WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The real GWB

3 posters

Go down

The real GWB Empty The real GWB

Post by Aaron Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:01 pm

A really good read about the man George Bush.

Some interesting tidbits.

In sessions with policy experts, Bush tends to ask questions that get right to the nub of a sticky issue. His top aides speak regretfully about how the country never got to see that side of him, even after all this time. They describe a man who is deeply inquisitive, not blithely incurious as much of the world thinks.

The man from a land of cowboy boots orders proper dress in the White House. No jeans allowed in the West Wing. Coat and tie in the Oval Office.

"Orderliness in the process gave him confidence," said Peter Wehner, a former top Bush aide and now a senior fellow at the Ethics & Public Policy Center.

Bush can flash a temper and impatience. But if he takes criticism personally — and he gets lots of criticism — he tries not to show it.

When former press secretary Scott McClellan wrote a scathing book about Bush's leadership, the president told his senior aides to let it go.

"Find a way to forgive, because that's the way to lead your life," White House press secretary Dana Perino remembers Bush advising her.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

The real GWB Empty Re: The real GWB

Post by bmd Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:29 pm

Aaron wrote:A really good read about the man George Bush.

Some interesting tidbits.

In sessions with policy experts, Bush tends to ask questions that get right to the nub of a sticky issue. His top aides speak regretfully about how the country never got to see that side of him, even after all this time. They describe a man who is deeply inquisitive, not blithely incurious as much of the world thinks.

The man from a land of cowboy boots orders proper dress in the White House. No jeans allowed in the West Wing. Coat and tie in the Oval Office.

"Orderliness in the process gave him confidence," said Peter Wehner, a former top Bush aide and now a senior fellow at the Ethics & Public Policy Center.

Bush can flash a temper and impatience. But if he takes criticism personally — and he gets lots of criticism — he tries not to show it.

When former press secretary Scott McClellan wrote a scathing book about Bush's leadership, the president told his senior aides to let it go.

"Find a way to forgive, because that's the way to lead your life," White House press secretary Dana Perino remembers Bush advising her.

Sounds like a lot of spin to me. You can put lipstick on a pig, but that doesn't change what it is.
bmd
bmd

Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2008-10-11

http://www.venganza.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:32 pm

bmd wrote:You can put lipstick on a pig, but that doesn't change what it is.

How much lipstick have you tried, bm'd? Don't give up too quickly on yourself! May your faith in the Winter Solstice bless you as you seek to change.

Last edited by Keli on Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:34 pm

bmd wrote:
Sounds like a lot of spin to me. You can put lipstick on a pig, but that doesn't change what it is.

And that sounds like the sour grapes of a two time sore loser. When are you going to face the simple fact that the smarter, better man won in 2000 and 2004?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by bmd Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:45 pm

That he managed to win twice makes him neither smarter, nor better. Do you think that Nixon was better and smarter than either Humphrey or McGovern?
bmd
bmd

Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2008-10-11

http://www.venganza.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:13 pm

I didn't say he was smarter or better because he won. I base my statement on he is better because I saw who he defeated, two ultre elitist liberals that put their own agenda before that of their constituents and this country.

I base the fact that he is smarter on fact. Both he and Kerry graduated from Yale. His GPA was almost a full point higher. And on a compartative intelligence test for entrance into the military he and Kerry took, Bush scored higher. There's not much room for debate here.

So, if you take the average of Bush's percentile scores on the three composites most similar to the test Kerry took, Bush scored at the 67th percentile, a little better than Kerry's 50th percentile.

As for Gore, he was in the bottom 5th of his class two years running and would have been expelled had his father not been a United States Senator. As for his military entrance exams, he's never released them but he served as a copy boy for 5 months of a 12 month tour before coming home to attend divinity school.

The better, smarter man won both elections.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down