WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lawsuit claims Hansen privately profited from his public job

3 posters

Go down

lawsuit claims Hansen privately profited from his public job Empty lawsuit claims Hansen privately profited from his public job

Post by SamCogar Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:28 am

NASA Scientist Accused of Using Celeb Status Among Environmental Groups to Enrich Himself

The NASA scientist who once claimed the Bush administration tried to "silence" his global warming claims is now accused of receiving more than $1.2 million from the very environmental organizations whose agenda he advocated.

In a lawsuit filed Tuesday in Washington, D.C., a group claims NASA is withholding documents that show James Hansen failed to comply with ethics rules and financial disclosures regarding substantial compensation he earned outside his $180,000 taxpayer-paid position as director of the Goddard Institute for Space Studies.

"Hansen's office appears to be somewhat of a rogue operation. It's clearly a taxpayer-funded global warming advocacy organization," said Chris Horner, a co-founder of The American Tradition Institute, which filed the lawsuit. "The real issue here is, has Hansen been asking NASA in writing, in advance, for permission for these outside activities? We have reason to believe that has not been occurring."

The lawsuit claims Hansen privately profited from his public job in violation of federal ethics rules, and NASA allowed him to do it because of his influence in the media and celebrity status among environmental groups, which rewarded him handsomely the last four years.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/22/nasa-scientist-accused-using-celeb-status-among-environmental-groups-to-enrich/?test=latestnews

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

lawsuit claims Hansen privately profited from his public job Empty Re: lawsuit claims Hansen privately profited from his public job

Post by ohio county Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:35 am

I saw yesterday where Jon Stewart (I think that's how he spells his stage name) made a claim on Chris Wallace's Fox Sunday News show that "every poll" showed that Fox viewers were ill-informed. "Every poll". While I don't think Mr. Wallace challenged him I was under the impression that most every poll showed that Fox News viewers were pretty darn well-informed. How many college students, for instance, even know who the hell James Hansen is (or purports himself to be)?
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

lawsuit claims Hansen privately profited from his public job Empty Re: lawsuit claims Hansen privately profited from his public job

Post by SamCogar Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:47 am

How many college students, for instance, even know who the hell James Hansen is (or purports himself to be)?
I think a big majority of them do ...... because the majority of all colleges are now "overloaded" with liberal Administrators and Professors who are adament partisans and "pushers" of the "CO2 caused AGW" junk science agenda ...... and James Hansen is the official AGW Geru and head of NASA's Climate Science Division.

Even a large percentage of Public School students have at least heard his name because of all the pro AGW literature that includes his name and status.

you will get an idea of how many know James Hansen when the "firestorm" of denials, badmouthing, threats, demogoggery, etc., etc., .... erupts against The American Tradition Institute, who filed the law suite.

I figure it will be far worse than the "Climate Gate" denials, etc.

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:10 am

Ignoring the question whether public school students know who Hansen is or not, the following link demonstrates my larger point that a liberal arts education equips students to do ... nothing. The author is a professor of history and international relations at Boston University. His history is simply wrong, highly subjective, and appears ignorant of even the most rudimentary and widely-accepted ideas about wars of the twentieth century. Also, didn't he forget a war or two? What will his hapless students take from their ill-advised time with him?

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-bacevich-war-20110628,0,2711225.story

For instance:

Gripped by such a fever [for war] in 1898, Americans evinced an irrepressible impulse to liberate oppressed Cubans.

Liberate oppressed Cubans? Avenging the sinking of the Maine was never considered? This is why the typical college graduate cannot identify the Vice President. Although he does know Lady Gaga very well.
ohio county
ohio county

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:27 am

As the parent of a liberal arts student I find that depressing.

As an American citizen I find that horrifying.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:23 pm

Well, then, we should just reconcile ourselves to paying more for our children's education. The only way that I can see to glean any improvement is to increase the size and scope of the Department of Education. I had the pleasure of staying a couple nights in a Holiday Inn Express directly across the street from the DOE. They had constructed the most elaborate and charming representations of one-room school houses to enclose all their entrances, remind their visitors of the Department's mission, pretend to insulate the entrances, and waste a couple hundred thousand dollars of paint, plywood, and union labor.
ohio county
ohio county

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down