WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's almost timefor the 2012 election

5 posters

Go down

It's almost timefor the 2012 election Empty It's almost timefor the 2012 election

Post by Aaron Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:48 pm

Huckabee won't rule out 2012 run for president

By STEPHEN OHLEMACHER, Associated Press Writer Stephen Ohlemacher, Associated Press Writer 2 hrs 11 mins ago
WASHINGTON – Mike Huckabee wouldn't rule out a 2012 run for president Wednesday, but he acknowledged it could be hard to take back the spotlight from fellow Republican Sarah Palin.

"I'm not ruling anything out for the future, but I'm not making any specific plans," Huckabee told reporters at a briefing to promote his new book, "Do the Right Thing."

"It's not something I'm sitting around thinking about."

Huckabee, a former Arkansas governor, said he expects Palin to continue to have a leading voice in the Republican Party, though he acknowledged he was envious of her meteoric rise after Sen. John McCain brought her out of relative obscurity as governor of Alaska to run with him this year as the vice presidential candidate.

Huckabee credited Palin with energizing McCain's campaign and said that her surprise selection for the GOP ticket helped her to "leapfrog over the process" that other Republicans — including himself — had to endure to become national political figures.

"I'm not frustrated by it," Huckabee said. "It's not a resentment on her part. It's an envy."

Huckabee plans to stay on the national political stage through his shows he'll host on Fox News Channel and ABC Radio.

The former Arkansas governor ran a scrappy but underfunded presidential campaign this year, staying in the race until March, when McCain secured enough delegates to win the nomination. All the other serious Republican contenders had dropped out weeks before.

Huckabee ran as a religious conservative, though many conservative leaders wouldn't support him. Despite a lack of money, Huckabee won the leadoff caucuses in Iowa and seven other states. His book tour will take him to Iowa later this month.

source
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

It's almost timefor the 2012 election Empty Re: It's almost timefor the 2012 election

Post by Aaron Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:49 pm

The only thing that separates Mike Huckabee from Bill Clinton is the 3 G's. And that's the only reason he's a Republican.

Other then that, he's as big a tax and spend democratic liberal as Clinton every was.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

It's almost timefor the 2012 election Empty Re: It's almost timefor the 2012 election

Post by bmd Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:53 pm

Aaron wrote:
Other then that, he's as big a tax and spend democratic liberal as Clinton every was.

Who was the last President to have a balanced budget?
Who was the next to the last President to have a balanced budget?
Who was the President with the largest budget deficit in history?
bmd
bmd

Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2008-10-11

http://www.venganza.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:20 pm

Isn't it amusing that bmd has so much to say about this topic, yet his silence is deafening on the thread about Obama's AG pick?
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:34 pm

He is similarly quick to reference a nebulous AP story about threats to Obama on the rise that quotes Secret Service agents who cannot be identified while ignoring offensive losers on the Proposition 8 question accosting even African-Americans who agree with them. Maybe we are all too quick to assert our rights to win:

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell111908.php3
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:49 pm

Thanks for the link. I'm going to pass that on, I think.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:50 pm

Well I give up, who was the last Pres. with a balanced budget?

And which Pres had the biggest deficits?

And which Pres had the second highest?

Yall just will not or cannot face the cold hard facts.

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by bmd Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:24 am

The silence on the right is deafening.
bmd
bmd

Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2008-10-11

http://www.venganza.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:57 am

ohio county wrote:http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell111908.php3

That is one of the better reads I've had in quite some time. Thanks Jimmy.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:24 am

Let's see......

When the Republicans had control of Congress (which controls the purse strings) the nation had a balanced budget. They lost control of the Congress (and the purse strings) our financial situation has gone down the tubes.

That's what I've got to say!
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:30 am

bmd wrote:
Who was the last President to have a balanced budget?
Who was the next to the last President to have a balanced budget?
Who was the President with the largest budget deficit in history?

President's don't pass budgets, they either sign or veto budgets passed by Congress.

So the question should have been, “When was the last time the US passed a balanced budget”? And for that, the answer is easy.

In the 90’s when democratic President in Bill Clinton signed the balanced budgets submitted by the Republican led Congress of Newt Gingrich in the HOR and Bob Dole and Trent Lott in the Senate.

It wasn’t during the first two years of the Clinton Presidency when they had complete control of Congress (with numbers eerily similar to the next Congress) yet the best they could do was The Family Medical Leave Act, The Brady Handgun ban and Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.

The William’s and Sherman’s of the world can give Bill Clinton all the credit but the simple truth is, it is Congress which controls the purse strings, all spending MUST originate in the House of Representatives and it is they who balances the budget.

And it was because of the 103rd, 104th, 105th and 106th Congress dictating to a democratic President fiscal responsibility and their ability to govern that the United States had not only balanced budgets, we had projected surplus’ as well.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down