WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danny Jones Out of Control

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Danny Jones Out of Control Empty Danny Jones Out of Control

Post by Stephanie Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:06 am

I wonder what he has planned for those Shriners that won't get out of his way? This guy is really something else!

http://www.wvgazette.com/News/200803180649

March 19, 2008
Jones' battle with health board escalates
Agency says cut will hurt public
Charleston Mayor Danny Jones' plan to cut $100,000 from the Kanawha-Charleston Health Department's funding would force the agency to curb vital services, health board members said Tuesday.
By Eric Eyre
Staff writer
Charleston Mayor Danny Jones' plan to cut $100,000 from the Kanawha-Charleston Health Department's funding would force the agency to curb vital services, health board members said Tuesday.

Jones called for slashing the city's $200,000 contribution to the department in half. He accused health board members of stalling his proposal to move the health department building to make way for a new downtown hotel.

Health board members defended the agency Tuesday.

"I fail to see how punishing the citizens of Kanawha County by depriving them of services is going to help the situation," said Stephen Weber, a health board member. "Apparently, the mayor wants use of our building and don't let the door hit you on the way out."

The budget reduction also could jeopardize an additional $100,000 in state matching funds, health officials said.

"We'll have to cut back on the services we do to help people," said health board member Brenda Isaac, adding that specific cuts haven't been identified yet. "This is really escalating. I don't know what the mayor is so angry about."

Jones said health board members say they want to move, but don't really mean it.

"They're doing some moonwalking," the mayor said Tuesday. "They act like they're moving forward, but they're actually moving backward."

Earlier this week, Jones recommended that Charleston City Council members slash $100,000 from the health department's budget for the upcoming year. The city normally distributes $200,000 a year to the health agency.

Jones also plans to ask the health department for a full accounting of how it spends the city's funds.

"We want to see the books," the mayor said. "We want to see where this money is going."

Last fall, Jones and Kanawha County Commission President Kent Carper suggested that the health department move from its current site across from the Charleston Civic Center. Local developers Kelsey and Angela Harding have expressed interest in buying the health department building and putting a hotel there.

Health board members say they support the move, but need more time. They've hired a consultant, Philip Angel, to identify possible sites - a decision that angered Jones and Carper.

Jones called for slashing the city's $200,000 contribution to the department in half. He accused health board members of stalling his proposal to move the health department building to make way for a new downtown hotel.

Health board members defended the agency Tuesday.

"I fail to see how punishing the citizens of Kanawha County by depriving them of services is going to help the situation," said Stephen Weber, a health board member. "Apparently, the mayor wants use of our building and don't let the door hit you on the way out."

The budget reduction also could jeopardize an additional $100,000 in state matching funds, health officials said.

"We'll have to cut back on the services we do to help people," said health board member Brenda Isaac, adding that specific cuts haven't been identified yet. "This is really escalating. I don't know what the mayor is so angry about."

Jones said health board members say they want to move, but don't really mean it.

"They're doing some moonwalking," the mayor said Tuesday. "They act like they're moving forward, but they're actually moving backward."

Earlier this week, Jones recommended that Charleston City Council members slash $100,000 from the health department's budget for the upcoming year. The city normally distributes $200,000 a year to the health agency.

Jones also plans to ask the health department for a full accounting of how it spends the city's funds.

"We want to see the books," the mayor said. "We want to see where this money is going."

Last fall, Jones and Kanawha County Commission President Kent Carper suggested that the health department move from its current site across from the Charleston Civic Center. Local developers Kelsey and Angela Harding have expressed interest in buying the health department building and putting a hotel there.

Health board members say they support the move, but need more time. They've hired a consultant, Philip Angel, to identify possible sites - a decision that angered Jones and Carper.

"If they can afford a consultant, then maybe they have too much money," Jones said Tuesday.

Last month, Jones said he would not reappoint health board President Dr. Steven Artz when the physician's term expires June 30. Artz has served on the health board for more than 20 years.

