WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I see what you see, yup Ido, & hear what you are thinkin too

Go down

I see what you see, yup Ido, & hear what you are thinkin too Empty I see what you see, yup Ido, & hear what you are thinkin too

Post by SamCogar Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:21 am

Conjoined Twins See Through Each Other's Eyes

(Nov. 30) -- Twins share a unique bond, often claiming to know each other's thoughts and frequently finishing each other's sentences. But one set of sisters has taken twin powers to a whole new level: They can see through each other's eyes.

Meet Tatiana and Krista Hogan of Vernon, British Columbia, Canada -- 4-year-olds conjoined at the head, known as craniopagus twins.

"They are very interconnected. They share a lot of things normal conjoined twins don't. They have the special ability to see what each other's seeing through each other's eyes," Felicia Simms, the girls' mother, said in a television interview with ABC News.

The girls' pediatric neurosurgeon, Dr. Doug Cochrane, explained, "They have connections amongst blood vessels, both arteries and veins. But they also have this connection between what's called the thalamus, and between the thalami, one in each to the other, so there's actually a bridge of neural tissue in these twins, which actually makes them quite unique."

In "The Twins Who Share a Brain," a documentary airing on the National Geographic Channel, Cochrane further explained: "Their brains are recording signals from the other twin's visual field. The brain receives electrical impulses from the retina of the opposite twin. And so, if one was to extend that and attribute an interpretation to it, one might be seeing what the other one is seeing."

The sisters can also feel what each other is doing, and according to Simms, most likely hear what each other is thinking, as well.

http://www.aolnews.com/weird-news/article/conjoined-twins-see-through-each-others-eyes/19731153?test=latestnews

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down