WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are those marijuana “sniffer” dogs any good at their job?

4 posters

Go down

Are those marijuana “sniffer” dogs any good at their job? Empty Are those marijuana “sniffer” dogs any good at their job?

Post by SamCogar Tue May 27, 2008 4:50 am

YES, just as long as their handler points out which bag has the wacky tobacco in it.

An unsuspecting passenger who flew through Tokyo's Narita airport left with $10,000 worth of free marijuana thanks to a forgetful customs officer and a sniffer dog with an unreliable nose.

The officer stuffed five ounces of the drug into the side pocket of a randomly selected black suitcase coming off an overseas flight into Narita yesterday so that the dog could get some practice at detecting drugs.

"The dog couldn’t find it and the officer also forgot which bag he put it in," a customs office spokeswoman said. "If by some chance passengers find it in their suitcase, we’re asking them to return it."

The spokeswoman quoted the unnamed 38-year-old officer as saying: "I knew that using passengers’ bags is prohibited, but I did it because I wanted to improve the sniffer dog’s ability."

He was reprimanded by the head of customs at Narita, Manpei Tanaka, who said: "This case was extremely regrettable. I would like to deeply apologize."

The marijuana, which has a street value of $9,680, was in a metal box wrapped with newspapers. Japan strictly prohibits both hard and soft drugs, with people imprisoned for possession of even small amounts of marijuana.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,358181,00.html

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Are those marijuana “sniffer” dogs any good at their job? Empty Re: Are those marijuana “sniffer” dogs any good at their job?

Post by stinkyj Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:11 pm

uh oh, bad math alert. i love it when police and media try and "estimate" the street value of drugs. it's like they get paid by the total value of drugs they find or something, cuz the numbers are always way overinflated.

1 ounce of average homegrown herb = $225.
10 ounces x $225 = $2,250.

and that's still sounds high to me (no pun intended). $968 an ounce? that's just....retarded. faux news strikes again!
stinkyj
stinkyj

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Back to top Go down

Are those marijuana “sniffer” dogs any good at their job? Empty Re: Are those marijuana “sniffer” dogs any good at their job?

Post by Stephanie Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:26 am

Try doubling that figure. The genius put 5 oz of weed in the bag, not 10.

We're always amazed when we hear the alleged "street value" of pot seized in busts.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shermangeneral Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:03 am

The only thing that compares to the inflated "street value" of siezed drugs is the inflated number of jobs a new business is supposed to be bringing.

And how much payroll is supposed to "spin-off" from those jobs.

shermangeneral

Number of posts : 1347
Registration date : 2007-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:11 am

shermangeneral wrote:The only thing that compares to the inflated "street value" of siezed drugs is the inflated number of jobs a new business is supposed to be bringing.

And how much payroll is supposed to "spin-off" from those jobs.

Ah, you are losing it! Too much time on the road? Too many years gone by? lol

You're forgetting Sam & Aaron's inflated egos!!!! Are those marijuana “sniffer” dogs any good at their job? 33948
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:29 am

stinkyj wrote:uh oh, bad math alert. i love it when police and media try and "estimate" the street value of drugs. it's like they get paid by the total value of drugs they find or something, cuz the numbers are always way overinflated.

and that's still sounds high to me (no pun intended). $968 an ounce? that's just....retarded. faux news strikes again!

Surely it can't be $225/oz. here in WV, ...... can it?

How many cigarettes will 1 oz. roll?

But now $968/oz. in Japan, .... I can believe that quicker than I can believe $225/oz. here in WV.

The co$t of gettiing caught 'doing business' in Japan is one hell of a lot higher than here in the US. geek geek

Japan strictly prohibits both hard and soft drugs, with people imprisoned for possession of even small amounts of marijuana.

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by stinkyj Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:52 pm

SamCogar wrote:
stinkyj wrote:uh oh, bad math alert. i love it when police and media try and "estimate" the street value of drugs. it's like they get paid by the total value of drugs they find or something, cuz the numbers are always way overinflated.

Surely it can't be $225/oz. here in WV, ...... can it?

How many cigarettes will 1 oz. roll?

But now $968/oz. in Japan, .... I can believe that quicker than I can believe $225/oz. here in WV.

The co$t of gettiing caught 'doing business' in Japan is one hell of a lot higher than here in the US. geek geek

Japan strictly prohibits both hard and soft drugs, with people imprisoned for possession of even small amounts of marijuana.

i said i felt like that number ($225) was a little high. if it was being sold as quarters, then yeah, you could get $60 a quarter or so. the larger the quantity, the lower the price per unit. but still, it's not far off.

how many "cigarettes" per oz really depends on how one rolls, but as long as you're not rolling great big fatties it should be easy to get at least 10 to 13 out of a quarter, so maybe 40?

and i wouldn't doubt that the price is higher in japan - just not THAT high. marijuana is too easy to grow for it to be that hard to obtain. even if it was double the price it is here, the number still does not come close to the police/media estimate. northern japan is wooded and rural. i'd think that if you know the right people, pot would be relatively easy to find.
stinkyj
stinkyj

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:36 am

stinkyj wrote: even if it was double the price it is here, the number still does not come close to the police/media estimate.

Hyper, those "police/media estimate" are nothing more than pure BULLSHIDT ...... and if it was not a violation of "free speech" ....... they should be prohibited from "printing" such crap.

Such "e$timate$" only serve three (3) purposes, ....... two (2) of which are bad enough ........ but the 3rd one DAMN AWFUL BAD.

1. The Law Enforcement agencies "luv" to quote those multi-thou$and dollar figures for the sole purpose of PJE Propaganda. (Proof of Job Existance propaganda to bedazzle the public into thinking that they are actually accomplishing something associated with the prevention of criminal activity)

(And I can almost guarantee you that there will be at least one (1) said "News story", .... but seldom ever two (2) ........ during each marijuana growing season. Razz Razz )

2. The newspaper/TV media "luv" to quote those multi-thou$and dollar figures provided by Law Enforcement for the sole purpose of ..... "it sells". The media people know that such stories will intice the public into buying & reading their "paper" and/or tune in & listen to their broadcast.

3.The public disclosure of multi-thou$and dollar figures serve only to exacerbate the ILLEGAL ACTIVITY of ........ the growing and selling of marijuana.

Thus, if one (1) person is caught and reported doing it, ..... then said multi-thou$and dollar street value figure will most assuredly get 4 or 5+ other persons who are either desperately in need of money ...... or just wants to make some "easy money", ....... to seriously consider "raising a few marijuana plants" of their own.

And when one considers the number of teenagers and young adults in West Virginia that don't have any spending money, ..... no job, ....... and no prospects of getting a job, ......... the allure of "THOU$AND$" in easy-money ..... with "low risk" involved in obtaining said ........... is akin to "dangling a bone in front of the nose of a hungry dog".

cheers

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down