WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Four Dirty Secrets about Clean Energy

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Four Dirty Secrets about Clean Energy - Page 2 Empty Re: Four Dirty Secrets about Clean Energy

Post by Aaron Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:37 pm

When I ride, I don't do national chains. I can get to those around here. I'm looking for home cooked, mom and pop greasy spoons. Something like your wife would whip up for company. So what's her speciality?
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Four Dirty Secrets about Clean Energy - Page 2 Empty Re: Four Dirty Secrets about Clean Energy

Post by Aaron Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:56 pm

ohio county wrote:
I've also read of economic damage from hydroelectric, especially in the west. If that's the case, how is it always clean and profitable?

I don't know what that damage is. As an old whitewater canoe head, I am struck by the fact that the Corps of Engineers wants to stop all moving water.

That, I believe, is all that hydro is: water that falls onto turbine blades with a coil that is opposite in electric polarity from the balanced blades. My knowledge of the particulars is very spotty. My opinion of the costs (both environmental and fiduciary) is very low. I'd look into it further if I wasn't off marching to Blair Mountain...

Well, if you are marching, you're spending as much time busing as you are marching.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:33 am

Nah, I'm just joshing. I got flowers to deliver...
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2