WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiculturalism is a Failure

4 posters

Go down

Multiculturalism is a Failure Empty Multiculturalism is a Failure

Post by Cato Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:09 am

Douglas Murray, director of the Center for Social Cohesion in London wrote:

But this is a first, not a final, policy. The fact is that Britain, Germany, Holland and many other European countries have nurtured more than one generation of citizens who seem to feel no loyalty toward their country and who, on the contrary, often seem to despise it.

I ran across this while reading the Wall Street Journal this morning. The article is a good one and will well worth reading. What struck me however, is the one section I posted. Does it sound familiar. It should, because it describes to a "T" this generation and the one before it here in the United States.

What the article really brings to bear, is whether one is a "racist" for believing that immigrants to a nation should assemilate into the culture of that nation and live by the laws of said nation. I personally believe if you want to be a US citizien or even you just come here to work, you are required to live by our rules and laws, that we will not bend over backward to accommodate your demands.

I am going to post the link to the article, however, it is found on the Wall Street Journal online, so you may not be able access it.

Read Article Here

Cato

Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Multiculturalism is a Failure Empty Re: Multiculturalism is a Failure

Post by Aaron Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:34 pm

Cato wrote:

But this is a first, not a final, policy. The fact is that Britain, Germany, Holland and many other European countries have nurtured more than one generation of citizens who seem to feel no loyalty toward their country and who, on the contrary, often seem to despise it.

I ran across this while reading the Wall Street Journal this morning. The article is a good one and will well worth reading. What struck me however, is the one section I posted. Does it sound familiar. It should, because it describes to a "T" this generation and the one before it here in the United States.

That of course being your opinion. As a 45 year old gentlaman with children ages 18-22, I'm a stakeholder with knowledge of both generations, I disagree with you. I'm curious how you come to your conclusion though.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:46 pm

Aaron wrote:
Cato wrote:

That of course being your opinion. As a 45 year old gentlaman with children ages 18-22, I'm a stakeholder with knowledge of both generations, I disagree with you. I'm curious how you come to your conclusion though.

I'm a 57 year old. I base my conclusion on what I see and read. Take for example the election of Obama. A good portion of the public just when gaga over the man. You didn't have to listen long to know what he reaaly was all about. The only explaination I can come to is people just don't care about this nation any more. So many seem more than willing to lbame this nation for the ills in the world. Few seem willing to accept the tenent of limited government. So many seem more than will to go to government for all their ills. That is where I come to my conclusion.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:43 pm

So if one voted for Barrack Obama or isn't willing to accept your belief of a tenent of limited government then they despise America.

Interesting.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:06 am

Aaron wrote:As a 45 year old gentlaman with children ages 18-22, I'm a stakeholder with knowledge of both generations, I disagree with you.

Aaron, your nurtured "knowledge of both generations" is actually immaterial and irrelevant to the subject of the dastardly effects of teaching "multiculturalism".

And that is because you yourself were nurtured "to believe" many of the great n' wonderful n' glorious thingys being proclaimed about a person "learning, remembering and retaining their cultural roots".

So Aaron, ....... of course you will disagree with Willy, .... and also with me.

DUH, ...... you have been nurtured to disagree with us on the dastardly effects of multiculturalism.

Just like both you and Willy have been nurtured to disagree with me about religion, ....... specifically the Christian Religion.

Aaron, do you actually, consciously know why you disagree with me on both of the above two beliefs? NO, you don't, .... you just know that you do. (or you don't want to tell anyone if you have figured it out)

Aaron, multiculturalism nurtures one to be first and foremost "loyal" to their family's cultural roots ........... and only passively loyal to their current real estate roots.

And I use the term "family's" to mean "specific individual groups of people" from only blood relatives ...... to ..... racial groups, ethnic groups, political groups, religious groups, professional groups, etc. ...... with one's loyalty being bestowed on the aforementioned groups in order of one's chosen priority.

And Aaron, one's loyalty to their "current real estate roots" can be defined by one (1) word, ........... patriotism.

Multiculturalism is a Failure 81632 Multiculturalism is a Failure 81632 Multiculturalism is a Failure 81632 Multiculturalism is a Failure 81632 Multiculturalism is a Failure 81632 Multiculturalism is a Failure 81632

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:27 am

Aaron wrote:So if one voted for Barrack Obama or isn't willing to accept your belief of a tenent of limited government then they despise America.

