WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evolutionist calls Creationist "Idiot"

4 posters

Go down

Evolutionist calls Creationist "Idiot" Empty Evolutionist calls Creationist "Idiot"

Post by Keli Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:37 am

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/science/11/25/darwin.dawkins.evolution/

Evangelist Ray Comfort has published the public domain "Origin of Species" with a Creationist introduction. Dawkins is afraid that Evolution cannot stand up to criticism--so he resorts to AD HOMINEM attacks.
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Evolutionist calls Creationist "Idiot" Empty Re: Evolutionist calls Creationist "Idiot"

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:41 am

In November of 2009, we will be giving away more than 100,000 copies of Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species at 100 top U.S. universities (other individuals and churches have purchased approximately 70,000 copies to also give to students). This will be the entire publication (304-pages). Nothing has been removed from Darwin’s original work. As usual with reprints of On the Origin of Species (there have been over 140 reprints), there will be an Introduction. My name will be on the cover (for those who think that we are somehow being deceptive). In one day, 170,000 future doctors, lawyers and politicians will freely get information about Intelligent Design (and the gospel) placed directly into their hands!

Thank you for wanting to help us do this. You can help by financially supporting us, so that we can expand this give-away to many more universities. This is just the beginning: click HERE.

We have completely sold out of the first print run of 30,000, and have placed an order for 175,000 more books.

Please sign up for the weekly Update so that we can inform you when the book is back in stock. To sign up, simply click on the envelope icon on www.livingwaters.com at the top right of the home page.

A gracious man once said, “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” However, it seems that some contemporary atheists don’t share such honorable convictions. When they found out that I was writing an Introduction to this book, they threatened lawsuits, tried to organize themselves into gangs with the intent of tearing the Introduction out of the book, and have even talked about book burnings:

* “Perhaps we should just call for a book burning!”
* “In this instance, I would advocate book-burning.”
* “I'm not into burning books, but this one deserves to be.”
* “Anyone up for a large bonfire?”

It would seem that atheists insultingly see themselves as the intellectual saviors of those who haven’t the brainpower to think for themselves. It was Irish playwright and atheist, George Bernard Shaw (1856 – 1950), who rightly warned, “All censorships exist to prevent any one from challenging current conceptions and existing institutions.” Darwin himself said, “A fair result can be obtained only by fully stating and balancing the facts and arguments on both sides of each question.” -- Charles Darwin, Introduction to On the Origins of Species (1859).

Thank you again.

Sincerely,

Ray Comfort
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Evolutionist calls Creationist "Idiot" Empty Re: Evolutionist calls Creationist "Idiot"

Post by TerryRC Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:00 am

A gracious man once said, “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

Actually, it was a woman, Evelyn Beatrice Hall, in Friends of Voltaire.

Mr. Comfort should do his research better.

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:25 pm

TerryRC wrote:A gracious man once said, “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

Actually, it was a woman, Evelyn Beatrice Hall, in Friends of Voltaire.

Mr. Comfort should do his research better.

Should he start at the University of East Anglia?
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:26 am

Should he start at the University of East Anglia?

Anyone that writes like that, depicting themselves as an "expert", should research what they are saying.

I don't care where they do it. A famous man did not say what Comfort attributed to "him" and Comfort should be more sure of what he says. I presume he thought he was quoting Voltaire, which is ironic as Voltaire, one of the idols of the Enlightenment, had no love of religion.

Creation "experts" have a "theory" and try to shape the evidence by picking and choosing (and deliberately misinterpreting) what they like and ignoring the rest.

They then go on to mislead the gullible that are trained to hate what their religious leaders tell them to hate.

That isn't stupid - it is criminal.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:33 am

Anyone that writes like TerryRC, depicting himself as an "expert", should research what they are saying.

Evolution "experts" have a "theory" and try to shape the evidence by picking and choosing (and deliberately misinterpreting) what they like and ignoring the rest. (Viz-a-vis U. of East Anglia)

They then go on to mislead the gullible that are trained to hate what their scientific leaders tell them to hate.

That isn't only stupid - it is criminal.
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:52 am

Evolution "experts" have a "theory" and try to shape the evidence by picking and choosing (and deliberately misinterpreting) what they like and ignoring the rest. (Viz-a-vis U. of East Anglia).

Mimicry is a form of respect, you copycat.

Thank you.

Creationists have no evidence to support their theory. You know it and I know it - lie, cry and deny all you like.

On the other hand, pretty much every one of the natural sciences offers evidence to support evolution. When someone does try and mislead (Piltdown Man, for example), it is usually exposed by fellow scientists.

To call us liars is not reasonable or fair.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:53 am

TerryRC wrote:Creationists have no evidence to support their theory. You know it and I know it - lie, cry and deny all you like.

On the other hand, pretty much every one of the natural sciences offers evidence to support evolution. When someone does try and mislead (Piltdown Man, for example), it is usually exposed by fellow scientists.

Just as God planned it when he clapped his hands and made one hell of a bang...
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:14 pm

Just as God planned it when he clapped his hands and made one hell of a bang...

Quite possibly. Evolution doesn't address the origins of life, just how species arise.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down