WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama not disclosing fundraising 'bundlers'

3 posters

Go down

Obama not disclosing fundraising 'bundlers' Empty Obama not disclosing fundraising 'bundlers'

Post by Keli Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:10 pm

Obama not keeping promise to fully disclose fundraising 'bundlers'(Obama, the Change Agent!)
KC Star ^ | 7/10/2008 | MICHAEL LUO and CHRISTOPHER DREW/NY Times

Barack Obama has long been among the most outspoken critics of the influence of money in politics.

Yet records show that in his presidential campaign, he has not lived up to his promise to fully disclose the identities of his top money-collectors who bundle millions of dollars in campaign contributions.

Since November, Obama had added just two new names to a list of more than 326 fundraisers who have bundled contributions of $50,000 or more for him, despite the campaign’s taking in more than $180 million during that time.

After receiving an inquiry from The New York Times, the campaign scrambled Thursday evening to update its list of bundlers, adding 185 names to it — a more than 50 percent jump — and increasing the amounts some were credited with raising.

With individual contributions limited to $2,300, bundlers fuel the fundraising of presidential campaigns by collecting piles of checks from wealthy acquaintances in a practice that critics say gives them excessive influence. While Obama has collected unprecedented amounts in small donations over the Internet, he also has a formidable high-dollar fundraising apparatus.

(Excerpt) Read more at primebuzz.kcstar.com ...

I wonder if these bundlers are Chinese dishwashers or sworn-to-poverty Buddhist monks from Hsi Lai Temple, LA, California?
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Obama not disclosing fundraising 'bundlers' Empty Re: Obama not disclosing fundraising 'bundlers'

Post by shermangeneral Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:53 am

Well Terri do you now support McCain-Feingold and other political fund raising and spending reforms?

(I do wish Obama had not reneged on accepting public financing but maybe I dont know the whole story again)

shermangeneral

Number of posts : 1347
Registration date : 2007-12-30

Back to top Go down

Obama not disclosing fundraising 'bundlers' Empty Re: Obama not disclosing fundraising 'bundlers'

Post by Keli Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:57 am

shermangeneral wrote:Well Terri do you now support McCain-Feingold and other political fund raising and spending reforms?

(I do wish Obama had not reneged on accepting public financing but maybe I dont know the whole story again)

I don't support violating the Freedom of Speech. McCain is going to be hung on his own petard and Feingold is going to laugh all the way to a Cabinet position in Obama administration.
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:51 am

shermangeneral wrote:Well Terri do you now support McCain-Feingold and other political fund raising and spending reforms?

He seen he could raise and spend more money privately then he would get from the government so he went back on his word which he emphatically and publicly agreed to on at least 2 occasions.

Whole story.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:55 am

Aaron wrote:

He seen he could raise and spend more money privately then he would get from the government so he went back on his word which he emphatically and publicly agreed to on at least 2 occasions.

Whole story.

Obama is not black and white--he is a chameleon!
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down