WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaza mercy ship seized by Israel

+2
Stephanie
ziggy
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gaza mercy ship seized by Israel - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaza mercy ship seized by Israel

Post by Stephanie Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:18 pm

The lefty pacifists who don’t think the US should get involved in the “warring problems” in or between other countries sure are quick at expressing a different opinion if it involves something like an Ebola outbreak in Africa.

Ah, must be why you tolerate me so well, Sammy. I don't believe the US government should be using US taxpayer dollars to save Africans from Ebola or to buy crayons for the children of Gaza. I do, however, firmly believe this nation has the right to defend herself from acts of violence.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556
Registration date : 2007-12-28

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Gaza mercy ship seized by Israel - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaza mercy ship seized by Israel

Post by SamCogar Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:18 am

Steph, you are right. I am quite aware that your primary “focus” is on the “short term local effect” whereas mine is on the “long term international effect”.

And I understand and accept your thinking, and not being sexist, overtly critical, etc., but your “thinking” is a typical inherited feminine attribute. It’s a “motherly thingy” ya know. Smile

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:57 am

I'm not sure it's a "feminine attribute". I know plenty of women who disagree with me and plenty of men who agree. For myself, I have priorities.

It seems to me I'm paying very close attention to the long term national effect by learning from the past. Smile
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:49 pm

That being said, I am a student of Sun-Tzu, the Romans, and Genernal William T. Sherman. I bleieve that when one fights an enemy, there should be no mercy, and all in one's power should be brought to bear to accomplish to things, 1.) a QUICK and DECISIVE victory, and 2.) Break the enemy's will to ever wage war again. The second really being the most important.

And which countries at war should fight it this way- only the ones whose political purpose in making war you agree with, or all of them?

Nations have been fighting wars this way for thousands of years. If what you are saying is realistic, wars would have disappeared from human civilization long ago- because the will of waring nations' to make war would have been broken.

and 2.) Break the enemy's will to ever wage war again. The second really being the most important.

So how do we define "the enemy"? It is easy to declare this or that our "enemy". It is something else again to muster the resources to accomplish a "QUICK and DECISIVE victory" over a declared "enemy" that already has more will and other resources (hardware or human) to survive and be victorious than its declared foes have.

And so the circle of war goes 'round and 'round.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2