WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biden a "Senate" man.

Go down

Biden a "Senate" man. Empty Biden a "Senate" man.

Post by Aaron Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:29 pm

He still is a Senate man as he's now the President of the Senate. As he's not going to play a prevalent role in BO's adminstration, perhaps he should exercise his new found constitutional responsibilities.

Vice President-Elect Biden, Clinton Leave U.S. Senate
Nicholas Johnston Nicholas Johnston
28 mins ago

Jan. 15 (Bloomberg) -- Joe Biden, who has represented Delaware in the U.S. Senate for 35 years, said goodbye to his colleagues today before his inauguration as the nation’s 47th vice president next week.

“The United States Senate has been my life,” Biden, 66, said in his farewell speech. “I may be resigning from the Senate today, but I will always be a Senate man.”

Hillary Clinton and Ken Salazar also are resigning to serve in the administration of Democratic President-elect Barack Obama, himself a former senator from Illinois.

Biden, who ran unsuccessfully for president last year, was first elected to the Senate in 1972 when he was 29 years old. He was able to take his seat the following year because he turned the constitutionally required 30 after the election.

“He was barely old enough to vote when he got here,” Republican Leader Mitch McConnell said before Biden’s speech.

Between that election and his Senate swearing-in, Biden's wife and daughter were killed in a car accident. His two sons survived the accident, and Biden traveled home to Delaware from Washington almost every day to be with them.

Paul Harvey time...
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down