Jones wants the health department to move to the third floor of the city-owned Morris Square building beside Appalachian Power Park. City Manager David Molgaard plans to tout that proposal during the health board's regular meeting Thursday afternoon.

Health board members have a list of six proposed sites for the move, and it doesn't include Morris Square. Board members say the former warehouse doesn't have adequate parking, and the third-floor space wouldn't be accessible to the public.

The health department provides everything from flu shots to exams.

Jones sent a city employee to the health department building on Lee Street to count parking spaces Tuesday afternoon. Health officials said the department needs 85 parking spots at its new location.

Jones said the department has only 20 parking spaces now.

Health department administrators said the agency has 59 spaces (20 at the front of the building and 39 behind). The department also leases another 25 spaces at the city-owned parking garage across the street.

"I'm not sure [Jones] has an understanding of all the good things the health department is doing," Isaac said. "I just don't know where this is coming from and why we can't work this out."

The health department expects to spend up to $6 million on the move.

Charleston council members will take a final vote on the proposed 2008-09 budget - which is expected to include the $100,000 health department funding cut - at 6 p.m. Thursday. The health board meeting starts at 4:30 p.m.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556
Registration date : 2007-12-28

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Danny Jones Out of Control Empty Re: Danny Jones Out of Control

Post by SamCogar Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:15 am

Maybe Jones wants that $100,000 to pass out in raises to important City employees.

Tuesday March 18, 2008
Manager asks county for $15,000 raise
by Matthew Thompson
Daily Mail staff
Kanawha County Manager Brent Pauley is asking the County Commission for a $15,549 merit raise.

Pauley said the increase would make his pay more competitive with people in similar local positions.

Currently, Pauley makes $94,451 a year. The pay raise would bump him up to $110,000

Pauley has been county manager since March 2005.

"It's a very challenging job and it takes a certain knack of skills to perform it," Pauley said. "When you look at my three-year tenure, we have accomplished a lot of things."

The commission plans to decide the issue during a Thursday meeting. If approved, the pay raise will take effect when the next fiscal year begins July 1.

County Commission President Kent Carper said he supports Pauley's request. Carper said Pauley has done good work for the county.

Carper said Pauley asked him about the raise during budget discussions two months ago. Carper asked him to provide a pay summary of people who work in similar positions in the county to establish comparisons.

"I have looked at his salary compared with the Clay Center, Charleston Area Alliance, City of Charleston and others in the area," Carper said. "I support this."

One of Pauley's counterparts, Charleston City Manager David Molgaard, makes about $125,000 a year.

Other pay comparisons included Yeager Airport Director Rick Atkinson, who makes $98,000, Kanawha County Library Director Alan Engelbert, who makes $95,000, and Charleston Area Alliance President Matt Ballard, who makes about $106,000.

http://www.dailymail.com/News/Kanawha/200803180197

And "WOW", the KC Library Director makes $95,000 per year.

That must sure be an important job.

Wonder what he does, .......... grade book reports maybe? geek geek geek

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:48 pm

Sam,

I got home a short time ago from a day in the city. I mulled this over quite a bit while Loyd played in Earth City etc. If I were a member of the KCHD board I would vote to stay put if at all possible.

If they need new space because their lease isn't renewed, or the space isn't adequate etc., I'd be looking for space outside of the city limits.

Somebody needs to stand up to this whackjob.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:03 pm

The only thing I'll say on this is the $100K Jones wants to hold out of their budget, he is not taking away. I read in the paper where he said they would put the money in escrow and once the HD moved, they would put it back in their budget.

My question is, if it's the KANAWHA COUNTY Health Department, why is the city of Charleston putting any money in their budget to begin with?
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:01 am

Aaron wrote:My question is, if it's the KANAWHA COUNTY Health Department, why is the city of Charleston putting any money in their budget to begin with?

DUH, just "check out" bout any School Board's, Town's, City's or County's ...... Budget Expense items ....... and you will surely find a few "illegal" such transfers and/or payments.

But no one really gives a shidt, ........ it is only taxpayer money. Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:36 am

Out of whose control, Stephanie?
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:19 am

Ziggy,

I believe he is over-stepping his authority as mayor. Or should the mayor of one city be able to micromanage a county agency?
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:04 pm

His "authority" as Mayor, in this instance, is limited to what the City Council decides to do as to his recommendation. If Council approves his request to withhold $100,000 of city $$$$$$ from the Health department, would the City Council, too, be "out of control"?

If the City Council refuses his recommendation, would he still be "out of control"?

It bugs me that folks often, finding themselves in disagreement with John. Q. Officeholder, claim that he/she is "Out of Control". Usually what this means is that said officeholders is just not under the control of the person making the charge.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:29 pm

ziggy wrote:His "authority" as Mayor, in this instance, is limited to what the City Council decides to do as to his recommendation. If Council approves his request to withhold $100,000 of city $$$$$$ from the Health department, would the City Council, too, be "out of control"?

If the City Council refuses his recommendation, would he still be "out of control"?

It bugs me that folks often, finding themselves in disagreement with John. Q. Officeholder, claim that he/she is "Out of Control". Usually what this means is that said officeholders is just not under the control of the person making the charge.

Yes, he is still out of control, Ziggy. The fact he has a City Council unwilling or unable to reign him in does nothing to alter that fact.

Tell me, what of value has Danny Jones done for that city? He's hired more cops, but are the streets any safer? Would Mrs. Ziggy be comfortable parking in the Town Center Mall garage after dark? Would you want your grandchildren there on a Saturday night?

He's acting like a despot. His attitude is, he wants the health department out now, and he wants them to go where he has told them to go. They aren't catering to his whims in a timely fashion and so now he's decided to launch a full scale attack on them.

The board of the Kanawha County Health Department has responsibilities to people other than the Mayor of Charleston and to citizens who reside in outside of the city limits. He's trying to bully them out of real estate he does not own for a private developer so he can generate more revenue to nonprofits as he sees fit. Give me a break.

He's trying to force that agency to sell its real estate and use all, or nearly all, of the proceeds to finance the move to rental space that doesn't meet the needs of the agency and the population it serves. This isn't the only reason I call him out of control. My opinion that Jones is out of control is based upon a number of factors which include, but are not limited to, his doubling the outrageous tax on nonresidents, his order to install tack strips on walls in a city park, and more.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:43 pm

Stephanie wrote:
ziggy wrote:His "authority" as Mayor, in this instance, is limited to what the City Council decides to do as to his recommendation. If Council approves his request to withhold $100,000 of city $$$$$$ from the Health department, would the City Council, too, be "out of control"?

Yes, he is still out of control, Ziggy. The fact he has a City Council unwilling or unable to reign him in does nothing to alter that fact.

So if he is "out of control", then whose control should he be within, but isn't?

Only if he said something like, "To hell with City Council. I'm going to run this town as I damn well please", and then proceeded to do so, would he be "out of control".

Btw, I do not want to see the city withhold $100,000 from the Health Department to force it to act on a matter not related to its charge as a health agency.

But I still have a problem with your "He's out of control" charge. Simply being "wrong" on an issue- or on several issues- does not mean that one is "out of control". It seems to me that Mayor Jones is very much in control- much to the chagrin of some people.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:02 pm

So your disagreement with me is my choice of words describing his behavior? I say he is out of control because he repeatedly oversteps his authority. The fact he gets away with it doesn't make him "in control".

I'll grant you this, he obviously is in control of the City Council.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:37 pm

How has he overstepped his authority? Is it overstepping to recommend to City Council that it do this or that?

Granted, the City Council may allow him more authority than you or I would like.

But if they allow him that authority, then he has not overstepped. He has simply exercised the authority allowed him.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:55 pm

Ziggy,

I don't think that is all there is to the matter. For example, the tax on nonresidents working in the city will likely face a court challenge at some point. Many believe if challenged it will be struck down, myself included. Also, your contention is he is advising the council, I don't see him as an advising anybody. He doesn't operate that way. He is a bully, he strong-arms people, the way he is attempting to strong-arm the health department now.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:42 pm

Stephanie wrote:Ziggy,

I don't think that is all there is to the matter. For example, the tax on nonresidents working in the city will likely face a court challenge at some point. Many believe if challenged it will be struck down, myself included.

