WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MILITARY OPINION:Commander-in-Chief-derelict

2 posters

Go down

MILITARY OPINION:Commander-in-Chief-derelict Empty MILITARY OPINION:Commander-in-Chief-derelict

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:37 pm

MILITARY OPINION:Commander-in-Chief-derelict 010509tns_poll_1_400
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

MILITARY OPINION:Commander-in-Chief-derelict Empty Re: MILITARY OPINION:Commander-in-Chief-derelict

Post by Aaron Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:48 pm

Is there a point?
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

MILITARY OPINION:Commander-in-Chief-derelict Empty Re: MILITARY OPINION:Commander-in-Chief-derelict

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:57 pm

Aaron wrote:Is there a point?

No...not to you.
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:23 am

I’m not sure how to take that.

For the record, I would put myself in the uncertain category.

I don't think he will do anything as stupid as trying to pull all of the troops out of Iraq as the far left of the democratic party want, but then I think he will also over commit in some hair brained scheme to capture OBL, up to and including sending troops into Pakistan.

I also worry about him committing troops to places like Darfur for "noble" reasons and I can see our already overstretched military getting further overstretched.

I also worry about him and how he deals with Vladimir Putin, who is clearly longing for a return to the good old days of the 50's, 60's and 70's.

Then there is the fact that democrats traditionally cut funding to the military, both to the men and women and the equipment and that we are worse off militarily after a democratic president then we were when he took office.

Perhaps I'm a lot closer to the pessimistic column then I am the optimistic column.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:30 am

Aaron wrote:I’m not sure how to take that.

For the record, I would put myself in the uncertain category.

I don't think he will do anything as stupid as trying to pull all of the troops out of Iraq as the far left of the democratic party want, but then I think he will also over commit in some hair brained scheme to capture OBL, up to and including sending troops into Pakistan.

I also worry about him committing troops to places like Darfur for "noble" reasons and I can see our already overstretched military getting further overstretched.

I also worry about him and how he deals with Vladimir Putin, who is clearly longing for a return to the good old days of the 50's, 60's and 70's.

Then there is the fact that democrats traditionally cut funding to the military, both to the men and women and the equipment and that we are worse off militarily after a democratic president then we were when he took office.

Perhaps I'm a lot closer to the pessimistic column then I am the optimistic column.

I'll put you down as undecided.
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:50 am

I'm not sure if I'm undecided or uncertain.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down