WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe Biden on Geroge Snuffleupagus

4 posters

Go down

Joe Biden on Geroge Snuffleupagus Empty Joe Biden on Geroge Snuffleupagus

Post by Aaron Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:42 am

If you missed the interview, watch it here. There is one point where Joe very emphatically speaks of being one of 8 Senators who had access to "same intelligence the administration had."

Sort of kills the theory that the administration manipulated the intelligence and lied to America.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Joe Biden on Geroge Snuffleupagus Empty Re: Joe Biden on Geroge Snuffleupagus

Post by SamCogar Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:29 am

Aaron wrote:If you missed the interview, watch it here. There is one point where Joe very emphatically speaks of being one of 8 Senators who had access to "same intelligence the administration had."

Sort of kills the theory that the administration manipulated the intelligence and lied to America.

Do you really think the "Bush Haters" really gives a damn about "FACTS"?

You can bet your bippy that Ziiggy will still be claiming 20 years from now that "Bush lied".

And if you confront him with the above "facts" he will claim ..... "That wasn't what I was saying Bush lied about" and demand you prove otherwise.

Joe Biden on Geroge Snuffleupagus 49761 Joe Biden on Geroge Snuffleupagus 49761 Joe Biden on Geroge Snuffleupagus 49761

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:47 am

Heck guys even Bush and Cheney theirownselves have admitted Hussein had nothing whatsoever to do with 9-11.

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:25 am

There have been accusations made from those on the far left, including on this board, that Bush manipulated the intelligence information that Congress saw and outright lied to both Congress and the American people to go to war.

Yesterday on Snuffleupagus, Joe Biden stated specifically that he had access to the same intelligence information the adminstration had. That kills the idea that Bush lied and manipulated Congress unless Biden was complacent with Bush, then Biden's comments yesterday prove that Bush DID NOT LIE.

STEPHANOPOULOS: He says, the more you learn about threats, as you -- as you see the intelligence, the more you're going to come around to the Bush administration's point of view on their counterterrorist policies.

BIDEN: I'll make two responses to that. One, as chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee, unless they* were lying to me all along, I knew the details of the threat. I was one of those four people that had access to all that information, excuse me, one of those eight people the -- that had access to that information.

Secondly, I have been getting what they call that presidential briefing you get every morning from the intelligence community since the day we have been -- since the day we were elected, not sworn in.

I have learned nothing thus far that would change my view...

And here's another interesting piece of information from the same interview showing that Obama will not bring all the forces home as he said in his campaign.

BIDEN: The status of forces agreement in Iraq that is negotiated between Maliki and this administration which is not at all inconsistent in principle with what Barack and I are talking about during the election.

STEPHANOPOULOS: But it is inconsistent in details because that agreement says all American troops have to be out of Iraq by 2011. You and the president-elect have said that you believe we need a residual force. Secretary Gates said it could be 40,000 troops after 2011.

BIDEN: Well, if you take a look at that agreement, the agreement allows for the incoming administration and the government of Iraq, whatever happens to be at the time these drop dead dates occur in the SOFA, to be able to look at and mutually agree that maybe something else need be done.

But look, our goal is to get American combat forces out of Iraq. That's what our goal is. And turn over responsibility to the Iraqis. And so we  but the other aspect of this that we know we're going to inherit and have to deal with is what is the political circumstance going to be left behind?

And that is, are we leaving behind the stable Iraq that has a government that has the trust of all the major factions in Iraq or not? So there's a lot of work to be done is the only point I'm making.

STEPHANOPOULOS: But The New York Times reported that, at your national security meeting this week, Secretary Gates and Admiral Mullen came forward with a withdrawal plan prepared by the commanding generals. They would start the withdrawal, but they said that they could not meet the 16-month deadline called for by President-elect Obama.

Did he say, "Go back to the drawing board; come back with a plan that meets my promise"?

BIDEN: Well, I'm not going to get into detail, but the answer is, nothing was that stark at all. There is -- there isn't any -- there isn't any conclusion reached or presentation made that suggests that we cannot rationalize the -- the status-of-forces-agreement terms and the objectives of the Obama-Biden administration.

But the characterization you just made of how starkly things are presented was not -- that's not an accurate characterization.

STEPHANOPOULOS: But is he still committed to meeting that promise, all combat troops...

BIDEN: He...

STEPHANOPOULOS: ... President-elect Obama...

BIDEN: Yes, he...

STEPHANOPOULOS: ... in 16 months?

BIDEN: He is committed within the context of what he said at the time. He said he would at the time confer with the military leaders on the ground.

We will be out of Iraq in -- in the same -- in the -- in the way in which Barack Obama described his position during the campaign. That will happen.

STEPHANOPOULOS: But they are indicating to you that they can't meet the deadline he set, aren't they?

BIDEN: No. No, they're not. But I'm not going to get into the internal deliberations that we have underway now, the purpose of which is, when we are sworn in on January 20th, what is -- whether the specific elements of the plan with regard to Iraq are we going to implement? And how are we going to do that?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:07 pm

Aaron wrote:If you missed the interview, watch it here. There is one point where Joe very emphatically speaks of being one of 8 Senators who had access to "same intelligence the administration had."

If that is what Joe Biden said, then I call Joe Biden a goddamned liar too. After all, ole' Joe has his own political ass to defend re: Iraq.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:33 pm

What do you me IF. There's no question about IF he said it, he did. I post the link to both the video and the transcript so you have no reason to question IF he said it.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:36 pm

I don't doubt that he said it, Aaron. He is noted for being an unthinking windbag.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:38 pm

Yes he is. And in this case he said what I've been saying for years.

Congressional leaders on the intelligence committee's had access to the exact same information the adminstration did so there was no way Bush lied to them and manipulated the intelligence.

If it happened, at some point in the last 8 years, we would have had another deep throat.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:54 pm

ziggy wrote:I don't doubt that he said it, Aaron. He is noted for being an unthinking windbag.

Aaron wrote:Yes he is. And in this case he said what I've been saying for years.

So two unthinking windbags parroting the propaganda makes it more credible than just one?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:17 pm

It's not propaganda when it's the plain and simple truth.

Perhaps you should take some time and learn how our government actually works.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:35 pm

ziggy wrote:
If that is what Joe Biden said, then I call Joe Biden a goddamned liar too. After all, ole' Joe has his own political ass to defend re: Iraq.

Everyone is a liar, ........ Everyone is a liar, ....... that is if they disagree with Ziggy.

Ziggy is never wrong, ....... it is every one else that is doing the lying.

Joe Biden on Geroge Snuffleupagus 33948 Joe Biden on Geroge Snuffleupagus 33948 Joe Biden on Geroge Snuffleupagus 33948 Joe Biden on Geroge Snuffleupagus 33948 Joe Biden on Geroge Snuffleupagus 33948 Joe Biden on Geroge Snuffleupagus 33948

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:44 pm

So then Sam, are you vouching for Joe Biden's political honesty?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:43 pm

Aaron wrote:It's not propaganda when it's the plain and simple truth.

Perhaps you should take some time and learn how our government actually works.

Here is a guy who knows how government works, and his remark here fits right into your propaganda:

"It's not a matter of what is true that counts, but a matter of what is perceived to be true." --Henry Kissinger
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:54 pm

We've discussed three topics today Ziggy and I've proven you wrong on each.

If I were as wrong as you are, I would likely be frustrated as well.

Not enough to keep digging the hole you have but I understand your frustration.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:47 pm

If my threshold of perceived "proof" were as low as yours is, I wouldn't even say the word beyond a whisper.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:33 am

Perhaps if you had a leg to stand on in any of the 3 conversations you could speak above a whisper.

As you don't, you can't.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:40 am

Whisper or not, you have not proven anything other than that your political opinion is not conclusive "beyond the shadow of a doubt"- as you keep insisting it is.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:48 am

Sure I have with numerous links.

As I've said a dozen times, your refusal to acknolwedge the facts doesn't disprove them.

The only thing that hasn't been offered is any type of proof on any of the stances you've taken. You've spent hours reposting the same old tripe and count it as something more then your opinion.

It's not. And to be honest, this type of grasping at straws is a little beneath what I've come to expect from even you Ziggy. It's kind of sad. I guess your losing your touch in your old age.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:00 am

And "beyond the shadow of a doubt", again, eh?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:06 am

More of the same ole same ole I see Ziggy.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:39 am

ziggy wrote:So then Sam, are you vouching for Joe Biden's political honesty?

I can only vouch for the fact that:

Everyone is a liar, ........ Everyone is a liar, ....... that is if they disagree with Ziggy.

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:07 pm

Aaron wrote:More of the same ole same ole I see Ziggy.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

"Beyond the shadow of a doubt" is your mantra- just like that "Everybody knows ........... " you desperately clung to at least twice yesterday when you were unable to produce. You seem to really hate mirrors. Do we even bother to wonder why?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:52 pm

Once again, you seem to mistakenly think your speaking for everyone else.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down