WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Willy knows how naive we are.

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Willy knows how naive we are. - Page 2 Empty Re: Willy knows how naive we are.

Post by SamCogar Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:48 am

Stephanie wrote:Hubs is here Sam, so I asked him.

"It's not an easy thing to do, but it's not impossible. If Lee H Oswald knew he was going to take that shot, at that angle, he would have set up for it. If a hunter is in a stand, he knows to make adjustments for that. Moving at 15 miles an hour? I had an uncle that could drop a deer running at full speed 99.9% of the time, without a rest. So I think it's very possible. What I find hard to believe is that he put out the number of shots that he did."

But not a head or heart shot at 100 yards 99.9% of the time.

Stephanie wrote:The questions shouldn't be, would another shot be easier, but is what Oswald did possible? Sam, the answer is yes.

Yes it is possible, but highly improbable for someone like Oswald doing it.

Annie Oakley could have, she could shoot a Quail in the head flying at 35 mph.

Stephanie wrote:Still, I think Oswald acted alone. I don't think the Cubans, or the mob, or Johnson, or the Soviets, put him up to it. I think he was some kind of crazy.

Stephanie, talking about what "crazies" will do, ..... read this.

While other businessmen had to pay taxes on their income regardless of what they sold, the oilmen got special treatment."

Bryce gives an example in his book how the oil depreciation allowance works. "An oilman drills a well that costs $100,000. He finds a reservoir containing $10,000,000 worth of oil. The well produces $1 million worth of oil per year for ten years. In the very first year, thanks to the depletion allowance, the oilman could deduct 27.5 per cent, or $275,000, of that $1 million in income from his taxable income. Thus, in just one year, he's deducted nearly three times his initial investment. But the depletion allowance continues to pay off. For each of the next nine years, he gets to continue taking the $275,000 depletion deduction. By the end of the tenth year, the oilman has deducted $2.75 million from his taxable income, even though his initial investment was only $100,000."

During the 1960 presidential election John F. Kennedy gave his support for the oil depletion allowance. In October, 1960, he said that he appreciated "the value and importance of the oil-depletion allowance. I realize its purpose and value... The oil-depletion allowance has served us well."

However, two years later, Kennedy decided to take on the oil industry. On 16th October, 1962, Kennedy was able to persuade Congress to pass an act that removed the distinction between repatriated profits and profits reinvested abroad. While this law applied to industry as a whole, it especially affected the oil companies. It was estimated that as a result of this legislation, wealthy oilmen saw a fall in their earnings on foreign investment from 30 per cent to 15 per cent.

On 17th January, 1963, President Kennedy presented his proposals for tax reform. This included relieving the tax burdens of low-income and elderly citizens. Kennedy also claimed he wanted to remove special privileges and loopholes. He even said he wanted to do away with the oil depletion allowance. It is estimated that the proposed removal of the oil depletion allowance would result in a loss of around $300 million a year to Texas oilmen.

After the assassination of Kennedy, President Lyndon B. Johnson dropped the government plans to remove the oil depletion allowance. Richard Nixon followed his example and it was not until the arrival of Jimmy Carter that the oil depletion allowance was removed.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKoildepletion.htm

Let's see now, ..... would the threat of taking $300 million a year away from a small group of Texans ........ not make one or more of them to act a little crazy, ........ especially after their PROFITS on foreign investments had been cut 50% ...... from 30% to 15%?

cheers

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:53 am

Sam,

What has kept Teddy silent all of these years?
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:14 am

Aaron wrote:Watch the show Sam. It really is educational and if you know anything about shooting as I suspect you do, it gives you a clear visual of just how average the shots actually were.

Aaron, if those "shots" were made from the SBD building, ..... they were not average shots from an average shooter.

Aaron, in that show, ..... was it an actual re-enactment of the hypothesized shooting?

Did they use a cadaver to demostrate "what happens" when a rifle bullet strikes the back of a human's head?

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:26 am

SamCogar wrote:
Aaron wrote:Watch the show Sam. It really is educational and if you know anything about shooting as I suspect you do, it gives you a clear visual of just how average the shots actually were.

