WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the Qu'ran Hate Speech?

4 posters

Go down

Is the Qu'ran Hate Speech? Empty Is the Qu'ran Hate Speech?

Post by Keli Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:01 pm

We report. You decide.
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Is the Qu'ran Hate Speech? Empty Is The Bible Hate Speech?

Post by ziggy Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:18 pm

The peaceful words of the Lord beat that Allah guy all to hell:

(Exo 4:21 NIV) The LORD said to Moses, "When you return to Egypt, see that you perform before Pharaoh all the wonders I have given you the power to do. But I will harden his heart so that he will not let the people go.

(Exo 7:2-5 NIV) You are to say everything I command you, and your brother Aaron is to tell Pharaoh to let the Israelites go out of his country. {3} But I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and though I multiply my miraculous signs and wonders in Egypt, {4} he will not listen to you. Then I will lay my hand on Egypt and with mighty acts of judgment I will bring out my divisions, my people the Israelites. {5} And the Egyptians will know that I am the LORD when I stretch out my hand against Egypt and bring the Israelites out of it."

(Exo 10:1 NIV) Then the LORD said to Moses, "Go to Pharaoh, for I have hardened his heart and the hearts of his officials so that I may perform these miraculous signs of mine among them.

(Exo 11:10 NIV) Moses and Aaron performed all these wonders before Pharaoh, but the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he would not let the Israelites go out of his country.

(Exo 14:4 NIV) And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and he will pursue them. But I will gain glory for myself through Pharaoh and all his army, and the Egyptians will know that I am the LORD." So the Israelites did this.

Exo 14:8 The LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh king of Egypt, so that he pursued the Israelites, who were marching out boldly.

(Exo 14:17-18 NIV) I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians so that they will go in after them. And I will gain glory through Pharaoh and all his army, through his chariots and his horsemen. {18} The Egyptians will know that I am the LORD when I gain glory through Pharaoh, his chariots and his horsemen."
----------------------------------------

The Old Boy was itching for a fight- and determined to provoke one.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Is the Qu'ran Hate Speech? Empty Re: Is the Qu'ran Hate Speech?

Post by Keli Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:37 pm

ziggy wrote:The peaceful words of the Lord beat that Allah guy all to hell:

(Exo 4:21 NIV) The LORD said to Moses, "When you return to Egypt, see that you perform before Pharaoh all the wonders I have given you the power to do. But I will harden his heart so that he will not let the people go.

(Exo 7:2-5 NIV) You are to say everything I command you, and your brother Aaron is to tell Pharaoh to let the Israelites go out of his country. {3} But I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and though I multiply my miraculous signs and wonders in Egypt, {4} he will not listen to you. Then I will lay my hand on Egypt and with mighty acts of judgment I will bring out my divisions, my people the Israelites. {5} And the Egyptians will know that I am the LORD when I stretch out my hand against Egypt and bring the Israelites out of it."

(Exo 10:1 NIV) Then the LORD said to Moses, "Go to Pharaoh, for I have hardened his heart and the hearts of his officials so that I may perform these miraculous signs of mine among them.

(Exo 11:10 NIV) Moses and Aaron performed all these wonders before Pharaoh, but the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he would not let the Israelites go out of his country.

(Exo 14:4 NIV) And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and he will pursue them. But I will gain glory for myself through Pharaoh and all his army, and the Egyptians will know that I am the LORD." So the Israelites did this.

Exo 14:8 The LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh king of Egypt, so that he pursued the Israelites, who were marching out boldly.

(Exo 14:17-18 NIV) I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians so that they will go in after them. And I will gain glory through Pharaoh and all his army, through his chariots and his horsemen. {18} The Egyptians will know that I am the LORD when I gain glory through Pharaoh, his chariots and his horsemen."
----------------------------------------

The Old Boy was itching for a fight- and determined to provoke one.

Nine times in that passage we read "God hardened Pharaoh's heart" and nine times in that passage we read "Pharaoh hardened his heart." What God dod in warning Him only hardened Pharaoh's heart. The problem is not with God but with Pharaoh--the same sun melts ice but hardens clay.
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:50 pm

Nine times in that passage we read "God hardened Pharaoh's heart" and nine times in that passage we read "Pharaoh hardened his heart." What God dod in warning Him only hardened Pharaoh's heart. The problem is not with God but with Pharaoh--the same sun melts ice but hardens clay.

Exodus says what it says. What you say above is just your spin on it.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:39 am

In the OT, god commands and sanctions genocide.

Wouldn't that be the ultimate hate speech?

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:45 am

TerryRC wrote:In the OT, god commands and sanctions genocide.

Wouldn't that be the ultimate hate speech?

Are you saying that you condone or justify Islamic violence because you condemn Jewish violence?
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:46 am

Someone has written:

The history of the exterminations we find in the Bible began with God, not man. The first two on record, and by far the greatest, were Noah’s Flood and the overthrow of Sodom. God planned them not Noah and not Abraham. Both of these are depicted as judgments on moral decadence, not unlike the judgments on the Canaanites. There is no room for the idea that Israel at war was simply confusing its own nationalistic zeal and determination to survive for the will of God, whose mercy ‘would never have allowed wholesale slaughter.’ No. People might argue, “Ah, Scripture itself had misread two meaningless catastrophes as divine judgments.” No. That view quarrels with the New Testament as well as the Old. It denies the reality of providence. God would be re­duced to watching the unfortunate aberrations of nature and en­deavouring to make the best of them. No. The Old Testa­ment is self-consistent; it presents a sovereign and just God whose acts of salvation and judgment may take human lives by fire or flood, by pestilence or the sword, by the Red Sea or by ‘a bow at a venture’, just as he pleases.
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:05 am

Is the Qu'ran Hate Speech? Dr-walid-al-rashudi
Saudi Islamic scholar: "By Allah, we will not be satisfied even if all the Jews are killed!"

In March I wrote about how Saudi Arabia’s King Adbullah issued a call for a sincere “interfaith dialogue” in the Middle East — even though the practice of religion in his own country is so restricted that conversion to a non-Muslim faith is punishable by death.

So who do you suppose is sponsoring today’s discussion at the United Nations on religious tolerance?

Yessir. Saudi Arabia. And more than a dozen world leaders showed up to show their approval beg for crude oil.

From this morning’s International Herald Tribune:

“It’s like apartheid South Africa having a conference at the UN on racial harmony,” said Ali Al-Ahmed, a Shiite Muslim dissident from Saudi Arabia based in Washington …

Saudi Arabia forbids its citizens and the sprawling expatriate community, including tens of thousands of Christians, from any form of public worship except for Islam. Even within Islam, the more than two million Shiites in the kingdom face widespread discrimination in worship, education and employment. The intolerance also extends to Sunni Islam. Only the teachings of the Hanbali sect are encouraged, while the other three main branches of the faith are opposed.

A special police force patrols the kingdom making sure that Muslims go to prayer five times a day and that no other religion is practiced.
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:33 am

Are you saying that you condone or justify Islamic violence because you condemn Jewish violence?

You are certifiably insane.

Your "someone has written" ignores the actions of Joshua.

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:04 am

TerryRC wrote:Are you saying that you condone or justify Islamic violence because you condemn Jewish violence?

You are certifiably insane.

Your "someone has written" ignores the actions of Joshua.

Are you saying that you condone or justify Islamic violence because you condemn Jewish violence? Of, do you just condemn Jewish violence?
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down