News Flash, Stephanie. The Users Fee has already been challenged- and upheld. It was challenged by South Charleston resident Thornton Cooper, a lawyer who worked in Charletson, and who was charged the "User's Fee" via payroll deduction by his employer. He lost that case.

In summary, this Court affirms the decision of the circuit court insofar as it upheld the “user fee” as a fee and not a tax and concluded that the City of Charleston had the authority to enact such a fee under applicable State statutes.

http://www.state.wv.us/wvsca/Docs/Fall05/32612.htm .

Btw, Thornton Cooper is now a Democratic candidate for Congress.

Also, your contention is he is advising the council, I don't see him as an advising anybody. He doesn't operate that way. He is a bully, he strong-arms people, the way he is attempting to strong-arm the health department now.

Well, if you have evidence of that, let's see it. So far he has asked Council to withheld funds from the Health Department. If Council agrees to do that, then the City of Charleston, and not just Mayor Jones, will have "strong-armed" the Health Department.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:57 am

Stephanie wrote:Ziggy,

I don't think that is all there is to the matter. For example, the tax on nonresidents working in the city will likely face a court challenge at some point. Many believe if challenged it will be struck down, myself included. Also, your contention is he is advising the council, I don't see him as an advising anybody. He doesn't operate that way. He is a bully, he strong-arms people, the way he is attempting to strong-arm the health department now.

The Charleston user fee has already been challenged in court and upheld. If I'm not mistaken the WVSC decided not to hear the case. As a result, Huntington has since debated instituting a user fee.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:18 am

The WVSC not only heard the user fee case appeal, it affirmed the decision of the lower (Kanawah Co. Circuit Court) in upholding the user fee as constitutional.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:19 pm

Ziggy,

I thought I read recently someone was about to challenge the user fee. I didn't know it already had been.

This is a very, very busy w/e for me partly because of Easter, but now also with my daughter who is extremely upset about her classmate dying. I promise I'll read up on it next week and get back to you.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:25 am

Take care of your daughter, Stephanie. She needs you now.

The rest of us will be right here arguing forever. So drop in when it's convenient. That's the way the rest of us do it.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:27 am

The young lady was very viligant about always wearing her seatbelt and had been since her older brother was almost killed in an automobile accident a few years back. My second was very good friends with her and he said she wouldn't start the car until all had put on their seatbelts. Those that knew this young lady well can't figure out why she didn't have her's on. She will most certainly be missed.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:44 am

Thanks, Ziggy. My daughter and this girl were friendly acquaintances with some mutual friends. She keeps telling me how Sam was always happy and "full of life".
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri May 16, 2008 11:20 am

And the saga continues:

http://www.wvgazette.com/News/200805150734?page=1&build=cache
May 16, 2008
Health Department chief out
Executive director resigns, citing 'politics, personalities and pathos'
Frustrated with a political spat over moving the Kanawha-Charleston Health Department, the agency's executive director resigned Thursday.
By Eric Eyre
Staff writer

Frustrated with a political spat over moving the Kanawha-Charleston Health Department, the agency's executive director resigned Thursday.

Dr. Kerry Gateley, who was hired five years ago, declined to comment on his decision to step down, but he released a copy of his two-page resignation letter.

"The events of the past several months have gotten my attention and convinced me that I am not the right person to lead the Kanawha-Charleston Health Department," Gateley wrote.

"Charleston/Kanawha County's peculiar combination of politics, personalities and pathos requires someone with a different sense of priorities and propriety than I have."

For months, health board members have sparred with city and county officials over a proposal to move the Health Department to make way for a new downtown hotel. Gateley managed to avoid the fray, for the most part, but he was upset about the political pressure to move the agency's headquarters.

