WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PATH applications withdrawn

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

PATH applications withdrawn - Page 2 Empty Re: PATH applications withdrawn

Post by Aaron Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:36 am

ziggy wrote:There has been a focus on Marcellus shale drilling in West Virginia since about 2006. There are several hundred Marcellus wells in production in WV now.

Will existing wells have to pay the higher fees?
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

PATH applications withdrawn - Page 2 Empty Re: PATH applications withdrawn

Post by ziggy Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:48 pm

I would not think so. The fees for new wellls are what they are at the time the pernit is applied for- whether in 2006, 2011, or 2015. If higher well permit fees are approved by the legislature, they will apply to wells permitted henceforth, but not retroactively. Gas well permit applications today require a fee of about $ 600, as I recall- the same as for many, many years. The various Marcellus bills at the legislature this year would have these fees increase up to between $6,000 and $16,000- depending on the origin of the bills. I figure by the time the session is over (10 days away now) those fees will be about $6,000. But of course if nothing new happens, they'll still be at $ 600. But DEP wants more $$$$ from those fees to hire more well inspectors.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2