WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Definition of Terms

2 posters

Go down

Definition of Terms Empty Definition of Terms

Post by ohio county Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:16 am

Apparently Secretary Sebelius believes that private ownership even in a state of perfect competition constitutes monopoly.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2009/08/16/interview_with_secretary_sebelius_97914.html

In a monopoly system, it's not a great way to hold down costs. So he [Obama] continues to be very supportive of some options for consumers. What we don't know is exactly what the Senate Finance Committee is likely to come up. They've been more focused on a co-op, not-for- profit co-op as a competitor as opposed to a straight government-run program.

And I think what's important is choice and competition. And I'm convinced at the end of the day, the plan will have both of those. But that is not the essential element.

What does she know about competition?
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Definition of Terms Empty Re: Definition of Terms

Post by Aaron Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:52 am

I don't think many state government employees know much about competition. I have an acquaintance on facebook that is constantly posting liberal tripe regarding Medicare but he never defends his position. I think it is because he is a teacher, his mother was a teacher and his father is retired from the state. All he knows is government employment thus he's never had to deal with making a profit. Their solution when increased funds are need is to never to cut but to simply raise taxes.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down