Interesting.

Tell me are you studying Law or are you a Lawyer? You know better than that.

Let me ask you a question. Given what the general mindset found in the US today, especially, among the younger generation, if that existed during the 30's and 40's could we have fought and won against the Axis Powers in World War 2?

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:51 pm

Once again Sam, you take bloviating to a new level. My disagreement with Cato is that this generation, and the one before it despises America. I think that's a load.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:52 pm

Cato wrote:
Aaron wrote:So if one voted for Barrack Obama or isn't willing to accept your belief of a tenent of limited government then they despise America.

Interesting.

Let me ask you a question. Given what the general mindset found in the US today, especially, among the younger generation, if that existed during the 30's and 40's could we have fought and won against the Axis Powers in World War 2?

You need to elaborate on two things Cato.

First, what is it that I know better then and 2nd, what mindset is there today? I think I have a general idea where you're going but I would prefer you to be specific so I don't misintrepert what you are saying so if you can clarify what you are saying, I'll answer your question.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:45 pm

Aaron wrote:
Cato wrote:

Interesting.

You need to elaborate on two things Cato.

First, what is it that I know better then and 2nd, what mindset is there today? I think I have a general idea where you're going but I would prefer you to be specific so I don't misintrepert what you are saying so if you can clarify what you are saying, I'll answer your question.

I don't see any reason to clarify what I am saying. Just answer the question with what you see as the mindset of the nation, especially the younger generation. You are going to end up telling me how stupid I am anyways, so lets avoid all the typing in between and get right to it.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:33 pm

I'll wait on clarification.

If you can.

Of course, if all you're doing is spouting tripe and you're not exactly sure what you're trying to say, well then, that won't really suprise me.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:54 am

Aaron wrote:I'll wait on clarification.

If you can.

Of course, if all you're doing is spouting tripe and you're not exactly sure what you're trying to say, well then, that won't really suprise me.

I expected no less from you than your reply.

When I look at the present generation, I see a majority of people that have no commitment, little respect, and live solely for themselves. I see this especially in today's young. This isn't to say all of them are like that, but a good majority are. I really don't, in a general sence, have the faith that people have the ability to face adversity for any length of time.

Consider the war in Iraq. Whether you were for or against the war is not the point here. The a majority of public was on the band wagon to invade Iraq and supported the military and the decision Bush and Congress made to invade Iraq. The going got rough and support dwindled. It didin't take it long for it to dwindle either. Remember, after Japan attacked Pearl Harbor, they kicked us around the Pacific for over a year and a half. Then it was a bloodbath for the next couple of years until we and our allies brought Japan to its knees. Also remember if Japan had not surrendered when it did and we would have invaded their home land, it would have been hell on earth, with an expected million casulities.

The same can be said about our fight in Europe. The going was very rough. Ask yourself, with all the bad reports that would have been coming in, would the public that exists today have had the courage to stuck it out. I don't think so.

I just do not believe we have either the public commitment to face this type of adversity or the quality of leadership to lead this nation in a time of adversity. As a nation of people we have become so entitlement oriented and narcissistic that self sacrifice, honor, commitment have become obsolete.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:02 am

Aaron wrote:Once again Sam, you take bloviating to a new level. My disagreement with Cato is that this generation, and the one before it despises America. I think that's a load.

HA, bloviating, HUH? My post musta tweaked a nerve or jerked your chain, right.

Aaron, I really don’t mind telling you this but your above response pretty much supports and proves what was stated in Willy’s post.

You sir are guilty of QUICKLY despising just about anyone or anything that disagrees with and/or criticizes what you post. And you do said either out of spite, ...... because of your social nurturing ..... and/or your nurtured “reading comprehension” ....... and I can never really figure out which is which. And I figure your kids are likely guilty of the same thing(s) because “they learned from you”, … you were their nurturer, thus, two (2) generations.

And it is really pointless to get into a “pissing contest” with you to resolve “what’s right” because you will not concede anything and will constantly change, modify or move the “piss pot” to insure you don’t have to concede anything.

And your above statement, which I quoted verbatim, absolutely, positively proves my above assertion, to wit, which includes what you convinently left out of the “piss pot:

Aaron wrote: My disagreement with Cato is that this generation, and the one before it seem to feel no loyalty toward their country and who, on the contrary, often seem to despises America. I think that's a load.

Aaron, here is Willy's original quote, .... verbatim, ...... which in reality, bears no resemblence to what you claim to have a disagreement with Willy about, to wit:

Cato wrote:The fact is that many countries have nurtured more than one generation of citizens who seem to feel no loyalty toward their country and who, on the contrary, often seem to despise it.

Now the question is, ...... how does one associate your actions to "feeling no loyalty toward their country"? And the answer is, ...... "very easily", ....... just cite the deeds n' actions of the general populace relative to the "illegal immigration" problem.

Anyone that favors, condones and/or supports any form or act of "illegal immigration" has no real loyalty to this country and/or its legal citizens.

And said proponents of "illegal immigration" are guilty of QUICKLY despising just about anyone or anything that disagrees with and/or criticizes their actions.

Thus, they despise their country.

Multiculturalism is a Failure 197570 Multiculturalism is a Failure 249131

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:03 am

You expected me to comment on something when I wasn't sure what you were saying and when I didn't you expected no less. What kind of tripe is that? And I'm still not sure what I should know better about.

As for your other comments, I think you should do some research and study history. Many of the things you are saying now were said in the 20's and even into the 30's.

And I recall watching a documentary when the Band of Brothers came out and one of the commentators stated something like 'had we had the news cycles in the 40's that we have today, America would have abandoned the war in Europe long before the battle of the bulge.'

Even though it may very well bring on more bloviating, I remember September 12, 2001. I think your assessment is wrong.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:17 am

For all you're dancing, different and colored font Sam, you're saying the same thing Cato is. If one doesn't agree with your point of view, they're wrong. About the only difference is he gets as to the point as he can and you talk out the side of your arse to get to the same place.

I do have a question for both of you. As you ascribe that others despise this country implying both of you love it, in what branch of service did the two of you serve?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:24 am

Aaron wrote: I think you should do some research and study history. Many of the things you are saying now were said in the 20's and even into the 30's.

And I recall watching a documentary when the Band of Brothers came out and one of the commentators stated something like 'had we had the news cycles in the 40's that we have today, America would have abandoned the war in Europe long before the battle of the bulge.'

Well "DUH", didn't all the news about the Commander of the 3rd Army in 1944 - 1945 put a "stop" to most of what they were doing because some Americans didn't like the way he was doing it?

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:33 am

Aaron wrote:in what branch of service did the two of you serve?

Would knowing that make one iota bit of difference in your nurtured mindset?

I don't think so.

Nor would it iffen I told you which Church I attended.

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:34 pm

SamCogar wrote:Would knowing that make one iota bit of difference in your nurtured mindset?

In knowing that you're so full of hot air Sam that you could heat my house for 7 winters? Nope, not one iota.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:09 pm

Just like both you and Willy have been nurtured to disagree with me about religion, ....... specifically the Christian Religion.

Aaron, since you claim to knowing "that I'm so full of hot air" ..... then you must know exactly why and/or how you know that or you wouldn't have said so, right.

So then tell me, Aaron, tell me.

Or you can tell me exactly why you think I am wrong about the Christian Religion.

You must know something that makes you a believer ...... that I don't know about.

Why else would you be a believer and I'm not?

Cheers

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:17 pm

I know you're full of hot air Sam because I've read your post for a very long time. Even when you know what you're talking about, you bloviate with the best of them. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:38 am

Aaron wrote: Even when you know what you're talking about, you bloviate with the best of them. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out.

Aaron, how in the world is it possible for a genius like you to figure me out .......

when you have never ever taken the time to figure yourself out?

Even Socrates was famous for arguing that "We must Know Thyself to be wise".

Multiculturalism is a Failure 46059

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:43 am

Only one color change Sam and no font size changes.

I'm disappointed Sam.

I'm curious though, I don't suppose you can elaborate on how two generations of citizens dispise America, which is the subject I disagreed with Cato on that birthed this tripe, can you?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:11 am

Aaron is just a few years younger than me, Sam. I'm curious, do you think I'm not "patriotic"?

Keep in mind I'm the one wanting to know why we can't put America and Americans first.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:34 pm

Stephanie wrote:Aaron is just a few years younger than me, Sam. I'm curious, do you think I'm not "patriotic"?

Keep in mind I'm the one wanting to know why we can't put America and Americans first.

Stephanie - I don't think you have a clue what you are or aren't or what you believe and don't. You support a hypocrite that talks a good talk but certainly doesn't walk the walk. You blast me for stating the one had better have a good understanding of the muslim mindset and then you spout venom and hatred at Israel.