Aaron, if those "shots" were made from the SBD building, ..... they were not average shots from an average shooter.

Aaron, in that show, ..... was it an actual re-enactment of the hypothesized shooting?

Did they use a cadaver to demostrate "what happens" when a rifle bullet strikes the back of a human's head?

I know they did a set up on a range to show how the bullets traveled through Kennedy and Conley were hit with the one bullet using material (part of pig fat I think-I haven't seen the show in a couple of years) that closely resembles that of a human. The shot using the same angle and the final resting place was within mm of where it was supposed to be. Honestly, I was suprised.

As for what happens to the head, I don't remember exactly how they showed that what happened in the video would happen from a shot at the angle Oswald fired from but I do remember they showed that it was not only possible, but in fact very likely.

As for the shot, I don't know what they used. I do remember them showing the recreation and thinking that from all I had read, I thought the shots would have been more difficult then they actually were.

I'm not saying I could have hit the shots becasue I don't hunt any more and I've never been a big shooter. I went to basic training with people who could make the shot and I've got a nephew (a touch of OC) who I've seen with my own eyes hit a moving squirrel with a 22. He could have made the shot.

Don't take my word for it thogh Sam. Watch the show.

Last edited by on Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:28 am

Stephanie wrote:Sam,

What has kept Teddy silent all of these years?

Well, for one thing, we know he is good at keeping quiet about things.

But why should he say anything about JFK?

In 1960, John Kennedy became President of the United States, and vacated his Massachusetts Senate seat. Ted would not be eligible to fill John's vacant Senate seat until February 22, 1962, when he would turn thirty. His father therefore persuaded the Massachusetts governor to name a Kennedy family friend Benjamin A. Smith II to fill out John's term, keeping the seat available for Ted. In 1962, Kennedy was elected to the Senate from Massachusetts in a special election.

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:34 pm

Aaron wrote:I'm not saying I could have hit the shots becasue I don't hunt any more and I've never been a big shooter. I went to basic training with people who could make the shot and I've got a nephew (a touch of OC) who I've seen with my own eyes hit a moving squirrel with a 22. He could have made the shot.

Don't take my word for it thogh Sam. Watch the show.

I will if I see it advertised.

And Aaron, I have been told that my Dad could shoot a rabbit using a .22 that was either running or sitting still ...... from the back of a jerking, moving train.

And if you want to see some good shooting, watch that Documentary titled "Sharpshooters".

But now I ama tellin ya, ...... ya don't get horrendous "blowback" when a bullet strikes an animal or human in the head. The is no internal pressure that would cause such. The mass of the brain supports the skull and thus the bullet will punch a "hole" when entering, but on exit there is no such support and the skull will fracture and pieces will fly outward. And the force and/or pressure caused by the bullet is towards the sides and in the direction the bullet is travelling. And it is travelling so fast that any "increased pressure" it causes will be vented through the larger exit hole.

Aaron, take a flat "center punch" and try punching a round hole in a piece of thin fragile plastic without a "support" on the backside. Then try it with a piece of soft pine on the backside.

Watch a few of those forensic "series" or "cold case files" on TV. If they show a skull with a "bullet wound" ..... it is only a little "hole" where it entered and is the size of the bullet.

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by SFCraig Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:59 pm

Why would anyone think that the WTC would be attacked again? Smile

SFCraig

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:49 am

Why would you think that someone would think that ...... being that the WTCs were destroyed when the 2nd attack occured? Laughing Laughing Laughing

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by SFCraig Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:03 am

And it's not like they have memos passed around in D.C. saying "Someone's gonna blow something up".

That would be negligence or ignorance, and that is not an America I would want to live in! Smile

SFCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:08 am

SFCraig wrote:And it's not like they have memos passed around in D.C. saying "Someone's gonna blow something up".

That would be negligence or ignorance, and that is not an America I would want to live in! Smile

You'd better start packing.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:27 am

SFCraig wrote:And it's not like they have memos passed around in D.C. saying "Someone's gonna blow something up".

HUUUUMMMMM, Craig, ...... your choice of an Avitar was an excellent one. Laughing Laughing

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by SFCraig Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:54 pm

Smile

SFCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2