WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIME/CNN Poll: McCain up Four Points in W.Va.

3 posters

Go down

TIME/CNN Poll: McCain up Four Points in W.Va. Empty TIME/CNN Poll: McCain up Four Points in W.Va.

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:29 am

TIME/CNN Poll: McCain up Four Points in W.Va.
WSAZ ^ | 9/26/2008 | Scott Saxton

A new poll out from TIME/CNN Wednesday night shows Republican presidential candidate John McCain with a 50% to 46% lead over Democratic Presidential Candidate Barack Obama in West Virginia.

It's the first time TIME/CNN polled West Virginia. The cable channel lists the state as "Leaning McCain."

CNN's poll findings include a 2 to 1 lead among Independent voters for McCain in West Virginia. According to the poll, Obama leads among self-identified moderate voters. Obama also has a three point advantage among female voters in West Virginia, according to the results.

The survey of likely voters took place the past few days.

More like 14%--I smell a poll cat.
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

TIME/CNN Poll: McCain up Four Points in W.Va. Empty Re: TIME/CNN Poll: McCain up Four Points in W.Va.

Post by sodbuster Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:46 am

Well Terri I was a little surprised at that too.

But they keep saying Obama is gonna put some money in here.

I know the coal ass. guys are really uncomfortable with McCain.

He is proposing to build 100 nuclear power plants and phase out coal plants.

Normally you would expect McCain to carry Jackson County 2-1 but lots of people are concerned he will nix the two new plants proposed for this area.

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

TIME/CNN Poll: McCain up Four Points in W.Va. Empty Re: TIME/CNN Poll: McCain up Four Points in W.Va.

Post by Aaron Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 am

The two new plants in that area have pretty much been nixed by environmental groups.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:58 am

Aaron wrote:The two new plants in that area have pretty much been nixed by environmental groups.
Well Aaron I respectfully suggest you re-check your facts.

The holdup of the New Haven plant is the Virginia Public Utilities Comm.

They dont want Virginia customers to help foot the bill.

Even though they will benefit from the power.

It is not "environmentalists" holding it up.

They dont have that much clout.

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:02 am

The Sahara group has filed or is ready to file (I'll have to find the press release) suit on the Meigs plant in Columbus and is has the same suit ready for New Haven when it gets approval.

Environmentalist like The Sahara Group have been holding the rest of us hostage by filing terroristic suits against nuclear power and refineries for 30+ years. Do you think coal will be any different?
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down