WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

belated DMV posting

+2
Aaron
SamCogar
6 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

belated DMV posting Empty belated DMV posting

Post by SamCogar Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:33 am

I've been trying to post this for some time now and I just noticed the "host an image" is now working, so .....

belated DMV posting Wv_dri11

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

belated DMV posting Empty Re: belated DMV posting

Post by Aaron Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:14 am

And would those documents not verify ones residency as well as their legal status including citizenship despite what Terry has said to the contrary!!!
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:27 am

Yes, once you get that new Driver's License it will then be proof of your citizenship and also of your residency unless you have moved after your DL was issued or the address of your residency was changed for you.

My Street address has changed twice in the past 8 years and neither me or my house has move from this spot.

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:28 am

But that can't be Sam, Terry has said dozens of times that it doesn't work like that.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:53 am

TRC is young enough to learn a few new things.

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:43 am

Notice that this was just implemented this year.

What I said was that up until recently, you could get a WV driver's license WITHOUT showing proof of citizenship by surrendering an out of state license.

And, apparently, I was right. I know this because I did it. I did have to bring a document to show my full name. My marriage license (not proof of citizenship) was sufficient

So, tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum, you haven't proved me to be wrong, try as you might. I'm hoping you two old dogs aren't too old to learn.

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:45 am

Told you Sam. He can never admit when he's wrong. My oldest got his learners when he was 15. He'll be 22 tomorrow. Along with his proof of enrollment in school, we had to show his birth certificate and a valid proof of residency. While I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, I'm pretty sure 22-15=7.

Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:49 am

If you had to show your birth certificate up until now, why is this rule just being implemented.

I was right that, up until recently, you did NOT have to show a birth certificate to transfer a license from another state, in short, getting a WV license without having to show proof of citizenship.

Sam's notice supports my assertion.

You are the one that will not admit error, Aaron, as is plain for all here to see.

Ciao!

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:52 am

I speak from personal experience Terry and as the notice does not state when this policy was implemented, it does not support your incorrect assertion.

Try again.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:55 am

It had to be sometime this year.

I know that I got my WV license without a birth certificate.

I KNOW that your personal experience has gaps in it. My license is proof of that.

I may have to show a birth certificate in the future, but I haven't up until now.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:01 am

You RENEWED your license without a birth certificate, and possibly without a proof of residence. It could have been for a number of reasons.

Perhaps they were not requiring renewals at that time or perhaps even though it was law, the DMV you went to wasn't enforcing that portion of the Real ID Act. That doesn't change the facts that WV has been requiring birth certificates of proof of citizenship for new drivers license AND ID cards for at least 7 years.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:26 am

I seem to recall that both Terry & Ziggy argued with me when I insisted they would be required to show their birth certificate when renewing their license. I not only had to show my birth certificate, but my marriage certificate and two proofs of residency AND my social security card.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:46 am

No amount of proof you show them Stephanie will ever lead to either admitting they are wrong.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:00 am

I don't care what they admit to. What I do care is that the federal government has absolutely no interest in stemming the tide of illegal immigration. This "Real ID" bullshit is a ruse.

If they were interested in doing so they wouldn't be fighting Arizona's attempts to enforce immigration laws that have existed for years. So on the one hand they insist that American citizens, such as myself and Ziggy and you and Terry provide birth certificates, social security cards and multiple proofs of residency, yet on the other hand state and local law enforcement are not allowed to require individuals they stop for speeding or arrest for shop lifting prove they are here legally.

This is about monitoring and tracking American citizens. They couldn't care less about our sovereignty or our security. If the federal government actually did care about such things they would SECURE OUR PORTS AND BORDERS and exhaust all legal channels to EXPEL those people found to be here illegally. In addition, they would actively be working to end the problem of anchor babies.

This isn't rocket scientist stuff.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:00 am

btw don't forget about tomorrow, Aaron!
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:04 am

I have it on my calendar. I was going to come yesterday but had to run to Oak Hill.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:00 am

I know that I got my WV license without a birth certificate.

And I'm sure you got your WV license without having to take a "driving test", also.

Years ago, bout 1986-7, when they changed the Law that potential Jurors had to be “randomly selected” from both the Voter’s Registration List and the DMV Drivers License List …… I created the data base and wrote a software program for doing said.

