WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just some more Junk Science.

2 posters

Go down

Just some more Junk Science. Empty Just some more Junk Science.

Post by SamCogar Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:57 am

Why some people can sleep through anything

Dr. Jeffrey Ellenbogen, chief of the sleep medicine division at Massachusetts General Hospital, and a team of researchers believe they have cracked a brain-wave code that predicts how and why some people are more easily stirred from slumber by bumps in the night while others can saw logs through clanking garbage trucks and snoring partners.

In short, he found, if you’re not sleeping well, you can blame your spindles. Just some more Junk Science. 49761 That’s what doctors have dubbed quick bursts of brain activity that our thalamus gives off every 10 to 60 seconds as we sleep. For years, scientists have theorized that these spindles may be signs that the thalamus, essentially a sleep shield, is working to block sounds or other sensory information, Razz Razz Razz helping to keep us in dreamland.

http://bodyodd.msnbc.msn.com/

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Just some more Junk Science. Empty Re: Just some more Junk Science.

Post by Aaron Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:26 am

I've found that as I age, once I get to sleep, I have no trouble sleeping through a great deal of noise. At least until the wee hours of the morning that is.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down