WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Government managed by females

2 posters

Go down

Government managed by females Empty Government managed by females

Post by SamCogar Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:26 am

I received a couple of intercepted e-mails last week, the first from Sheila Gray, the state parking manager (not the former television anchorwoman), to notify 20 state employees that their spaces in the Capitol parking building showed excessive oil leakage, and that they “need to correct mechanical issues” with their vehicles prior to March 1, when the whole facility is scheduled to get a power-wash.

“The floor sealant is compromised by such leaks which will require extraordinary removal,” the memo noted.

After the spring cleaning, Gray continued, “These costs will be at a minimum $100 per space, billed to the leasing department and passed on to the vehicle owner.”

The memo, which was sent to personnel directors in various state agencies, goes on to advise that they notify all employees with spaces in the parking building of the new policy, and the “potential financial penalty” if their vehicles leak oil.

As you can imagine, the idea of being charged $100 or more to have their parking spaces cleaned didn’t sit well with the 20 employees — particularly since the parking building is open to the public on evenings and weekends, and employees have no way to control who parks in their spaces during those periods.

Also, this is the same parking building that the state allowed to deteriorate to the point where the 8-year-old facility requires more than $3 million of repairs.

Which leads to the second intercepted e-mail, from John Bonham, assistant general counsel for the Division of Motor Vehicles, who was, to say the least, a little steamed over the memo. He sent a scathing response to Gray:

“I am in receipt of your e-mail accusing me of damaging the parking garage and threatening to financially punish me for it. Please be advised that my car does not leak oil. It is less than two years old and is meticulously maintained. ...

“As to the current condition of my parking space, I agree that there is excessive oil in that space. It has been there for a number of years and was there when I was first assigned the space. ...

“Furthermore, I object to the apparent shifting of responsibility for maintenance from the state as owner to me as the space holder. ...

“It is patently unfair and obviously unconscionable for you to threaten to hold me responsible for anything that happens to my space during the nights, holidays or weekends without giving me the means to secure and control access to it. ...

“Frankly, I am offended and upset by the high-handed manner in which I am treated as a fellow state employee and customer of the parking system. ...

In short, the parking system does almost NOTHING to provide me with the service I pay for. Instead, it seems that you people go out of your way, as in this case, to do things that are useless, offensive and probably illegal.”

Apparently, the complaints by Bonham and others worked, since Gray subsequently sent out an e-mail that rescinded the first memo.

Administration spokeswoman Diane Holley blamed the memo on “miscommunication.”

She said that Administration wants to do a better job of cleaning and maintaining the parking building, including dealing with vehicles that are leaking oil.

http://www.wvgazette.com/section/Columnists/Phil+Kabler/200801138?pt=0

DUH, makes ya wonder if Hillary is elected .......... lol! lol!

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Government managed by females Empty Re: Government managed by females

Post by wvsasha Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:51 pm

and men never write anything which they later realize was a "miscommunication"???

puh-leeazzee.....

At least she was attempting to DO SOMETHING which was an attempt at solving the fact that NOTHING was done in the way of maintenance on that garage.

ONce again....damned if she did, damned if she didn't....

Don't go slamming her JUST because she's female.
wvsasha
wvsasha

Number of posts : 145

http://wvskphillips.edublogs.org

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:39 pm

Now Sasha, I realize you are "protective" of other working females, but .....

I would think that a State Parking Manager would know, should know, ...... something about parking garages other than ........ the damn floors are dirty and covered with oil and grease spots.

Sheila Gray, the state parking manager wrote and mailed the memo, ….. Administration spokeswoman Diane Holley provided the CYA by blaming the memo on “miscommunication”.

There was nothing "miscommunicated", ...... Gray stated what the "problem" was ...... and how it was going to be "corrected".

End of memo.

Now Holley may have told Gray to write it, ...... and what to include in it, ....... but that would only "add insult to injury". Laughing Laughing

A blatant case of "The Peter Principle" ........... maybe. lol!

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down