Thus, when the BC Circuit Clerk needed Jurors he would tell me “how many” and that program would randomly select 50% of them from each data file and print out a “name & address” label for the chosen Jury Pool. The CC would then put those labels in a “box”, mix them all up and “draw” one at a time out to select his Jurors.

Anyway, when setting up that DMV file I found oodles of people who had 2, 3 and even 4 listings for a WV Driver’s License.

My guess was that every time they “lost their license” they would just go apply for a new one ……. and get it …… by changing their first name and middle name designation. Such as, using my name as an example: Sam C Cogar, … Samuel C Cogar, ….. Samuel Clay Cogar, …. S Clay Cogar, …. S C Cogar.

So “HA”, after 24 years knowing about “a problem” the WVDMV is finally going to “fix it”.

lol! belated DMV posting 197570 belated DMV posting 197570 belated DMV posting 197570 belated DMV posting 197570 belated DMV posting 197570

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:24 pm

Stephanie wrote:I seem to recall that both Terry & Ziggy argued with me when I insisted they would be required to show their birth certificate when renewing their license. I not only had to show my birth certificate, but my marriage certificate and two proofs of residency AND my social security card.

I have my drivers license renewal form in front of me, and which I need to process in a few weeks . It lists various documents, any one of which may be used to prove identity and to prove residency. To prove identity all I need is my current driver's license- same as when I renewed five years ago . To prove residency all I need is a current utility bill. They do not demand my birth certifcate, nor my marriage license, nor anything beyond what I needed when I renewed the last time around 5 years ago. What is all the fuss about?
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:46 pm

Talk to me after you renew your license. I don't care what that form says. When you get to the DMV there will be a list clearly posted stating what is required for your renewal. I promise you the folks at the DMV aren't going to give a hoot about what you received in the mail either.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:32 am

Stephanie wrote:Talk to me after you renew your license. I don't care what that form says. When you get to the DMV there will be a list clearly posted stating what is required for your renewal. I promise you the folks at the DMV aren't going to give a hoot about what you received in the mail either.

I went to DMV and renewed my driver's license this morning. All I took with me was the application for renewal, my expiring driver's license, and an electric bill and a few dollars. I was not asked for anything else. I came out with my new license in a few minutes- 10 minutes tops- faster than ever before that I recall.

ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:41 am

Stephanie wrote:I seem to recall that both Terry & Ziggy argued with me when I insisted they would be required to show their birth certificate when renewing their license. I not only had to show my birth certificate, but my marriage certificate and two proofs of residency AND my social security card.

Aaron wrote:No amount of proof you show them Stephanie will ever lead to either admitting they are wrong.

I was not wrong, and so there is no reason for me to say that I was.

The "proof" is in what it took for me to renew my driver's license today- only the application and utility bill to show residency and my old license. Case closed.

ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:06 am

What office did you go to? From now on that will be the branch I deal with because things are VERY different in Teays Valley.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:26 am

Stephanie wrote:What office did you go to? From now on that will be the branch I deal with because things are VERY different in Teays Valley.

Steph, don't get too excited, Ziggy was/is/did "snookering" you.

To wit:

only the application and utility bill to show residency and my old license

His old license already had his "full legal name (no initials)" on it, which he has known from the git-go.

He probably provided his "proof" either 2 or 4 years ago when he got his old license renewed.

belated DMV posting 197570 belated DMV posting 197570 belated DMV posting 197570 belated DMV posting 197570

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:23 am

SamCogar wrote:
Stephanie wrote:What office did you go to? From now on that will be the branch I deal with because things are VERY different in Teays Valley.

Steph, don't get too excited, Ziggy was/is/did "snookering" you.

To wit:

only the application and utility bill to show residency and my old license

His old license already had his "full legal name (no initials)" on it, which he has known from the git-go.

He probably provided his "proof" either 2 or 4 years ago when he got his old license renewed.

Nope. Same procedure as before- 5 years ago I think it was- and the time before that. BTW, both my old and my NEW license have my first and last name, and only a middle initial- same as it's been for 48 years.

As to alleged "snookering", that says nothing about Ziggy- but tells us a hell of a lot about SamCogar. Your subliminal obssessions are telling on themselves.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:24 am

Charleston- Kanawha City Mall.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum: