WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A tale of two Inaugurations.

+2
ohio county
Keli
6 posters

Go down

A tale of two Inaugurations. Empty A tale of two Inaugurations.

Post by Keli Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:14 pm

Remember how the liberals decried the cost of Bush's inauguration. How much is Obamessiah's going to cost? (They have had to declare a state of emergency to pull the dog-and-pony show off!) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1115942/Bush-declares-state-emergency-cost-Obamas-swearing-ceremony-soars-110m.html
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

A tale of two Inaugurations. Empty Re: A tale of two Inaugurations.

Post by ohio county Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:27 pm

Who's going to do the currency exchange?
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:55 pm

ohio county wrote:Who's going to do the currency exchange?

I don't know--but I hope it is not Obamessiah's Treasury Secretary, He can't count. Count Dracula?
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:59 pm

A tale of two Inaugurations. Count_von_count-1-720172
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:29 pm

Just a few more days of watching the "prevue" ....... and we will have an idea what the next 4 years is going to be like.

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

A tale of two Inaugurations. Empty Are you better off now than 8 years ago?

Post by shermangeneral Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:48 pm

My guess is that very few would claim the country is better off than when Clinton moved out, leaving a surplus and projected surplus for the next several years.

You cant do a poll except on the first post, so I will ad-lib.

1. Better off now. Even with the financial crisis, international mayhem, no jobs, etc. ____

2. Better off 8 years ago when Republicans took control. All downhill from there. _____

(please mark "X" then copy and paste in your response.)

shermangeneral

Number of posts : 1347
Registration date : 2007-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:09 pm

It's not the same world we lived in during the 90's when we had the legislative branch exercising their constitutional responsibilities by keeping the executive branch from blindly spending unprecedented revenues from the dot.com bubble and allowing us to have the surplus we had in 2000.

The biggest difference I see is the blind partisanship that is prevalent in politics today. The hatred the left has for President Bush, which has more times then not over the past 5 years placed BEFORE the good of the country is downright nauseating.

Hopefully, BO can do what he said and bring change to Washington but if he is going to accomplish the change he desires, he’s going to have to start with his own.

Unfortunately, until partisan politicians grasp Newton's third law and how it applies to Washington, we will not see that change.

Last edited by Aaron on Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:01 pm

Four years ago, the Associated Press and others in the press suggested it was in poor taste for Republicans to spend $40 million on President Bush’s inauguration. AP writer Will Lester calculated the impact that kind of money would have on armoring Humvees in Iraq, helping victims of the tsunami, or paying down the deficit. Lester thought the party should be cancelled: “The questions have come from Bush supporters and opponents: Do we need to spend this money on what seems so extravagant?”

Fast forward to 2009. The nation is still at war (two wars, in fact), and now also faces the prospect of a severe recession and federal budget deficits topping $1 trillion as far as the eye can see. With Barack Obama’s inauguration estimated to cost $45 million (not counting the millions more that government will have to pay for security), is the Associated Press once again tsk-tsking the high dollar cost?
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:24 pm

shermangeneral wrote:My guess is that very few would claim the country is better off than when Clinton moved out, leaving a surplus and projected surplus for the next several years.

1. Better off now. Even with the financial crisis, international mayhem, no jobs, etc. ____

2. Better off 8 years ago when Republicans took control. All downhill from there. _____

My guess is that very few would claim the country is better off than when Clinton moved out, leaving a surplus and projected surplus for the next several years.

1. Better off now. Even with the financial crisis, international mayhem, no jobs, etc. __X__

2. Better off 8 years ago when Republicans took control. All downhill from there. ____X_

Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:56 am

Am I better off now or when Clinton took office. I'm better off now. However, being better off has had nothing to do with who occupied the whitehouse or congress. Getting to where my wife and I are today financially has been the result of hard work, planning, and saving.

As far as what our elected officials have managed, neither side has done us any favors. Under Bush 1 my taxes rose. Under Clinton my tax burden increased. Under Bush 2 my tax burden has continued to increase. On the state level, again niether the republicans or democrats have done us any favors.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down