WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BROKAW protests Mitt's use of image...

2 posters

Go down

BROKAW protests Mitt's use of image... Empty BROKAW protests Mitt's use of image...

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:21 pm

Brokaw, whose statement noted he was speaking on his behalf, said, "I am extremely uncomfortable with the extended use of my personal image in this political ad. I do no want my role as a journalist compromised for political gain by any campaign."

ROTFLMAOF Brokaw, an Obama whore, doesn't want his role "as a journalist compromised for political gain by any campaign." Now, that's comedy!
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

BROKAW protests Mitt's use of image... Empty Re: BROKAW protests Mitt's use of image...

Post by ohio county Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:49 am

Stop me if you've heard this but - in the early 60's when Tom Brokaw was still at the Today show, they were doing a U.S. tour and broadcasting from every state in the Union. Brokaw stopped at a barber shop in Boone County to soak up the local ambiance and catch up on the gossip of all things Boone County. He was so appalled at the result that he had to catch a red-eye flight back to New York and an emergency remedial snip session with his regular stylist.

Jim Comstock, the editor of West Virginia Hillbilly said:

Foppish young men who pay too much attention to the outside appearance of their heads cannot, by definition, be paying adequate attention to the inside appearance of their heads.

Later, Comstock and his partner-in-crime and publisher, Bronson, claim to have isolated the essence of ramp fragrance. They immediately added it to their ink, printed, and shipped the weekly issue. The Postal Service seized and quarantined the week's issue. As a result, Comstock's publication was the only known publication to have been required to promise the Postal Service never to "smell bad" as a condition of their continued delivery.

Comstock claimed that he had more readers in New York City than the New York Times had in all of West Virginia. I believe it.

The point of all this: Tom Brokaw was obviously an empty suit fifty years ago.
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down