WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell the fat lady to start warming up!

+3
ziggy
Keli
bmd
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tell the fat lady to start warming up! Empty Tell the fat lady to start warming up!

Post by bmd Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:59 pm

It looks like the 2008 MN senatorial race may finally be coming to a merciful end.

Coleman's term as senator officially expired Saturday. Meanwhile, Franken pushed his lead in the recount above 220 as state and campaign officials counted the absentee ballots Saturday.
bmd
bmd

Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2008-10-11

http://www.venganza.org/

Back to top Go down

Tell the fat lady to start warming up! Empty Re: Tell the fat lady to start warming up!

Post by Keli Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:21 pm

Tell the fat lady to start warming up! VOTES
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Tell the fat lady to start warming up! Empty Re: Tell the fat lady to start warming up!

Post by Keli Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:24 pm

Tell the fat lady to start warming up! Franken4

Winning a Senate seat in MN--so easy even a moron can do it!
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:49 pm

Keli wrote:Tell the fat lady to start warming up! VOTES

Keli, what evidence is there that Stalin ever said any such thing?

It's not like he ever had to conduct an open election, or stand to be elected to anything, etc.

It's just another urban legend parroted by and for weak minded followers of other weak minded followers.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:02 pm

ziggy wrote:
Keli wrote:Tell the fat lady to start warming up! VOTES

Keli, what evidence is there that Stalin ever said any such thing?

It's not like he ever had to conduct an open election, or stand to be elected to anything, etc.

It's just another urban legend parroted by and for weak minded followers of other weak minded followers.

Moderator, I knew Joseph Stalin. Joseph Stalin was a friend of mine. Sir, you are no Joseph Stalin.
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:38 pm

Not even close BMD. There are still 1500 absentee ballots that haven't been counted that Coleman will challenge in court.

The canvassing board my certify Fruiten the winner but there will be an objection before he can ever be sworn in and democrats don't have enough votes to bring it to the floor for a full vote as to whether to seat Fruiten or not, thus neither will be seated until this is resovled in court.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by bmd Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:22 pm

Aaron wrote:Not even close BMD. There are still 1500 absentee ballots that haven't been counted that Coleman will challenge in court.

A believe that just about all of the absentee ballots have been counted now. Besides, what ever happened to letting the voters decide?

Aaron wrote:The canvassing board my certify Fruiten the winner but there will be an objection before he can ever be sworn in and democrats don't have enough votes to bring it to the floor for a full vote as to whether to seat Fruiten or not, thus neither will be seated until this is resovled in court.

1) You never did answer my question as to why you feel it necessary to change the names of people, places, etc. Or, is this just your way of overcompensating for some sort of deficiency on your part?

2) So now you think that the GOP, rather than the voters of Minnesota, should decide who represents that state? How Republican (note the large R) of you.
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:34 pm

I'm confused. I thought you uba liberals were all for the legal action.

Or is that only when it benefits you.

Coleman has the right (you seem big on trouncing those today for some reason) to challenge the results in court especially given the ease with which they can be thrown out when challeneged.

If Fruitloopen holds the lead when the smoke clears, then swear him in. But until Coleman either concedes or exhaust all his legal options, why not let it run it's course. The voters of Minnesota deserve that, don't you think BMD!!!
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by bmd Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:11 am

Weren't you the one who kept demanding a runoff, before this process even got started??
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:38 am

I'm a citizen of WV. I can't demand anything.

I expressed my opinion.

But Fruiten wouldn't want a run off. Before the 3rd party candidate came into the race, Coleman was polling, on average, 9 points above Fruiten.

You, on the other hand, have shown your true colors. You have no problem denying rights with those who don't agree with you and only want rights for your kind.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by bmd Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:56 am

I just want to people of Minnesota to choose a senator, by their own rules. Apparently, they have chosen Al Franken; because he's good enough, smart enough, and doggone it, people like him! -- at least slightly more Minnesotans than like Norm Coleman.
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post by bmd Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:57 am

BTW, ya' ever gonna tell us why you insist on changing names????
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:05 am

We won't know what Minnesotans want until all the votes are counted, will we BMD?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:39 pm

“The beginning of the end of the Republic.

If a clown why not a horse ?”

Didn’t the Romans start electing sheep for office at the end?
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by bmd Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:44 pm

Keli wrote:“The beginning of the end of the Republic.

I've heard a few sore loser rants in my day, but that one has to be one of the silliest.
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:40 pm

bmd wrote:
Keli wrote:“The beginning of the end of the Republic.

I've heard a few sore loser rants in my day, but that one has to be one of the silliest.

