 9:15 , “Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift. “ MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

HAPPY BLACK FRIDAY! Empty Re: HAPPY BLACK FRIDAY!

Post by ziggy Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:05 pm

I am offended—but who care’s any longer about what offends Christians?

Why should they- as "Christians" don't care what offends those they look down upon as non-believers.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:45 pm

ziggy wrote:
I am offended—but who care’s any longer about what offends Christians?

Why should they- as "Christians" don't care what offends those they look down upon as non-believers.

Ziggy, if I look down on you, it is because I am praying for you.
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Why is is necessary to look down on other people to pray for them?
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:22 pm

ziggy wrote:Why is is necessary to look down on other people to pray for them?

When one is so tall and when one bows his or her head....try it, Ziggy. Pray for me.
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down