WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The true left

Go down

The true left Empty The true left

Post by Cato Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:34 am

A friend of mine sent me this. It is well worth the time to read it.

Monday, January 24, 2011

To: Friends & Supporters

Obama -- The Abortion President

This weekend President Obama issued a statement from the White House celebrating the 38th anniversary of Roe v. Wade. Consider these opening lines:
"Today marks the 38th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the Supreme Court decision that protects women's health and reproductive freedom, and affirms a fundamental principle: that government should not intrude on private family matters. I am committed to protecting this constitutional right."

Most Americans don't equate abortion with healthcare, as the president did in his statement. And if the president believes that the government should not intrude on private matters, then ObamaCare is a gross violation of the president's own "fundamental principles."
There is also a lot of irony here. Liberals are always playing the "compassion card" -- whether it's healthcare as a new right, giving endless unemployment benefits or in arguing for genteel politics. Yet Obama is celebrating a court decision that, just like Dred Scott, declared that there are some individuals in our society who possess no rights we are bound to respect. As a result of that decision, more than 50 million innocent lives have been destroyed.

In fact, legal abortion has been particularly devastating to black babies. A recent survey of abortion statistics found that nearly 60% of pregnancies among "non-Hispanic Blacks" in New York City end in abortion.

While the left likes to talk about compassion, it has launched an assault against some of the most compassionate in our society today by trying to shut down pregnancy resource centers. If the left wants to do more than just talk about civility, it should reconsider its ardent support for the intentional destruction of innocent human life. As I argue in my weekly Human Events column, civility begins with how we treat the innocent child in the womb.

The Deregulation Charade

Barack Obama has gone through an amazing "redo" since his "shellacking" in the November elections. According to the Obama White House and its accomplices in Big Media, the president now favors lower taxes, less regulation, free enterprise and civility in political discourse.

As everyone knows, or should know, the redo isn't a repudiation of his left-wing ideology -- it's just camouflage. In tomorrow's State of the Union address, Obama will demand more spending but he will call it "investments." He remains committed to raising taxes on our most successful job creators. Then there is the idea that Obama is now a great advocate of less government regulation thanks to his recent order directing the bureaucrats to consider whether a regulation hurts job growth.

The Wall Street Journal did a little digging and discovered a loophole the size of an ocean liner in Obama's recent order to the bureaucracy to deregulate. It also directs them to balance concerns about job growth against "values that are difficult or impossible to quantify including equity, human dignity, fairness and distributive impacts."

The Environmental Protection Agency, increasingly known as the "Employment Prevention Agency," has already issued a statement that Obama's new deregulation rule would not require it to alter a single current or pending rule. Since the EPA is daily using regulation to destroy jobs in the oil and coal industries among others, it should be clear that this reform is no reform at all. It is just a smoke screen designed to hide a radical agenda.

America's Humiliation

Our relationship with China is in shambles. Despite Big Media's glowing accolades for Obama's performance at the White House state dinner honoring Chinese President Hu Jintao, the Chinese communists' contempt for America was on fully display -- even at the state dinner!

According to various news reports, Chinese-born pianist Lang Lang played a song called "My Motherland." It comes from a 1956 film entitled "Battle on Shangangling Mountain" -- a communist propaganda film celebrating the killing of U.S. soldiers in the Korean War and China's support for communist North Korea. Stephen Yates, an expert on China who served as a top advisor to Vice President Dick Cheney, said that playing the song at the White House was "offensive, knowingly so to anyone who recognized the tune."

That's not hyperbole, and Lang Lang knew exactly what he was doing. After the White House state dinner, he wrote, "Playing this song praising China to heads of state from around the world seems to tell them that our China is formidable, that our Chinese people are united; I feel deeply honored and proud."

Chinese nationalist bloggers are laughing at us. The New York Post quotes one as writing, "Those American folks very much enjoyed it and were totally infatuated with the melody!!! The U.S. is truly stupid!!" The Daily Caller quotes a former Chinese Army doctor who lives in the U.S. as saying, "In the eyes of all Chinese, this will not be seen as anything other than a big insult to the U.S. It's like insulting you in your face and you don't know it. It's humiliating." The doctor is right.

This ought to be a major story, and someone at the State Department, the National Security Council or the White House should lose their job. But the left-wing media are trying hard to ignore it. From bowing to foreign kings to repeatedly reaching out to Islamic Holocaust-deniers to having communist propaganda played in the White House, the Obama administration has seemingly been involved in one foreign policy humiliation after another. Unfortunately, thugs around the world won't simply ignore America's perceived weakness -- they will seek to exploit it.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down