WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Map of California's Oil Rigs

+4
SheikBen
Stephanie
shermangeneral
SFCraig
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Map of California's Oil Rigs - Page 2 Empty Re: Map of California's Oil Rigs

Post by Stephanie Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:53 pm

Craig,

You seem to think I have some blind loyalty to this state and favor WV over California. That simply isn't true.

I have grown fond of WV, but it isn't home for me. I love Rhode Island, that is home. I could bore you to tears with how wonderful RI is, her history, people, geography, and contributions to this nation and the world at large. I'll try not to.

My problem is with people and special interest groups that are obstacles to making America a better, more secure place to live and raise a family. I see California as now being a very egotistical, self-indulgent obstacle.

When I say I have no idea why anyone would choose to live in California, I don't mean people who were born and raised there for that is there home, and I have a very clear understand of what that concept is....to love a place and to love the people of that place.

However, there is no single segment of this population I think deserves special treatment, or consideration, or rights. I don't think Rhode Islanders are more important than West Virginians or that Californians are less important than New Yorkers.

So when I see anyone posting about how the majority of Americans should be thankful for the contributions of a single state, I tend to get my britches in a snit. California hasn't contributed but a fraction to lengthy history of what has made this country so great. Quite the contrary, imho.

California worries about what is best for California and Californians. They aren't at all concerned they are contributing to the growing problems in this country by insisting they know not only what's best for them, but for the other 49 states. Nancy Pelosi's refusal to even place important pieces of legislation on the ballot because her constituents oppose it, is bad enough. To hear one of them proclaim her constituents are entitled to a greater say it what goes on in the rest of the nation because of at this particular point in history California's economy is larger than the economies of the other 49 states, strikes me as hubris beyond belief.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556
Registration date : 2007-12-28

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:31 am

shermangeneral wrote:Well Sam if a major earthquake would occur dont you believe oil rigs would be at risk?

And if the coast of California is devastated it will affect more than just wildlife.

How is it that petroleum--a natural substance that naturally seeps into the environment is somehow evil? SFCraig, do you own a car? Do you use electricity?
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:34 am

SFCraig wrote:http://www.sfgate.com/maps/oil/

Platform A
This oil platform was the site of one of the oil industry's biggest environmental disasters. A 1969 blowout at this rig spewed crude oil into the sea, coating or contaminating 30 miles of shoreline. The spill helped forge the modern environmental movement and led to state and federal moratoriums on new offshore drilling.

I'm just sayin'

What if those locations of oil rigs were to scale? Those pushpins are larger than Los Angeles.
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum