WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No one is born a pedophile

Go down

No one is born a pedophile Empty No one is born a pedophile

Post by SamCogar Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:24 am

At least there is one (1) intelligent psychiatrist out there, which I wasn't sure there was one before reading this, to wit:

I have treated many people with sexual disorders, including pedophilia. Not one of them was without extremely significant childhood trauma. I defy any mental health professional to introduce me to a pedophile whose early life experiences did not include inappropriate boundary crossings and failure of empathy by adults around that person—whether sexually violent or otherwise humiliating.

Pedophiles, while worthy of pity because they are in fact sick, aren’t born, in my opinion. They are made by traumatic life experiences. Moreover, even once they are created, many resist their impulses because they understand what should be—but is not—obvious to all of them: Forcing oneself on a child, through assault or coercion, is morally abhorrent and illegal.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/11/28/no-one-is-born-pedophile/?intcmp=features

Dr. Keith Ablow is a psychiatrist and member of the Fox News Medical A-Team. Dr. Ablow can be reached at info@keithablow.com

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down