Gateley said he hasn't found a new job, but was looking for a health director's post "from Virginia to Washington State."

After a 30-minute closed-door session, health board members accepted Gateley's resignation "with regret" and announced they would search for an interim director.

"Dr. Gateley said it's not about money, and it's not about another job," said Brenda Isaac, a health board member. "He said it wasn't an atmosphere he wanted to work in."

Earlier during Thursday's meeting, board members tentatively approved moving the department to a former Morris Street warehouse beside Appalachian Power Park. The move is contingent upon the Health Department building being sold at a public auction. The board also has requested public comment.

Health department employees oppose the move to Morris Street, and they said Thursday they were disappointed their boss was leaving.

"I'm upset. I'm upset about everything," said Randi Neurman, a department sanitarian. "He's been a good director. What a mess."

Gateley predicted finding an interim director wouldn't be easy.
"I can't offer you much help because I am reluctant to recommend that a colleague step into such an unsettled situation," he said in his resignation letter. His last day will be July 10.

Charleston Mayor Danny Jones said it would not be difficult to find a new health department chief - either permanent or temporary.
"I know several doctors interested in the position," Jones said.

Last week, the mayor announced that he is replacing health board President Dr. Steven Artz with City Councilman Bobby Reishman when Artz's term expires June 30.

Jones alleged that Artz didn't want to sell the Health Department property.

Artz said Thursday that the proposed move to the Morris Street building was "fraught with problems." He abstained when fellow board members voted to support the move.

"Instead of focusing on moving forward, we're now forced to focus on moving to another facility," said Artz, who served 21 years as a health board member. "Whenever you allow political decisions to take priority over public health, or when you hold health funding hostage to political agendas, it's ultimately the people that suffer - the sickest, poorest and neediest."

Last month, Jones, who accused some health board members of stalling the proposed move, persuaded council members to slash by half the city's annual contribution to the Health Department, and place the other $100,000 in a contingency fund. The mayor also sent city Finance Director Joe Estep to examine the department's financial books.

Last year, Jones and Kanawha County Commission President Kent Carper suggested moving the department from its longtime home on Lee Street across from the Charleston Civic Center. Cross Lanes developers wanted to build a semi-upscale hotel on the site.
The developers later dropped the proposal, but Jones and other city officials continued to work to move the department's headquarters to the city-owned Morris Street warehouse.
On Thursday, health board members urged Gateley to stay and offered to boost his $163,000 salary.
But Gateley said his decision to step down was final, not a negotiating ploy, according to the resignation letter.
"He's done an outstanding job," Isaac said. "He moved the department forward. My biggest fear is staff will start looking for other positions."
Carper also urged Gateley not to resign.
"It's unfortunate," Carper said after the meeting. "They've had a history of people coming and going, and they've had difficulties in the past. Dr. Gateley did a very adequate job, and I would have preferred he stay."
Gateley was hired as the Health Department's executive director in 2003, replacing Dr. Donald Rosenberg, who served as interim director after former agency chief Dr. James Felsen was fired by the board.
Health board members gave no timetable for finding an interim director. "Sometimes when people give you lemons," said Isaac, "you're going to have to make lemonade."
To contact staff writer Eric Eyre, use e-mail or call 348-4869.

