WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guess who's going to Bob Jones University?

4 posters

Go down

Guess who's going to Bob Jones University? Empty Guess who's going to Bob Jones University?

Post by Keli Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:59 am

January 17, 2008
Politico.com

No, not Mitt Romney, who has the support of Bob Jones III.

No, not John McCain, who has spent years courting the state's social conservative elite

No, not Mike Huckabee, who is relying on his fellow evangelicals to GOTV here.

Who is it?

Dr. Ron Paul.

Why?

Because he is the only candidate who doesn't care about the media blowback going to the controversial school would entail.
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Guess who's going to Bob Jones University? Empty Re: Guess who's going to Bob Jones University?

Post by TerryRC Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:13 am

The other reason I don't care to vote for him - he is one of the ultra-devout.

He manages to keep it out of his politics to a good extent but who knows how long that can last.

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Guess who's going to Bob Jones University? Empty Re: Guess who's going to Bob Jones University?

Post by ohio county Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:08 am

Who? Dr. Paul? I think this is beneath you.
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:33 am

TerryRC wrote:The other reason I don't care to vote for him - he is one of the ultra-devout.

He manages to keep it out of his politics to a good extent but who knows how long that can last.

Terry,

He's been involved in politics at the federal level for 30 years and for 30 years he has always kept his religion out of politics. Given all the pandering going on by some of the other candidates Dr. Paul recently had this to say:

"I have never been one who is comfortable talking about my faith in the political arena. In fact, the pandering that typically occurs in the election season I find to be distasteful. But for those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."
(The Covenant News, July 2007)

If you were to search for his writings and speeches where religion and politics are discussed, he has always maintained that the government cannot and should not force morality on people and that politicians should not use religion as a means of accomplishing what they want.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:31 am

Who? Dr. Paul? I think this is beneath you.

He makes no bones about wearing his religion on his sleeve. His plan to turn certain issues over to the states is, in my opinion, based upon his desire to bring laws in line with his morality and, not, as he says to bring them into line with the Constitution.

I'm sorry if you think this beneath me, but I call them like I see them.

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down