WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You gonna be a critizer also?

2 posters

Go down

You gonna be a critizer also? Empty You gonna be a critizer also?

Post by SamCogar Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:48 am

Critics lash out at Manchin's deficit views

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Legislation backed by Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., will prove disastrous for middle-class Americans and states like West Virginia, critics say.

Speaking in South Charleston on Tuesday morning, Manchin endorsed legislation to limit total federal spending to 20.6 percent of the country's annual Gross Domestic Product.

Manchin endorsed the Commitment to American Prosperity Act and a Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution, and said in a statement that both proposals offer "a good framework for negotiating a final plan."

"In the coming weeks, I will work with my colleagues to improve these ideas and to ensure that we can agree on responsible cuts that do not threaten our commitments to seniors and our most vulnerable," Manchin said in the statement issued by his office.

Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., D-Ill., said the proposed BBA amendment and CAP legislation, however, will "allow gutless politicians to sound tough on spending without proposing real solutions. ...

http://www.wvgazette.com/News/politics/201104270962

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

You gonna be a critizer also? Empty Re: You gonna be a critizer also?

Post by Cato Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:41 am

Senator Manchin is right on his support of these proposals. In fact, the figure he is supporting on the budget being no more than 20.6 percent of GDP is too high in my opinion.

As far as Jackson and his solutions statement, the solutions have been in front of him all this time. He's just too stupid to see it. The soltuions to mos tof the ills facing this nation is to get the politicians the blazes out of every facet of daily life.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down