WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Me thinks tis a pandemic of bad nurturing.

2 posters

Go down

Me thinks tis a pandemic of bad nurturing. Empty Me thinks tis a pandemic of bad nurturing.

Post by SamCogar Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:48 am

ATLANTA - About 1 in 110 children have autism, according to the government’s latest estimate released Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

It’s a small change from a 1 in 100 preliminary estimate that CDC officials made in October from the same study. CDC officials said the latest number comes from a more complete analysis of reports from 11 states.

Until recently, the CDC had been saying autism occurred in 1 in 150 children. The new CDC estimate looks at 8-year-old children who had been diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder in 2006.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34480829/ns/health-mental_health/

An increase of “1 in 150” children to “1 in 110” children is a 26.7% increase.

Me thinks tis a pandemic of bad nurturing and if so, the number of diagnosed cases of autism will continue to increase over the next few decades because "nurtured autism" is a self-propagating affliction.

As the number of children in each generation that receives inadequate nurturing during their pre-school years and especially during their public school years continues to increase, ....... then when they start birthing children of their own they will be less prepared to provide adequate nurturing to their children ....... and then their children will be even less prepared ..... and on n' on, ..... self-propagating.

The "dumb" can not and will not nurture their children to be "smart".

So,
lol!

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Me thinks tis a pandemic of bad nurturing. Empty Re: Me thinks tis a pandemic of bad nurturing.

Post by Andrea Cristobal Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:35 pm

Ah Sam I would be very interested in knowing where your 'nurturing theory' comes from. I know it is believed that bigotry and racism are also 'nurtured'. Perhaps we should all change the way we think/and raise our children. Mine who is grown and on his own I am very proud of. He is a successful young man who also does good works.
Andrea Cristobal
Andrea Cristobal

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2009-12-08

Back to top Go down

Me thinks tis a pandemic of bad nurturing. Empty Re: Me thinks tis a pandemic of bad nurturing.

Post by SamCogar Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:42 am

Andrea Cristobal wrote:Ah Sam I would be very interested in knowing where your 'nurturing theory' comes from. I know it is believed that bigotry and racism are also 'nurtured'.

Given those above two statements and your past responses to my acknowledgement of your queries, me thinks it is highly improbable that you have any interest at all in knowing about or even learning anything about said 'nurturing theory'. A Google search returns over 2 million "results" for said which you could have easily checked on yourself.

Andrea Cristobal wrote:Perhaps we should all change the way we think/and raise our children.

HA, that is the same as saying "you are going to change your likes and dislikes for the food and beverages that you ingest".

Ain't gonna easily happen unless something traumatic happens to instigate said change. DUH, cigarette smoking cessation is a prime example.

Andrea Cristobal wrote:Mine who is grown and on his own I am very proud of. He is a successful young man who also does good works.

Well "DUH", you apparently nurtured him according to how you were nurtured ...... so why wouldn't you be proud?

Iffen he was doing something you wasn't proud of ...... wouldn't you be blaming someone or something else for teaching (nurturing) him bad habits or acts that you didn't approve of?

I'm damn sure that you would. Me thinks tis a pandemic of bad nurturing. 49761 Me thinks tis a pandemic of bad nurturing. 49761 Me thinks tis a pandemic of bad nurturing. 49761

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down