WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Senator Webb(D-VA) calls for ending diversity

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Senator Webb(D-VA) calls for ending diversity Empty Senator Webb(D-VA) calls for ending diversity

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:28 am

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - Virginia Sen. Jim Webb called for ending government-run diversity programs in a newspaper column Friday, saying they have disadvantaged struggling whites and hurt the cause of racial harmony. Webb wrote an op-ed column in Friday's Wall Street Journal that said a "plethora of government-enforced diversity policies have marginalized many white workers. The time has come to cease the false arguments and allow every American the benefit of a fair chance at the future."

Webb's press secretary, Jessica Smith, said Friday that the senator felt the column speaks for itself and that he would not comment further.

That crazy macaca! What is he thinking?
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Senator Webb(D-VA) calls for ending diversity Empty Re: Senator Webb(D-VA) calls for ending diversity

Post by SamCogar Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:49 am

A Democrat Senator you could luv.

Federal diversity programs now primarily benefit new immigrants over whites and even black Americans, their original beneficiaries, wrote Webb, D-Va.

"In an odd historical twist that all Americans see but few can understand, many programs allow recently arrived immigrants to move ahead of similarly situated whites whose families have been in the country for generations," he wrote.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/va-senator-calls-for-577327.html

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Senator Webb(D-VA) calls for ending diversity Empty Re: Senator Webb(D-VA) calls for ending diversity

Post by TerryRC Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:45 am

A Democrat Senator you could luv.

For you that is unpossible. I thought they were all "POS"?

I'm not keen on "diversity" programs or "political correctness".

That being said, it takes a long time to overcome systematic racism.

Example: after WWII, white veterans got VA-back mortgages to buy houses. Black veterans didn't. Inner-city neighborhoods where they lived were redlined, and neighborhoods in the suburbs were segregated. Since the blacks continued to rent, they didn't accumulate the wealth that their white counterparts did. Now that WWII veterans are rapidly dwindling, the black vets aren't able to leave the wealth they accumulated through homeownership to the next generation, which could have been used to pay for college, purchase a new house, etc.

This is one reason why blacks are disproportionately represented among the poor.

Some say that affirmative action has served its time. I'm wishy-washy on that. I'd give it another generation until everyone that lived under Jim Crow is dead and gone.

Cue the "OMG, TerryRC is a fascist that hates freedom" remarks.

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:21 am

Terry,

Are you familiar with the DOJ-New Black Panther voter intimidation issue? It's been mentioned somewhere in this forum.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:05 am

No.

If a group is found guilty of keeping voters from the polls or of threatening harm if someone votes a certain way, they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:51 pm

Oh man, Terry. Let me find you the video.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:57 pm

http://blog.heritage.org/2010/07/21/the-new-black-panther-party-evidence-on-voter-intimidation/

You can read a bit about it on that blog and the video is posted there. Funny how the MSM ignores this story. I would post you links to news reports from Fox etc but I know how dismissive you are of Fox.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:49 pm

I watched the video and I saw no evidence of voter intimidation.

Perhaps you could point out the exact threat made in the video, which is our only actual evidence. I saw no one being denied access to the polling place.

I did see white people walking out of the polling place at the end of the video. They didn't look intimidated.

Of course, what was reported in the blog was different than what is in the video but that is uncorroborated.

Perhaps the MSM is ignoring this for a reason. I'm sure FOX isn't, but then again, they have royally f'ed up with video evidence lately (and I know they weren't alone on that).

If, and I say "if" those particular panthers were hired as security, I see no crime here as security people carry clubs all of the time as a tool of their job.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:18 pm

TerryRC wrote:I watched the video and I saw no evidence of voter intimidation.

Of course you don't. And I'm sure you have no problem with a racist organization being hired for security either, do you?

Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:20 pm

Of course you don't.

Where was someone denied the right to enter by ANY means? In that video? Please point it out. Really.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:29 pm

Of course you don't. And I'm sure you have no problem with a racist organization being hired for security either, do you?

I thought you couldn't be discriminated against for your political stance?

So, what, exactly is the evidence that voters were turned away or threatened? At what point in the video did that happen?

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:48 pm

OK so next election day Aryan Nation members can stand in front of polling places in predominantly white areas of Philly swinging a nightstick?

There's more to the story than that video, btw. Here's the man with the stick in another video.