WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lack of $ to Dems may hurt Caroline Kennedy's Senate bid

+4
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
ziggy
sodbuster
Keli
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lack of $ to Dems may hurt Caroline Kennedy's Senate bid Empty Lack of $ to Dems may hurt Caroline Kennedy's Senate bid

Post by Keli Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:32 pm

Lack of donations to Dems may hurt Caroline Kennedy's bid for Senate[/list]
NY Daily News ^ | 12/26/08 | MICHAEL SAUL
DAILY NEWS POLITICAL CORRESPONDENT

This decade, other than a $1,000 donation to City Council Speaker Christine Quinn, the Camelot heiress has not financially supported any Democrat seeking city or state office in New York, records reveal.

Some say Kennedy, who is worth at least $100 million, missed an opportunity to curry favor among Democratic pols to establish herself as a serious political player as she lobbies Gov. Paterson for Hillary Clinton's Senate seat.

She has already been asked to explain a spotty Election Day voting record over the past 20 years.

"Voting is the minimum thing that you can do, and she hasn't done that. The next thing you can do is you could donate money, and she hasn't done that," said Doug Muzzio, professor of public affairs at Baruch College.

"It calls into question her commitment to politics and to government."

(Excerpt) Read more at nydailynews.com ...

Yeah...but HOW MUCH is she willing to PAY to PLAY now---it could be millions! Listen! How can this country make it without a horse-faced buck-toothed Kennedy in the Congress? Remember Teddy has C!(I don't think that Patrick is a K.)
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Lack of $ to Dems may hurt Caroline Kennedy's Senate bid Empty Re: Lack of $ to Dems may hurt Caroline Kennedy's Senate bid

Post by sodbuster Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:46 pm

"How can this country make it without a horse-faced buck-toothed Kennedy in the Congress? "

No offense Terry, but you are better than that.

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Lack of $ to Dems may hurt Caroline Kennedy's Senate bid Empty Re: Lack of $ to Dems may hurt Caroline Kennedy's Senate bid

Post by ziggy Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:48 pm

This decade, other than a $1,000 donation to City Council Speaker Christine Quinn, the Camelot heiress has not financially supported any Democrat seeking city or state office in New York, records reveal.

So demanding even more money to be put into political campaigns is the answer?
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:50 pm

sodbuster wrote:"How can this country make it without a horse-faced buck-toothed Kennedy in the Congress? "

I used to think so too, Sodbuster. But more recently I am not so sure about it.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:57 pm

ziggy wrote:
sodbuster wrote:"How can this country make it without a horse-faced buck-toothed Kennedy in the Congress? "

I used to think so too, Sodbuster. But more recently I am not so sure about it.

Remember, guys..she hasn't waved the bloody shirt yet--so, there's hope for Kennedy-Schossberg yet! (Plus, she promised her mother Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis that she would not be politically active while she was yet alive.)
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:23 pm

How is this any different then the disprespect both of you have shown for the President of the United States!!!

Other then political affiliation that is!!!
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:41 pm

Wait until Teddy comes out with blood soaked head bandage and pleads for his Goddaughter's coronation...this is going to be rich. I wonder if Mary Jo Kopechne's family has been contacted for comment?
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:45 pm

I think that the Kennedy's are cursed--to the "second and third generation." She is the third generation. Do we want to watch another Kennedy you-know-what? (Listen, as a former sufferer, I think that the poor girl is anorexic.) What about her son? John-John-John Kennedy-Schlossberg?
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:58 pm

Aaron wrote:How is this any different then the disprespect both of you have shown for the President of the United States!!!

Other then political affiliation that is!!!

I have shown "disrespect" of several presidents- regardless of political affiliation. But I never called even Lyndon Johnson a "horse-faced buck-toothed" anything- although he was a horse's ass.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:05 pm

TH's comments, while distasteful, are no worse then any you've made about numerous Presidents. Seems to me that in addition to the “If my enemy is your enemy you are my friend" philosophy, you also practice the “Do as I say, not as I do” philosophy.

I shouldn't be suprised given your "my side can do no wrong, the oppositon can do no right" aspect you've displayed over the past two years I've been conversing with you. Given that an old dog don't learn new tricks, I'd say you've been that way all your life.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:11 pm

And if Caroline becomes president / commander-in-chief, and pulls an Iraq or a Vietnam, I'll call her a goddamned liar too. But as she is a private citizen and commands nothing, Keli's rath upon her is premature and gratituous.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:26 pm

I need my waders as the shit is getting deep.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:36 pm

Aaron wrote:I need my waders as the shit is getting deep.

Too late for boots or even waders, Aaron. Methinks Zig and Sod doth protest too much!

