WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chalk up another one for the good guys

5 posters

Go down

Chalk up another one for the good guys Empty Chalk up another one for the good guys

Post by bmd Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:04 pm

Democrat Merkley takes Oregon Senate seat
bmd
bmd

Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2008-10-11

http://www.venganza.org/

Back to top Go down

Chalk up another one for the good guys Empty Re: Chalk up another one for the good guys

Post by Aaron Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:42 pm

So if democrats are the good guys, does that make Republicans the bad guys William?

At any rate, both Minnesota and Alaska will like stay in the bad guys camp so the wicked ones will keep the justice league from invoking cloture and running roughshod over the Senate.

Darn them waskly wabbits anywho.

Chalk up another one for the good guys 33948 Chalk up another one for the good guys 33948 Chalk up another one for the good guys 33948
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Chalk up another one for the good guys Empty Re: Chalk up another one for the good guys

Post by bmd Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:53 pm

Aaron wrote:So if democrats are the good guys, does that make Republicans the bad guys[?]

Yup.

Aaron wrote:... Minnesota and Alaska will like[ly] stay in the bad guys camp so the wicked ones will keep the justice league from invoking cloture and running roughshod over the Senate.

We'll see. If Chambliss looses the runoff in Georgia, OR Franken prevails in the Minnesota recount (either a VERY possible scenario), then the Democrats will have 58 seats, 60 if you include the two "Independents".

BTW
Remember when elections actually ended on election night?
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:58 pm

Harry Reid also counts McCain as a reliable vote for cloture.
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:02 pm

bmd wrote:
Aaron wrote:So if democrats are the good guys, does that make Republicans the bad guys[?]

Yup.

That speaks more about you then anything else William.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by bmd Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:58 pm

Aaron wrote:
bmd wrote:

Yup.

That speaks more about you then anything else William.

Oh, I don't think that individually all Republicans are bad. But, like teenagers, when they get together in a group, without adult supervision, their behavior usually dramatically deteriorates. Take John McCain, as an example. I think that as an individual he is probably not all that bad a person --- he certainly was far from the worst of the GOP before he decided to cozy up to Bush. But, for the past few years McCain tried to be part of the group (the true believers, the Kool-aid drinkers of the GOP). And, just like a teenager, when peer-pressure takes hold...

To his credit, when the pressure was removed, McCain gave one hell of a speech Tuesday night. I think that in many ways it was a better speech than Obama's. Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that Obama will make a far better president than McCain ever would; but, when he isn't trying to impress is fellow Republicans, McCain can be O.K.
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:11 pm

...when he isn't trying to impress is fellow Republicans, McCain can be O.K.

Well, duh, that's because he's so willing to cross the aisle and pander to you.
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:40 pm

If you think the bread and butter of the far left is any better then the bread and butter of the far right, then I do believe you're showing your ignorance William.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by bmd Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:40 pm

YIKES!!! This could go on for a while.

The first step, a recount, is automatic given the narrow lead that Coleman has at the moment. But, after that.......................
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:14 pm

Well maybe the Senators of good will can get togethor like they did before and kind of neutralize the rightwing idealogues.

It wouldn't take that many.

Just work something out and give them a bridge, get their brother-in-law a job, etc. it wouldn't take that much.

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:39 am

bmd wrote:YIKES!!! This could go on for a while.

The first step, a recount, is automatic given the narrow lead that Coleman has at the moment. But, after that.......................

As it should.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:39 am

sodbuster wrote:Well maybe the Senators of good will can get togethor like they did before and kind of neutralize the rightwing idealogues.

It wouldn't take that many.

Just work something out and give them a bridge, get their brother-in-law a job, etc. it wouldn't take that much.

What are you talking about Sherman?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:17 pm

bmd,

It's good to see you're letting your freak flag fly now that Obama's president elect. Drop another hit of acid and be happy and stop worrying about all of us nasty conservatives. I had the sneaking suspicion you were a Deadhead within a couple of days of "meeting" you.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bmd Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:34 pm

Stephanie wrote:bmd,

It's good to see you're letting your freak flag fly now that Obama's president elect. Drop another hit of acid and be happy and stop worrying about all of us nasty conservatives. I had the sneaking suspicion you were a Deadhead within a couple of days of "meeting" you.

Who are the Grateful Dead? And why did they follow me all of the country for all those years?

(Actually, I'm not all that much of a Deadhead -- although my wife and I did see them once at the Polo Fields in GG Park. I was just trying to pick out "Teddybear Picnic" on my guitar for my daughter the other day and wound up printing out a couple of the "dancing bears" pics for her room.)
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:00 am

takes one to know one...

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:56 pm

lol

Not always. I'm married to one.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down