WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dems to "rescue" taxpayers

+2
Keli
sodbuster
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

dems to "rescue" taxpayers - Page 2 Empty Re: dems to "rescue" taxpayers

Post by sodbuster Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:09 am

"Whatever harm they do, they'll just blame on Bush. The question that remains is whether it will take 2 years or 4 for the American people to call them out on it."

Well Mike I am so sick of republicans blaming Bill Clinton for everything that goes awry even eight years after their own party took over I will make you a promise ok.

I will not blame everything on Pres. Bush after Pres. Obama has been in office 6 months.

Because being on the other side of it I can see how stupid and unfair it is.

Heck Stephanie still insists Bill Clinton is responsible for the current financial meltdown.

So just for the record I will not do that.

If Obama is elected, far as I'm concerned he's responsible after 6 months or so.

Maybe even less.

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:11 am

So when we're STILL in Iraq on July 1, 2009 with full combat troops, it won't be Bush's fault, but Obama's.

Is that what you're saying Sherm?
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:28 am

Yes. Unless it is clear they are being pulled out quickly and in an orderly way.

But it will have to be clearly underway.

(which I doubt it will be).

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:52 am

But what if it isn't prudent to pull troops out? What if, after the Obama coronation, Iran and Muqtada al Sadr decide to ratchet up the attacks and begin systematically attacking oil wells and the oil fields, and start taking hostile actions towards other nations such as the UAE, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Qatar (and other Sunni led governments) threatening civil war on Sunni’s, do you still believe America should pull out and leave the Middle East in that much unrest?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:09 am

Well now Aaron you know we cant predict the future.

You can always come up with some scenario wherein you would have to adjust plans.

I guess I should of used the old cya of "barring unforeseen circumstances," huh?

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:22 am

So you're saying, that "barring unforeseen circumstances," if we are still in Iraq on July 1, 2009 then it's Obama's baby, huh Sherm?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:23 am

Yes. That's what I am saying.

And I suspect that will be the case.

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:48 am

First, logistically speaking, it would be difficult to move 130,000/15 brigades out of Iraq in a year and half and you want to do it in 6 months. That's likely not possible.

In addition to the logistical nightmares, the fact that you would leave Iraqi's cold turkey without no support would mean the last 7 years was for nothing. I'm not one of those that believe that a clear cut victory in Iraq is possible simply because I don't think it's that easy to "win" the war on terror. But a clear cut defeat is possible and an extraction of ALL of our troops in 6 months would pretty much guarantee that.

In addition, it would send Oil prices up near the $200.00/barrel price range, if not higher so Obama wouldn't have any problem installing his windfall tax that he so desperately desires.

And in the end, us being in Iraq thus the "blame" of any subsequent actions involving Iraq is still going to be GWB's fault.

All Obama would be responsible for us our unconditional surrender, increased terror threats and higher taxes. He doesn't need GWB's help to accomplish any of those. I'm sure he can do all of that on his own.

What I’m saying is that President’s should answer for their actions. LBJ is responsible for committing the US to the police action in Vietnam even though he didn’t send in the first troops. Ronald Reagan is responsible for ending the cold war even though it didn’t happen on his watch. GWB will be responsible for Iraq no matter what happens and like it or not, Bill Clinton plays a very pivotal role in our economic conditions we are facing right now, regardless of the propaganda put out by sister Nan and dingy Harry.

At least that’s the way I see it.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2