WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teachers

3 posters

Go down

Teachers Empty Teachers

Post by Aaron Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:36 pm

Seems a bit more then 3% for 3/4 time work to me. So when do we get to see our 5+% increase in test scores???

Teachers get $1,600 pay raise
Pay raises and tax cuts dominated the final hours of the 2008 regular session of the Legislature, which ended at midnight Sunday.
By Tom Searls
Staff writer
By Phil Kabler
Staff writer
Pay raises and tax cuts dominated the final hours of the 2008 regular session of the Legislature, which ended at midnight Sunday.

On the final day, legislators approved a $1,600 across-the-board pay raise to teachers, along with $700 raises to school personnel (SB573).

The raise was $400 less than the state teachers' associations had pushed for, but more than the original 3 percent pay raise proposed by Gov. Joe Manchin. West Virginia Federation of Teachers President Judy Hale said the governor's proposal would have meant larger raises for principals and school administrators.

source
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Teachers Empty Re: Teachers

Post by SamCogar Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:30 pm

But now I'm unhappy.

My wife gets less than 1/2 what those Teachers get.

She has the same amount of bills and expenses as the Teachers.

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:13 pm

I guess they have better union representation even though there are those that would have you believe the teachers union in WV has no power whatsoever. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:08 pm

And who voted to give the raise? The legislature.

And who exactly signed the legislation? Well I do believe it was the governor, Joey Manchin.

What did the AFT and WVEA do exactly? Ask and lobby for a raise. Isn't that exactly the samething farmers, cops, firemen, guards, businesses, and other groups do.

Seems to me that your gripe should be with the legislature and governor? I know that when I look at the performace of businesses I may invest in, I don't look at the employees and what they get or may be asking for, I look at management and what they give and by how much. In other words I see managment as being responsible for the operation of a business and the governor and legislature responsible for the operation of education, not the employees.

Cato

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down