WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magnetic fields prevent editor from talking (w/ video)

3 posters

Go down

Magnetic fields prevent editor from talking (w/ video) Empty Magnetic fields prevent editor from talking (w/ video)

Post by ziggy Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:40 pm

Magnetic fields prevent editor from talking (w/ video)
April 12, 2011

(PhysOrg.com) -- By holding an electromagnet close to a person’s skull, researchers can alter the neuron activity in the person’s brain. This technique, called transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS), can be used for a variety of reasons, such as improving visual memory, impairing the brain’s activity to make moral judgments, and treating ADHD and severe depression. To demonstrate the kind of immediate and powerful impact that TMS can have, New Scientist editor Roger Highfield tried to recite the nursery rhyme "Humpty Dumpty," but found that his speech was interrupted by a magnetic field.

http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-04-magnetic-fields-editor-video.html

ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Magnetic fields prevent editor from talking (w/ video) Empty Re: Magnetic fields prevent editor from talking (w/ video)

Post by ohio county Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:44 am

That's very interesting. It made him sound like he had a mouthful of pudding and a glass of Guinness.
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Magnetic fields prevent editor from talking (w/ video) Empty Re: Magnetic fields prevent editor from talking (w/ video)

Post by SamCogar Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:44 am

I have had both an MRI and a CAT scan or two ....... and I don't recall their electromagnetisms .... improved my visual memory ...... or impaired my brain’s activity to make moral judgments.

And I don't believe I ever had ADHD or severe depression, but iffen I did, those scans apparently never helped nor exacerbated my problem(s).

But I do recall that one of those "scans" really pissed me off and got me somewhat irate, ...... which might be akin to an "impairment to make moral judgments", ..... but it wasn't the "scanning" that did it, ....... it was those dumbassed technicians/nurses who left me strapped inside that machine for at least 20 minutes while they apparently went "on break". Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down