Tell the fat lady to start warming up! PoopnFliesO
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:16 am

The Minnesota result will be challenged and should be:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/15105.html

With a Democrat now in charge of the offices, which oversee and administer their state’s elections, the party is better positioned than in the previous elections to advance traditional Democratic interests —such as increasing voter registration and boosting turnout — rather than Republican priorities such as stamping out voter fraud.

Minnesota Secretary of State was a beneficiary of the Secretary of State Project, yet another ACORN subsidiary.

http://www.secstateproject.org/

Here's what they had to say about West Virginia:
Natalie Tennant won the Democratic primary on May 13, despite being outspent 6 to 1 by her competitor. She is now fighting for the seat currently occupied by Betty Ireland, a partisan Republican who is currently working hard to oppose Election Day Registration.

http://www.secstateproject.org/blog/mark_ritchie_was_a_community_o.html

I suspect I'm as partisan as the next guy but when partisanship gets to this level we all lose.
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:13 am

Well it sounds like they will certify Franken later today.

Then he will be seated.

If there are no more delays.

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:16 am

No, he will not be seated, not unless he is done so provisionally as Coleman is going to challenge the results in court, as is his right.

And given that one of the members of the canvassing board is a Minnesota Supreme Court Justice and stated that issues brought up weeks ago couldn't be settled by the board but would require a court of law, it is the smart thing to do, don't you think?

Especially given that the outcome could easily sway if the 650 absentee ballots that have previously omitted are now counted.

And you do agree that every vote should be counted, don't you Sodbuster? After all, these are paper ballots so it's not like a machine changed someone's vote.

Minn. board expected to announce Al Franken winner
By AMY FORLITI, Associated Press Writer Amy Forliti, Associated Press Writer Mon Jan 5, 7:21 am ET
MINNEAPOLIS – The state Canvassing Board was poised to certify the results of the recount in Minnesota's grueling Senate election in Al Franken's favor — but that doesn't mean the race is definitely over.

The board was to meet Monday and was expected to declare which candidate received the most overall votes from nearly 3 million ballots cast. The latest numbers showed Franken, a Democrat, with a 225-vote lead over Republican Sen. Norm Coleman, who led Franken on election night.

But after the announcement, there will be a seven-day waiting period before an election certificate is completed. If any lawsuits are filed during that waiting period, certification is conditional until the issue is settled in court.

Lawyers for both campaigns have laid the groundwork for lawsuits through public comments and legal maneuvering. In recent weeks, as Franken clung to a small lead, Coleman's lawyers promised a lawsuit over their claim that some ballots duplicated on election night wound up being counted twice in the recount.

The Coleman campaign also has a petition pending before the state Supreme Court to include 650 ballots that it says were improperly rejected but not forwarded by local officials to St. Paul for counting.

source
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:22 pm

Well Franken says he is just glad it's all over now and he can get to work for the people of Minnesota...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123116687673253825.html

I for one hope the republicans will not try to delay the results any further.

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by bmd Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:45 pm

Coleman was all for Franken conceding, in the interest of "the healing process", when the shoe was on the other foot; now he's apparently stringing out the process by dragging the State of Minnesota into court. Waffles anyone?
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:28 pm

Is it not within Coleman's right to challenge the canvassing boards decision to omit 650 absentee ballots from highly Republican counties with the vote deficit of less then 250?

Why the rush to judgment? Why not let the legal system play out as it should? What are you two so SCARED of?

Somehow I think if the tables were turned, both of you would be singing a far different tune.

Check that.

I know you both would be singing a different tune.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by bmd Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:52 pm

Aaron wrote:Is it not within Coleman's right to challenge the canvassing boards decision to omit 650 absentee ballots from highly Republican counties with the vote deficit of less then 250?

I was just commenting on what Coleman, himself, said when he had a slim lead.

Aaron wrote:Why the rush to judgment? Why not let the legal system play out as it should?

That wasn't Coleman's view a couple of months ago.

Aaron wrote:What are you two so SCARED of?

I get the willies when I see big sharks while I'm diving, and I was almost terrified when Starbucks started buying up Peet's. Other than that, not much.

Aaron wrote:Somehow I think if the tables were turned, both of you would be singing a far different tune.

Ya' mean like Norm Coleman did?

BTW - Do Republicans put real maple syrup on their waffles, or that flavored corn syrup crap?
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:22 pm

Well I think the one with the most votes on swearing in day should be seated.

If it is overturned later, let the new winner take over.

Otherwise Minnesota is not represented.

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by bmd Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:47 am

sodbuster wrote:Well I think the one with the most votes on swearing in day should be seated.

If it is overturned later, let the new winner take over.

Otherwise Minnesota is not represented.

That would appear to be the consensus in MN also (Norm, "Can I get strawberries and whipped cream on my waffles?", Coleman's legal team not withstanding).
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next