You condemn religion and have yet to ever explain to me how religion, i.e. Christainity has caused all the ills you state it has. Yes, I know you'll go back and tell me all about how the church has killed and maimed in the name of God. To tell you the truth that is pure Bull. Religion, i.e. Christainity can and is used like a firearm for both good and evil. Just as the firearm becomes a tool so doesn't religion. Not everything or everyone that envokes the name of God is Christain or has another's best interest at heart.

You once told me I scared you because of my religious views. You accused me of trying to establish a theacracy. When I demanded you show where I had ever made such a comment you whined around and ignored me and finally retracted your statement.

I think you want to follow along and talk the talk of a libertarian, but when the rubber meets the road, you haven't a clue what you really believe.

Aaron - I could say the sky was blue and you would disagree. You would then refer to me as a moron or racist bigot because I didn't agree with you. You sir are a Joke. Actually you have the right avatar, because that is what you are, a baby.

You are right on two issues however. First, I must be pretty stupid, because only an idiot would continue to argue with a dumbbutt like you. Secondly, you once accused both Keli and I of having an agenda. You are right there also. I don't know what Keli's agenda is but mine is very simple, you stay the hell out of my life and I'll stay out of yours.

You proved to me what kind of individual you are when you went after my wife and kid in another thread, simply because they held a job that morons like you want to place all the blame for the quality of eduation. Not one word did you say about parents, kids, or communties and where their emphesis is. Then you have the gall to ask Sam and I if we have been in the military, yet a doubt you've ever stepped foot in a clasroom as a teacher. One last point, in that regard, being in the miltiary doesn't mean one is patriotic.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:45 pm

Cato wrote:I could say the sky was blue and you would disagree.

No, the sky is blue. It has to do with the atmosphere, the gases present and light waves. If you really want to know how it works, I would suggest you Google it.

Cato wrote:You would then refer to me as a moron or racist bigot because I didn't agree with you.

I've never referred to you as a moron. In fact, I don't think I've ever called you stupid. What I've said Is that I don't think you're very smart and if I recall correctly, you agreed with me.

As for the bigot part, you've admitted to you are one.

Cato wrote:You sir are a Joke.

Considering the source...

Cato wrote:Actually you have the right avatar, because that is what you are, a baby.

Beautiful, ain't she.

Cato wrote:You are right on two issues however. First, I must be pretty stupid, because only an idiot would continue to argue with a dumbbutt like you.

I hate to be the one to break it to you Cato but I’m not arguing. You make incorrect statements and I show you how you're wrong.

I’d love to debate sometime but considering the limited resources you’re working with, I know that isn’t going to happen. .

Cato wrote:Secondly, you once accused both Keli and I of having an agenda. You are right there also.

Keli's is religion. I think he’s been pretty open about it. Yours is bigotry and you’ve been as upfront about it as well. Well, on the computer you have. I doubt you say the things in public you do on here. That would take courage and considering the source…

Cato wrote:I don't know what Keli's agenda is but mine is very simple, you stay the hell out of my life and I'll stay out of yours.

I'm not in your life. I post on a public forum. No one makes you log on here and read what I write.

Cato wrote:You proved to me what kind of individual you are when you went after my wife and kid in another thread, simply because they held a job that morons like you want to place all the blame for the quality of eduation.

I didn't "go after" your wife and kid. I stated what I believe to be true. And then backed it up with relevant information and post. I'm sorry you can't deal with that but I would be remiss if I didn't point out that you finally came around and at least partially agreed with me that teachers AND their unions bear a large portion of what is wrong with our educational system.

Cato wrote:Not one word did you say about parents, kids, or communties and where their emphesis is.

This is where your intelligence, or lack thereof comes into the equation. If you read my comments, no where did I say any group was the ONLY reason for our educational shortcomings. I said teachers AND their unions were the leading cause. That doesn't mean there are other factors but that teachers and their unions must shoulder the largest portion of the blame.

Cato wrote:Then you have the gall to ask Sam and I if we have been in the military, yet a doubt you've ever stepped foot in a clasroom as a teacher. One last point, in that regard, being in the miltiary doesn't mean one is patriotic.

That sounds like something someone who’s never served would say.

So is there anything else?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:36 am

Did someone pee in your Cheerios, or what? lol
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin