WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tim Ressert dead

+2
ohio county
Aaron
6 posters

Go down

Tim Ressert dead Empty Tim Ressert dead

Post by Aaron Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:20 pm

NBC's Tim Russert dies of apparent heart attack By DAVID ESPO, AP Special Correspondent
6 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Tim Russert, who pointedly but politely questioned hundreds of the powerful and influential as moderator of NBC's "Meet the Press," died Friday of an apparent heart attack. The network's Washington bureau chief was 58.

In addition to his weekly program, Russert made periodic appearances on the network's other news shows, was moderator for numerous political debates and wrote two best-selling boooks.

NBC interrupted its regular programming to announce Russert's death, and in the ensuing moments, familiar faces such as Tom Brokaw, Andrea Mitchell and Brian Williams took turns mourning his loss.

Williams called him "aggressively unfancy."

Russert, of Buffalo, N.Y., took the helm of the Sunday news show in December 1991 and turned it into the nation's most widely watched program of its type. His signature trait there was an unrelenting style of questioning that made some politicians reluctant to appear, yet confident that they could claim extra credibility if they survived his grilling intact.

He was also a senior vice president at NBC, and this year, Time Magazine named him one of the 100 most influential people in the world.

Russert had Buffalo's blue collar roots, a Jesuit education, a law degree and a Democratic pedigree that came from his turn as an aide to the late Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan of New York.

One of his books, "Big Russ and Me," was about his relationship with his father.

He was married to Moureen Orth, a writer for Vanity Fair Magazine. The couple had one son, Luke.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Tim Ressert dead Empty Re: Tim Ressert dead

Post by Aaron Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:22 pm

I thought he did as good a job as anyone of hiding his partisan side. 58 is much too young.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:23 pm

I thought Russert was about as close to an objective journalist as anybody working. Britt Hume might be more objective...
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:30 pm

I liked Russert. He could be easy sometimes, but tough too at other times- and I did not see any particular persistent political leanings in his sometimes easy but sometimes tough personna.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:07 pm

ziggy wrote:I liked Russert. He could be easy sometimes, but tough too at other times- and I did not see any particular persistent political leanings in his sometimes easy but sometimes tough personna.

He loved his father. I think that he had written a book about his father. His father survives him. He had just returned from Italy where he had taken his son, Luke, for a graduation gift trip. This will be a very sad Father's Day for the Russert family. My prayers and condolences to the family.
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:12 pm

ohio county wrote:I thought Russert was about as close to an objective journalist as anybody working. Britt Hume might be more objective...

Do you know I don't like any of them any more? I admit to missing Shep since giving up Fox News. He's entertaining.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:32 pm

His eyes are too far apart.
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:37 pm

ohio county wrote:His eyes are too far apart.

I said he was entertaining, I didn't say he was Adonis. Besides, eyes too far apart are better than eyes like a basset hound.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:04 pm

Stephanie wrote:
ohio county wrote:His eyes are too far apart.

I said he was entertaining, I didn't say he was Adonis. Besides, eyes too far apart are better than eyes like a basset hound.

Man, sometimes I really am a bitch. LOL

Sorry, but Brit Hume has that droopy sorta look. I should talk, like I'm some kinda beauty queen.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:48 am

Did Russsert, or did he ever, ..... smoke cigarettes?

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down