WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Civil Discourse

4 posters

Go down

More Civil Discourse Empty More Civil Discourse

Post by ohio county Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:04 pm

Not sure if you saw Eddie Rendell on 60 Minutes. The question to which Eddie responds at :31 of :33 is from Leslie Stahl and had to do with the heartache engendered by state-sanctioned gambling. Ed's reaction is perfect - if you're a smug, self-satisfied liberal. This is how they react to any persistent question without regard to the tone in which it is posed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayWEsPO_nG4

Mr. Rendell is providing extra facts for his assertion that habitual gamblers will find another venue to squander their money. I suspect this has some basis in fact but do the residents of the state of Pennsylvania want their state to provide that venue?

This is emblematic of the calls for civility. Progressives don't think that applies to them. They are reasonable and enlightened. Essentially, calls for civility are suggestions that those on the right "sit down and shut up". Longing for "bipartisanship" means that those on the right should compromise their principles. If you don't understand that you're a simpleton.
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

More Civil Discourse Empty Re: More Civil Discourse

Post by Stephanie Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:31 am

Current liberal civility......oh I really love this:

"They don't like the truth so they summarily dismiss it," said Cohen, who is Jewish. "They say it's a government takeover of health care, a big lie just like [Nazi propagandist Joseph] Goebbels. You say it enough, you repeat the lie, you repeat the lie, you repeat the lie, and eventually, people believe it. Like blood libel. That's the same kind of thing."
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:16 am

Two words - death panels.

Granted, I wouldn't have thrown in the nazi reference but calling propaganda by its real name is not hateful

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:21 am

OK TC. So you choose the words for a panel that decides if a patient receives a surery that is often the difference between life and death and that is what we shall hereto refere to it as.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:27 am

OK TC. So you choose the words for a panel that decides if a patient receives a surery that is often the difference between life and death and that is what we shall hereto refere to it as.

Show me the sections in this in the health care bill, including by who and how these "panels" will be formed.

What Palin called "death panels" was referring to end of life advisement, things like care options, hospice care, and the like.

Propaganda.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:37 am

Sorry dude but that's not a very catchy slogan.

Try again.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:38 am

Try again.

No need. I made my point.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:40 am

If there weren't such a thing as death panels then you would be rigth. As there is, sorry dude, you failed miserably.

Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:29 pm

Oh, now just you wait a minute there, Terry.

The liberal media and liberal bloggers and certain liberal politicians were blaming conservative rhetoric and Tea Party protesters for actions of Jared Loughner. It was Sarah Palin's ad and Rush Limbaugh's radio show and Tea Partiers quoting Jefferson & Adams & Henry that made him head to the supermarket that day to shoot all those people.

I protested. I said it was Loughners untreated mental illness. I said he clearly demonstrated signs of schizophrenia yet no one around him sought help for him. You ridiculed me telling me surely the sheriff in Tucson knew more than I did. Remember?

So what have we found out about the shooter? He didn't watch the news, or listen to talk radio. He was clearly suffering from mental illness and nobody did a damn thing about it. Not his family, not his neighbors, not even the college that expelled him. They knew, they did nothing. Nobody's apologizing to Governor Palin or Limbaugh or conservative groups or libertarians. They've been told it's time to change the tone.

We have to be civil. We must play nice. Words hurt. Everybody is going to be kind and respectful and the President asked for it and Congress agreed. Representatives would be courteous. No more name calling or finger pointing and Cohen couldn't even last a day.

Yeah, it's our fault. I most certainly will not leave myself out of that circle of blame because I continue to teach my children the same values. This week we've been covering US History from the 50's & 60's and I went out of my way to point out it was a Democratic governor who used the National Guard to prevent black students from entering a white school. I'm also teaching him that Goldwater was correct, extremism in defense of liberty is no vice! Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue!

Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:39 pm

...we're trying to get away from that language... We won't always be perfect, so hold us accountable when we don't meet your standards.
ohio county
ohio county

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:04 am

If there weren't such a thing as death panels then you would be rigth. As there is, sorry dude, you failed miserably.

Where are the death panels, dude. Show me the legislation.

You made the claim, back it up.

Knowing what your options are for those days near the end is not a federally enforced death sentence. You are slinging propaganda.

You claim is BS and no matter how much you defend Sarah Palin, she will never sleep with you.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:43 am

I might suggest that if you have any questions, OC can answer them for you as it was he who brought to light the fact that President Obama is inserting death panels into Obamacare via an executive order.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:13 am

Link was screwed and I couldn't watch the video.

Your source is a blogger quoting a FOX commentator?

Pardon me if I don't see this as a smoking gun.

End of life advisement is not a firing squad for the old or critically ill. Your propaganda is still just that

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:37 am

You know what I'm saying is true as all you have to do is google Obama death panel executive order. You're boy is no better then Bush when it comes to executive orders.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:29 pm

Discussion on how to deal with Justice Clarence Thomas from the people who rely on their feelings([url]http://www.commoncause.org/site/pp.asp?c=dkLNK1MQIwG&b=4741359[url]):

Hartsock: After we impeach Clarence Thomas, what do we do with him? Let's keep it real.

Middle-aged white man with mustache: Put him in--put him in--put him back in the, um--put him back in the fields. I mean, he's a scumbag.

Hartsock: Yeah!

Mustache: He's a dumb sh-- scumbag. Put him back in the fields!

Hartsock: But what about Alito?

Mustache: Alito should--Alito should go back to Sicily.

Hartsock: Yeah. But what about Fox News?

Mustache: Fox News? That's a mis--misappropriation of the English language. There is no news on Fox.

Hartsock: So what do we do with them?

Mustache: Break Rupert Murdoch. Never--never give him a dime. I never turn on Fox, I never give a cent to Rupert Murdoch, and every day I vote with my dollars.

Hartsock: What do we do with Roger Ailes? What do we do with Roger Ailes?

Mustache: Roger Ailes should be strung up and--but, ah, I don't know. Kill the bastard.

[Change of scene]

Hartsock: Justice for Anita Hill. What do we do?

Young woman with sunglasses and nose ring 1: We cut off his toes one by one and feed them to him. . . .

[Change of scene]

Hartsock: What do you say we do with Clarence Thomas after we impeach him?

Young woman with sunglasses and nose ring 2: Bad things.

Hartsock: Like what?

Nose ring 2: I dunno, 'cause I'm all about peace, but I would say torture.

[Change of scene]

Hartsock: [After] we impeach Clarence Thomas, what do we do with him?

Middle-aged woman with squeaky voice: What do we do with him? String him up. And his wife, too. Let's get rid of Ginny.

Hartsock: And then what?

Squeaky: Start all over. Scalia, uh, who are the other a--h---s? I'm sorry.

Hartsock: No, it's OK.

Squeaky: Yeah.

Hartsock: String 'em up, eh?

Squeaky: String 'em up.

Unidentified off-camera male voice: No Koch, no way!

Squeaky: Thomas--Thomas, his wife, Scalia, Roberts--oh my God!

[Change of scene]

Hartsock: After we impeach Clarence Thomas, what should we do with him?

Unidentified off-screen male voice: [unintelligible]

Young man with sunglasses: I don't want to--

Young woman with unpierced nose: I can't say that. I don't want to be on camera saying that.

Hartsock: Saying what? You can say--you can say anything, we're all friends.

Sunglasses: Hang him.
ohio county
ohio county

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:36 pm

A few of us with the RLC have been discussing this today. Somehow, I'm sure this is Sarah Palin's fault.

Also yesterday, I got into a bit of a "debate" with a young woman who posted a proposed language change from "rape" to "forcible rape" for taxpayer funded abortions made her "want to beat the shit out of some people".

The liberals and progressives should consider opening finishing schools coast to coast, don't you think?
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down