Dr. Kerry Gateley, who was hired five years ago, declined to comment on his decision to step down, but he released a copy of his two-page resignation letter.
"The events of the past several months have gotten my attention and convinced me that I am not the right person to lead the Kanawha-Charleston Health Department," Gateley wrote. "Charleston/Kanawha County's peculiar combination of politics, personalities and pathos requires someone with a different sense of priorities and propriety than I have."
For months, health board members have sparred with city and county officials over a proposal to move the Health Department to make way for a new downtown hotel. Gateley managed to avoid the fray, for the most part, but he was upset about the political pressure to move the agency's headquarters.
Gateley said he hasn't found a new job, but was looking for a health director's post "from Virginia to Washington State."
After a 30-minute closed-door session, health board members accepted Gateley's resignation "with regret" and announced they would search for an interim director.
"Dr. Gateley said it's not about money, and it's not about another job," said Brenda Isaac, a health board member. "He said it wasn't an atmosphere he wanted to work in."
Earlier during Thursday's meeting, board members tentatively approved moving the department to a former Morris Street warehouse beside Appalachian Power Park. The move is contingent upon the Health Department building being sold at a public auction. The board also has requested public comment.
Health department employees oppose the move to Morris Street, and they said Thursday they were disappointed their boss was leaving.
"I'm upset. I'm upset about everything," said Randi Neurman, a department sanitarian. "He's been a good director. What a mess."
Gateley predicted finding an interim director wouldn't be easy.
"I can't offer you much help because I am reluctant to recommend that a colleague step into such an unsettled situation," he said in his resignation letter. His last day will be July 10.
Charleston Mayor Danny Jones said it would not be difficult to find a new health department chief - either permanent or temporary.
"I know several doctors interested in the position," Jones said.
Last week, the mayor announced that he is replacing health board President Dr. Steven Artz with City Councilman Bobby Reishman when Artz's term expires June 30.

Jones alleged that Artz didn't want to sell the Health Department property.

Artz said Thursday that the proposed move to the Morris Street building was "fraught with problems." He abstained when fellow board members voted to support the move.
"Instead of focusing on moving forward, we're now forced to focus on moving to another facility," said Artz, who served 21 years as a health board member. "Whenever you allow political decisions to take priority over public health, or when you hold health funding hostage to political agendas, it's ultimately the people that suffer - the sickest, poorest and neediest."

Last month, Jones, who accused some health board members of stalling the proposed move, persuaded council members to slash by half the city's annual contribution to the Health Department, and place the other $100,000 in a contingency fund. The mayor also sent city Finance Director Joe Estep to examine the department's financial books.

Last year, Jones and Kanawha County Commission President Kent Carper suggested moving the department from its longtime home on Lee Street across from the Charleston Civic Center. Cross Lanes developers wanted to build a semi-upscale hotel on the site.
The developers later dropped the proposal, but Jones and other city officials continued to work to move the department's headquarters to the city-owned Morris Street warehouse.

On Thursday, health board members urged Gateley to stay and offered to boost his $163,000 salary.

But Gateley said his decision to step down was final, not a negotiating ploy, according to the resignation letter.
"He's done an outstanding job," Isaac said. "He moved the department forward. My biggest fear is staff will start looking for other positions."

Carper also urged Gateley not to resign.

"It's unfortunate," Carper said after the meeting. "They've had a history of people coming and going, and they've had difficulties in the past. Dr. Gateley did a very adequate job, and I would have preferred he stay."

Gateley was hired as the Health Department's executive director in 2003, replacing Dr. Donald Rosenberg, who served as interim director after former agency chief Dr. James Felsen was fired by the board.
Health board members gave no timetable for finding an interim director. "Sometimes when people give you lemons," said Isaac, "you're going to have to make lemonade."

To contact staff writer Eric Eyre, use e-mail or call 348-4869.

Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri May 16, 2008 11:22 am

Oh........darn I meant to add this in there somewhere......

Last night during its 11:00pm broadcast, channel 3 news quoted Danny Jones as saying if the board appoints Artz as interim dirctor, he will withhold all of their funds.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri May 16, 2008 12:15 pm

I think the citizens of Charleston need to re-think their mayoral choice.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Fri May 16, 2008 1:07 pm

Aaron wrote:I think the citizens of Charleston need to re-think their mayoral choice.

Thay have, a couple times already. Most recently about a year ago, I think it was. And they stayed with Jones. That's the American way, ain't it?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri May 16, 2008 1:24 pm

Yes is is. And so is removing our leaders for failure to carry out the duties of their duly elected office. Withholding legally apportioned funds becasue an agency won't bend to your dictorial rule is reason enough for the city council to begin the impeachment process against Mr. Jones, don't you agree Frank!!!
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next