WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Democrats Should Fear the 'Bradley Effect'

3 posters

Go down

Democrats Should Fear the 'Bradley Effect' Empty Democrats Should Fear the 'Bradley Effect'

Post by Keli Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:30 am

Democrats Should Fear the 'Brady Effect'
American Thinker ^ | October 29, 2008 | Brad O'Leary

As legions of Barack Obama's supporters (both inside and outside the mainstream media) wait with giddy anticipation to celebrate victory on November 5, they can't seem to block creeping doubt from their minds. What if the outcome doesn't all fall neatly into place like their polls project? How can such a scenario be explained?

Their answer is an old canard: Latent racism in America. Liberals can't fathom voters not supporting their candidate because of something so trivial as policy positions. As they see it, only a bigot would vote against an African-American Democrat.

Thus, in preparation for a potential Obama loss, Democrats have dusted-off the old "Bradley Effect" charge, which originated when African-American Tom Bradley lost the California gubernatorial race to George Deukmejian in 1982. Polls had shown a small, though somewhat consistent, lead for Bradley up until Election Day. Nevertheless, Bradley lost a close election and Democrats have been crying "racism" ever since.

(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...

Last edited by Keli on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Democrats Should Fear the 'Bradley Effect' Empty Re: Democrats Should Fear the 'Bradley Effect'

Post by sodbuster Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:58 am

Well Terri I guess that could be true.

But I have run into more than one racially prejudiced person like the guy I was talking to yesterday about Obama.

He said he would have never thought he would vote for a black guy for President (black guy was not his term).

But even a black guy would have to be better than Bush and McCain would just be 4 more years of Bush.

And that woman he picked is "no more qualified than I am."

So I could be wrong but I think yall guys counting on the Bradley effect are underestimating the degree of frustration most people have for Pres. Bush.

They are ready for change.

And Hope. Very Happy

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Democrats Should Fear the 'Bradley Effect' Empty Re: Democrats Should Fear the 'Bradley Effect'

Post by Aaron Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:26 am

Perhaps you can explain what that change is going to be because when I visit his web site, all I see are recycled Clinton policies and typical liberal Reid/Pelosi policies.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:01 am

Aaron wrote:Perhaps you can explain what that change is going to be because when I visit his web site, all I see are recycled Clinton policies and typical liberal Reid/Pelosi policies.

All I see is Marxist/Leninism in black face.
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down