WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Demanding equal time ... for wacky tobacca

4 posters

Go down

Demanding equal time ... for wacky tobacca Empty Demanding equal time ... for wacky tobacca

Post by SamCogar Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:36 am

Smoking marijuana is far more dangerous than smoking cigarettes, according to a group of scientists in New Zealand.

The researchers found that smoking one joint is equivalent to 20 cigarettes in terms of lung cancer.

While studies in the past have shown that marijuana can cause cancer, few have actually established a strong link between marijuana use and the actual incidence of lung cancer.

For the study, researchers interviewed 79 lung cancer patients in an effort identify the main risk factors for the disease, such as smoking, family history and occupation. The patients were questioned about alcohol and marijuana consumption.

In the high-exposure group, lung cancer risk rose by 5.7 times for patients who smoked more than a joint a day for 10 years, or two joints a day for 5 years, after adjusting for other variables, including cigarette smoking.

"Cannabis smokers end up with five times more carbon monoxide in their bloodstream (than tobacco smokers)," team leader Richard Beasley, at the Medical Research Institute of New Zealand, said in a news release.

The scientists also noted that marijuana could be expected to harm the airways more than tobacco since its smoke contained twice the level of carcinogens, such as polyaromatic hydrocarbons, compared with tobacco cigarettes.

"There are higher concentrations of carcinogens in cannabis smoke...what is intriguing to us is there is so little work done on cannabis when there is so much done on tobacco,” said Beasley.

"In the near future we may see an 'epidemic' of lung cancers connected with this new carcinogen. And the future risk probably applies to many other countries, where increasing use of cannabis among young adults and adolescents is becoming a major public health problem,” he added.

Study results appear in the in the European Respiratory Journal.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,326309,00.html

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Demanding equal time ... for wacky tobacca Empty Re: Demanding equal time ... for wacky tobacca

Post by Stephanie Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:15 am

Sam,

When millions of Americans are smoking 20-40 joints or more per day, it will be worthy of discussion.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Demanding equal time ... for wacky tobacca Empty Re: Demanding equal time ... for wacky tobacca

Post by Aaron Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:50 am

Stephanie wrote:Sam,

When millions of Americans are smoking 20-40 joints or more per day, it will be worthy of discussion.

Where is hyper by the way?
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:57 am

I don't know how to find him and that is very frustrating because I know he lives in Buffalo. grrr........

I just don't know about him to track him down. He lives in Buffalo and has an infant named Miriam. Not a lot to go on.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:08 am

Stephanie wrote:I don't know how to find him and that is very frustrating because I know he lives in Buffalo. grrr........

I just don't know about him to track him down. He lives in Buffalo and has an infant named Miriam. Not a lot to go on.

post a note on the bulliten board at the grocery store in Elanore and the gas station in Buffalo...

"Hyperstation, visit this websight" and post the home page. He'll see it.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:21 pm

I don't know how to find him and that is very frustrating because I know he lives in Buffalo. grrr........

Why not send him an instant message:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerouser?cmd=viewprofile&id=132421

/I'm a wiz at Google...

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:23 pm

Oh, yeah, smoking anything is not good for you.

That is why they make water pipes, vaporizers and brownies...

... or so I have heard.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:27 pm

Man I thought I was good, RC. I found you and Aaron. I did look for hyper. Can you find Robo, Keith, and the rest?
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:37 pm

All in good time, all in good time.

Robo may be tricky.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:45 pm

Hyper hasn't logged onto that forum in nearly a year, but I did send him a message there. I'm searching for him now using the name he supplied that forum.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:49 pm

Found Keith in another forum:

http://iidb.infidels.org/vbb/showthread.php?p=5119261

I've registered for the forum (it seems up my alley, anyhow), but it may be a day or to before I am extended privileges.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:57 pm

I don't suppose you could find me some posters for the sports pages. No offense but you guys, while very stimulating in other area's, are quite lame on that subject!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:05 pm

Robo was from NJ, originally.

I found THIS Robo in CA:

Robert D, on August 4th, 2007 at 11:16 pm Said:

Well just between us…I received an invitation from Nuke to post my opinions on this site occasionally. When I first signed up I was trying to be different with my name. It turned out to be……roberterd. Embarassed Thus, Robo Turd was born. I had to ask Nuke to PLEASE let me change that, and being the kind and noble person that he is he agreed. And he kept that to himself. That’s a smooth move. So there is the story of Robo.

Robo Turd. aka…Robert D

http://nukegingrich.wordpress.com/2007/08/04/the-sym-gets-pwned-for-christmas/

Not sure if it is the same one. Kinda sounds like him, but I can't be sure.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:14 pm

Perhaps Terry can help you find tantalus. I don't know who else posted to the sports forums because I didn't pay attention, I just noticed his name up there occasionally. I know he lives near the Mein Kwong, or whatever the name of that restaurant is.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:19 pm

What about some of the other people like Randall and the other gentleman that didn't rankled One Citizens colar just before we got shut down by the paper? Any news of them?

Or Grand ma maw? She didn't say much but I miss her.

JeffWVU was in Arizona. He posted some on the sports board and a little in the political section.

Those are the ones I remember.

If some of you guys post on other forums, you might want to mention this one.

I did on one forum but the moderator wouldn't print the link so I left.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:36 pm

I've actually been thinking a lot about changing this:
Former Gazz Forum members carry on without the Gazz!

I frequently see us getting hits from both Google and Yahoo! but nobody new joins. I'm thinking it might put outsiders off.

What do you guys think?
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:35 pm

Aaron wrote:What about some of the other people like Randall and the other gentleman that didn't rankled One Citizens colar just before we got shut down by the paper? Any news of them?

Or Grand ma maw? She didn't say much but I miss her.

JeffWVU was in Arizona. He posted some on the sports board and a little in the political section.

Those are the ones I remember.

If some of you guys post on other forums, you might want to mention this one.

I did on one forum but the moderator wouldn't print the link so I left.

Aaron,

The only other forums I participate in are Ron Paul forums. I have grown very fond of many of the people I have met campaigning for Ron Paul but if I invite them this will become another Ron Paul forum. I'm not sure how fair that would be to those members who don't support Dr. Paul so until he either wins the election or drops from the race (I'd much prefer the former) I won't invite them, unless everyone else agreed to that. There are only about a dozen of us and with at least 4 of us supporting him now, and a couple leaning in that direction, I don't think it would be fair to everyone.

I'd like you to please note that most forum moderators and administrators are not as wonderful as those here. We're terrific, aren't we? lol

Just don't try selling 9th Ward N.O. property or male enhancement products and your pretty much good with me. lmao
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:00 pm

Stephanie wrote:I've actually been thinking a lot about changing this:
Former Gazz Forum members carry on without the Gazz!

I frequently see us getting hits from both Google and Yahoo! but nobody new joins. I'm thinking it might put outsiders off.

What do you guys think?

If you can change the name then by all means do so to something with West Virgina in the name.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:22 am

Stephanie wrote:Sam,

DUH, that would be a "health risk" equal to smoking 400-800 cigarettes per day.

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down