WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Healthcare mandate is Unconstitutional

4 posters

Go down

Healthcare mandate is Unconstitutional  Empty Healthcare mandate is Unconstitutional

Post by Aaron Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:48 pm

I'm sure the current Supreme Court will uphold this decision.

WASHINGTON — A federal judge declared the Obama administration's health care law unconstitutional Monday, siding with Virginia's attorney general in a dispute that both sides agree will ultimately be decided by the U.S. Supreme Court.

source
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Healthcare mandate is Unconstitutional  Empty Re: Healthcare mandate is Unconstitutional

Post by Cato Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:54 pm

It will be interesting to see how the Supreme Court rules on this.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Healthcare mandate is Unconstitutional  Empty Re: Healthcare mandate is Unconstitutional

Post by TerryRC Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:16 am

I didn't like idea of forcing of someone to buy health insurance.

On the other hand, if someone can afford it and they still refuse to buy it and get hurt or sick, care providers should be able to sue them for the cost of treatment and legal fees.

The argument that the judge used may not stick. After all, SS forces us all to contribute to a "retirement plan" and that passed muster.

The ruling was declarative and not injunctive, which means it will be reviewed either by the appellate court or by the Supreme Court. It is hard to predict how this will go.

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:27 am

and get hurt or sick, care providers should be able to sue them for the cost of treatment and legal fees.

Why bother doing that when you are already forcing the cigarette smokers to pay the cost of their treatment.

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:30 am

I'm not doing that.

I don't smoke cigarettes but I do smoke a couple of ounces of Borkum Riff Cavendish Black per week.

The price has quadrupled over the past four years.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:59 am

TerryRC (Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:16 am) wrote:I didn't like idea of forcing of someone to buy health insurance.

On the other hand, if someone can afford it and they still refuse to buy it and get hurt or sick, care providers should be able to sue them for the cost of treatment and legal fees.

The argument that the judge used may not stick. After all, SS forces us all to contribute to a "retirement plan" and that passed muster.

The ruling was declarative and not injunctive, which means it will be reviewed either by the appellate court or by the Supreme Court. It is hard to predict how this will go.

By rights, social security shouldn't be considered constitutional, in my opinion.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:05 pm

By rights, social security shouldn't be considered constitutional, in my opinion.

Can't disagree.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down