Lack of $ to Dems may hurt Caroline Kennedy's Senate bid BS-Meter

We have a president-elect that you cannot criticize without being called a racist. Now they want us to have a Senator who can wave the bloody shirt for her father and uncle--and remind us that her other uncle that has brain cancer had to live with the fact that he killed a woman to cover up her pregnancy and the scandal that would have ensued. PALEASE!
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:49 pm

I shouldn't be suprised given your "my side can do no wrong, the oppositon can do no right" aspect you've displayed over the past two years I've been conversing with you.

If you have been able to figure out what "my side" is, and what "the opposition" side is, then you are a better psychic than I am- because, in terms of "sides", I haven't figured it out yet.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:56 pm

More BS Ziggy.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:17 pm

Aaron wrote:More BS Ziggy.

I am reminded of that great philosopheress what's her name- oh yeah here it is:

Aaron,

I have to hand it to you.

When you decide to shovel shit......you shovel a ton.

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com/post.forum?mode=quote&p=22037
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:25 pm

Unless you're putting on a big act, and for some reason, I don't think so as it would be too hard and eventually you'd slip up and reveal the truth, you're not that hard to figure out Ziggy.

So my question for you is, why are you so afraid of admitting to what you clearly are?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:27 pm

Huh? That does not compute.

All I did was disagree with Sherm when he said that Keli was "better than that". If Keli were "better than that", he would do "better than that". So tell us then, if it's all so clear to you, what does that make me?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:36 pm

All you did was show your hypocritical nature and your thinking that you are better then others.

Again.

It's something you do quite often.

I would have thought you would have surely fallen off that high horse by now.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:59 am

I am not better than anyone else.

Some of us are better at some things than others are. Some of us are worse at some things than others are.

But on balance there is usually not much difference between the worst of us and the best us us.

We are all just what we are- warts and all. If that is some kind of "high horse"- then, well, whatever.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:40 am

Look, Caroline's mother was beautiful. Her brother was a sexy little beast. She is pretty darn ugly. You think the Reverend is bad? You'd think me much worse. Last night I brought my husband to tears when the news again focused on Princess Caroline and he made a comment about how ugly she is and his father said he thinks she is "cute".

"Cute? You think she's cute?" I exclaimed. "She looks like a cross between an aardvark and a horse!" I thought my dh was going to wet his pants he laughed so hard. Even pops had to laugh at that.

Let's put aside her physical appearance and her geneology. Just what experience and accomplishments does this woman have that the Governor of NY should even give her a second glance for that Senate seat? This woman seems to think she is entitled to that seat simply because she is an almighty Kennedy.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:22 am

Well she certainly seems to be a late bloomer so far as her interest in politics.

However that is understandable, considering the history.

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:35 pm

If the seat isn't handed to her on a silver platter, she's not willing to go out, raise money and/or spend hers campaigning for it. I wouldn't want a Senator that's not willing to campaign against someone else.

Caroline Kennedy made a little more news on NY1 tonight, telling host Dominic Carter that she finally spoke to Hillary Clinton -- who didn't initially take her call -- and that, if she's not selected, she won't run for the seat.

source
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:00 pm

Stephanie wrote:Look, Caroline's mother was beautiful. Her brother was a sexy little beast. She is pretty darn ugly.

Ugly, like "sexy" and "beautiful", is in the eye of the beholder.

You think the Reverend is bad? You'd think me much worse.

Neither Sodbuster nor anyone else that I know of is contending that you are better than you show yourself to be- as Sodbuster said about Keli. I don't think that either you or "the Reverend" are either "bad" or "good". Nor do I think that either of you are any better nor any worse than you show yourselves to be. Or, to paraphrase "the Reverend", bad is not what one is but what one does.

Last night I brought my husband to tears when the news again focused on Princess Caroline and he made a comment about how ugly she is and his father said he thinks she is "cute". "Cute? You think she's cute?" I exclaimed. "She looks like a cross between an aardvark and a horse!" I thought my dh was going to wet his pants he laughed so hard. Even pops had to laugh at that.

Let's put aside her physical appearance and her geneology.

OK. After all, who among us could pass the "horse-faced buck-toothed" and the "cross between an aardvark and a horse!" as well as the "sexy little beast" and "pretty darn ugly" and the geneology tests anyway?

Just what experience and accomplishments does this woman have that the Governor of NY should even give her a second glance for that Senate seat?

None, that I know of- though I don't know all that much about her. So why not stick with the experience and accomplishments issues and put aside the beautiful or sexy or ugly remarks that tell us more about the opiner than about the one opined about?

Last edited by ziggy on Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:06 pm

Noblesse oblige pure and simple. America's Royalty, humbug. Rum runners, skirt chasers, drunkards, and heroin users. New York deserves her.
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next