WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lies and taxes, taxes and lies.

5 posters

Go down

Lies and taxes, taxes and lies. Empty Lies and taxes, taxes and lies.

Post by SamCogar Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:53 am

WASHINGTON - While tax cuts are an integral part of President-elect Barack Obama’s stimulus plan, the newly convened Congress and the incoming commander in chief are nonetheless preparing for a tax hike.

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer announced Wednesday that the House will vote next week on expanding the State Children’s Health Insurance Program, which will be funded by an increased excise tax on cigarettes and cigars.

But its likely to be down played as a tax increase only on smokers, who, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, comprise roughly one-fifth of the population.

The legislation would impose a 156 percent tax increase on smokers, raising the 39-cents per pack federal cigarette tax to one dollar.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28563489/

And those jokers have been telling us for several years now that all those BILLION$ being spent on No Smoking Programs ......... have been showing a CONSTANT DECLINE in the number of smokers.

HA, not when 1/5 the populaion is still smoking.

Lies and taxes, taxes and lies. 33948 Lies and taxes, taxes and lies. 33948 Lies and taxes, taxes and lies. 33948

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Lies and taxes, taxes and lies. Empty Re: Lies and taxes, taxes and lies.

Post by Aaron Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:58 pm

Obama is going to pay for his stimulus the same way FDR did which was with excise taxes.

And the poor and working are either too naive or just plain too stupid to see that it is that that suffer the highest tax increase and it is they who are paying for programs that were supposed to be helping them.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by bmd Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:56 pm

SamCogar wrote:
And those jokers have been telling us for several years now that all those BILLION$ being spent on No Smoking Programs ......... have been showing a CONSTANT DECLINE in the number of smokers.

HA, not when 1/5 the populaion is still smoking.

We've gone from a nation where a majority of adults smoke to one where only about 20% do so in a generation or so. First, that's a pretty good improvement, by any rational standard. And, second, it just show that some small minority of the population will always be too stupid for their own good.
bmd
bmd

Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2008-10-11

http://www.venganza.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by bmd Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:58 pm

Aaron wrote:Obama is going to pay for his stimulus the same way FDR did which was with excise taxes.

And the poor and working are either too naive or just plain too stupid to see that it is that that suffer the highest tax increase and it is they who are paying for programs that were supposed to be helping them.

Increasing the tax rate on tobacco products is something of a tax on stupidity, I'll have to agree with you on that.
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:58 pm

If you don't want to pay the tax, then don't buy the friggin' cigarettes.

It's not like they are a necessity like beer and pizza and stuff like that is.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:00 pm

It's not only cigarettes BMD.

It's gas as Congress already wants to double the current gas tax and is also looking into taxing by mileage because they lose money when people drive efficient cars.

There's a whole other thread dedicated to that topic but your only comments on that thread was to question Stephanie’s source on economics.

Next it will be soda, or candy, or liquor or some other excise tax that will hit the poorest and the working the hardest. You know, the ones that this stimulus is supposed to be helping.

If you think the working aren’t going to be the ones paying for this package, I’ve got a nice ocean front condo in Topeka.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by bmd Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:51 pm

ziggy wrote:If you don't want to pay the tax, then don't buy the friggin' cigarettes.

AMEN!!!!
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post by bmd Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:57 pm

Aaron wrote:It's not only cigarettes BMD.

It's gas as Congress already wants to double the current gas tax and is also looking into taxing by mileage because they lose money when people drive efficient cars.

Good!! The higher the gas tax, the less gas will be wasted, the less we will import from countries that wind up funding people like bin Laden. What's wrong with that??? In the long run it's probably cheaper, in money and blood, than our current policies.

Aaron wrote:Next it will be soda, or candy, or liquor or...

I don't need soda, or candy, and I come from a long line of moonshiners (all the way back to WV!). So, I'm not too worried about those either.

Aaron wrote:If you think the working aren’t going to be the ones paying for this package, I’ve got a nice ocean front condo in Topeka.

And I bet you thought it was a real deal when you bought it, right?
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:11 pm

I built it for suckers who can't see the truth when it's staring them right in the face.

For your, I'll owner finance. How much will you be putting down?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:52 pm

Don't let him fool you, BMD.

He's been tryin' to unload that lousy investment for more than two years here now. But it's way over-priced!
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:08 am

ziggy wrote:If you don't want to pay the tax, then don't buy the friggin' cigarettes.

Some of us want the liberty to do what we want and to ingest and inhale what we choose, they are our bodies. Some of us who want the liberty to do what we want have figured ways around these outrageous taxes.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bmd Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:00 am

ziggy wrote:Don't let him fool you, BMD.

He's been tryin' to unload that lousy investment for more than two years here now. But it's way over-priced!

I'll bet that he also has a couple of time-shares on the Gulf Coast that he's also trying to unload.
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:04 am

What I have is the common sense to see the truth. Too bad that can't be taught in school. Neither of you had a chance.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:28 am

bmd wrote:We've gone from a nation where a majority of adults smoke to .......

Sorry Dude, but the cancer deaths due to smoking do not reflect that "majority usage".

You all can spread more feces faster ..... that a 300 bushel John Deere Spreader can.

Lies and taxes, taxes and lies. 33948 Lies and taxes, taxes and lies. 33948 Lies and taxes, taxes and lies. 33948 Lies and taxes, taxes and lies. 33948

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by bmd Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:01 pm

Aaron wrote:What I have is the common sense to see the truth.

You can't handle the truth!!!!!

Lies and taxes, taxes and lies. 20080829-81myp7ptmekspxts4h4ednkbq3
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:22 pm

I've been saying for quite some time that government intervention and increased spending will not work in getting us out of this recession and that opinion is based on history. It certainly didn't work during the great depression and I've provided example after example. ShermanGeneral has tried to put a spin on it to make the proof I post say what he wants it to say and you just ignore it.

I'm a pretty open minded person, willing to admit when I'm wrong and other then the need for a strong national defense as that was the primary reason for the constitution, I'm willing to consider opposing points of views and I can be persuaded to change my opinion (Stephanie can attest to that based on the middle east) so why don't you do this BMD.

Show me the truth. And I'm not talking about some article or column by some uba liberal whose objective is to make the current situation fit his ideological views like Paul Krugman but some concrete, hard evidence. Show me some examples of how massive government intervention and increased spending actually turned around a recession.

Present your case and I'll give it a peak. Think you can do that? Or are you just another partisan hack whose only agenda is to present "your" side?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Aaron wrote:Present your case and I'll give it a peak. Think you can do that? Or are you just another partisan hack whose only agenda is to present "your" side?

If you don't have "a side", ........ you have to present someone else's.

I call that being a "paraphasing mimic".

Lies and taxes, taxes and lies. 248524 Lies and taxes, taxes and lies. 248524 Lies and taxes, taxes and lies. 248524

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down