WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Rescued" banks hiring foreign workers?

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"Rescued" banks hiring foreign workers? Empty "Rescued" banks hiring foreign workers?

Post by sodbuster Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:27 pm

Well it looks like some of the biggest recipients of taxpayer bailout bucks are importing workers.

Seems they have found a way to get them to work for less......

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090201/D962Q0F80.html

or www.lynnsamuels.typepad.com

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

"Rescued" banks hiring foreign workers? Empty Re: "Rescued" banks hiring foreign workers?

Post by Cato Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:07 pm

Aw booo Hooo

Now didn't the Obamamesiah just ask for the rest of the TARP money. Oh gee, I guess that's Okey Dokey with you since Obama is a democrat!!!!!!

"Rescued" banks hiring foreign workers? 33948 "Rescued" banks hiring foreign workers? 33948 "Rescued" banks hiring foreign workers? 33948 "Rescued" banks hiring foreign workers? 33948 "Rescued" banks hiring foreign workers? 33948

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Cato

Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

"Rescued" banks hiring foreign workers? Empty Re: "Rescued" banks hiring foreign workers?

Post by sodbuster Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:01 pm

Sorry Cato, but that was your bunch...

"As the economic collapse worsened last year - with huge numbers of bank employees laid off - the numbers of visas sought by the dozen banks in AP's analysis increased by nearly one-third, from 3,258 in fiscal 2007 to 4,163 in fiscal 2008."

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:40 pm

sodbuster wrote:Sorry Cato, but that was your bunch...

"As the economic collapse worsened last year - with huge numbers of bank employees laid off - the numbers of visas sought by the dozen banks in AP's analysis increased by nearly one-third, from 3,258 in fiscal 2007 to 4,163 in fiscal 2008."

Not my bunch, palie. I wrote Capito, Byrd and Rockefeller express my extreme displeasure with the bill. I explained my reasoning which I felt was backed up by sound economic prinicples. Now if I remember correctly your bunch Byrd, Rockefeller, Mollohan, and Rahall voted in favor of the bill, while Capito voted against it. Now then just how did Obama vote? Huh? Sherman?. Why don't you look it up and tell us.

Now then bozo, there no my bunch in office at this time. I don't care for either the right or the left. They are both the same in my book, people using the force of government to impose their will on the public. I hate them all equally.

P.S. Sherman, I know Bush pushed the bill, but truth be known he was just as far left as most democrats.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:16 pm

Well Cato who was it pointed out they were hiring foreign workers?

Was it you or any other of the rightwing posters on here.

No, it was me.

If it wasn't for me you would have ever even known it.

But instead of thanking me for the info, what did you do?

Posted an accusation against me saying I approved of it.

Which was not true.

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:42 pm

sodbuster wrote:Well Cato who was it pointed out they were hiring foreign workers?

Was it you or any other of the rightwing posters on here.

No, it was me.

"Rescued" banks hiring foreign workers? 197570 Good for you. "Rescued" banks hiring foreign workers? 197570

sodbuster wrote:If it wasn't for me you would have ever even known it.

But instead of thanking me for the info, what did you do?

Posted an accusation against me saying I approved of it.

Which was not true.

You are known by the company you keep, Sod. You defend the bums, so the only conclusion I can draw is that you approve of the garbage they do.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:15 pm

Since when do I keep company with the republicans or bankers?

You just screwed up in your zeal to accuse me of something I didnt do.

And now wont step up and admit it.

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:32 am

You get a little hot when someone accuses you of baseless partisan crap? Seems odd you'd have a thin skin when you dish it out so handily... Maybe you could get back to work on that bridge thing.
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:35 am

sodbuster wrote:Since when do I keep company with the republicans or bankers?

You just screwed up in your zeal to accuse me of something I didnt do.

And now wont step up and admit it.

"Rescued" banks hiring foreign workers? 33948

And just how did Obama vote on the TARP bill? And how just how did byrd, mollohan, rahall, and rockefeller vote on the TARP bill? And would the funds have been availalbe without the vote of the democrats? And if the funds had not been available and the financial sector been held to the same standards of sink or swim the rest ofthe real world is would the gombas have been hiring foreign workers with my tax dollars? And haven't you been defending these clowns, especially the democrats, including your savior Barak Hussien Obama since you've been posting?

Sherman, you might try growing up before you post. As it is right now your are more like a 4 year old than an adult.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:35 am

What gets me is that of the members of this forum, sodbuster was the person pushing for the bailout.

You got what you asked for. I wrote Capito, Byrd & Rocky imploring them to vote against it.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:54 pm

What does that have to do with the banks hiring foreign workers?

As I understand, that happened before the bailout.

Again, it was me who pointed it out.

Just shows I am open minded and try to look at both sides, which I believe is a good trait.

You guys should try it sometime.

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:19 pm

sodbuster wrote:What does that have to do with the banks hiring foreign workers?

As I understand, that happened before the bailout.

Again, it was me who pointed it out.

Just shows I am open minded and try to look at both sides, which I believe is a good trait.

You guys should try it sometime.

This is your original post - - -

Sodbuster wrote:
Well it looks like some of the biggest recipients of taxpayer bailout bucks are importing workers.

Seems they have found a way to get them to work for less......

You are the one that tied the bailout money to the hiring of foreign workers. You did as much in your post. Maybe before you post, you ought to go back and review what you've said. That will help you post without showing what kind of a partisan hypocrit you are.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:37 pm

Well Cato do you know when fiscal 2008 ended?

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:50 pm

sodbuster wrote:"As the economic collapse worsened last year - with huge numbers of bank employees laid off - the numbers of visas sought by the dozen banks in AP's analysis increased by nearly one-third, from 3,258 in fiscal 2007 to 4,163 in fiscal 2008."

Well Cato do you know when fiscal 2008 ended?

Yes, I know when then Federal Fiscal Year ends. However, that has absolutely nothing to do with your original post. As I said, in your original post you tied the two together. Obviously, you were trying to prove that them "stripey pants republicans" along with their cohorts in the financial sector had taken care of their own and that it was the democrats who were innocent. As I pointed out to you both parties are guilty and you just a guilty by defending them. You can try to change the subject until the cows come home, but I'm not going let you. If you want to be a partisan hack, fine, but you are going to face the consequences of your choices.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:54 pm

That isn't what you said in your initial post. Not that it matters to the point at hand, which is, you supported the bailout of these banks. These banks are engaged in the practice of hiring cheaper, foreign labor over Americans. You supported their bailout. We did not. You're crying foul now that you've discovered they are hiring foreign nationals.

You support amnesty for illegals. Why would you oppose this? I don't get you. As unhappy as I am with what these banks are doing, at least they are following legal channels and aren't hiring those who violate our sovereignty and threaten our security.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:04 pm

Well Steph if I had known they were hiring foreign labor and firing Americans I would not have supported it.

I suspect none of you guys knew it either, or you would have said so.

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:09 pm

OK, so now are you opposed to releasing more of that money to them? Or do you think they should get the rest of it to blow on conferences at luxury resorts and bonuses for executives etc? That's what they're doing with it, make no mistake about it. They sure as hell aren't helping the American people.

btw.......I have known for quite some time that many financial institutions export phone centers etc. This doesn't surprise me in the least.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:24 pm

http://thehill.com/business--lobby/banks-that-got-billions-spend-millions-to-lobby-2009-01-19.html

Not likely - banks that got billions are using millions to lobby for more.
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:03 pm

I want a bailout. I think we should charter a bus to DC. We could all hang out with signs begging for pork. We could think up some catchy slogans. We could pool our resources and treat them to lunch at Mickey D's. I think BK or Wendy's has a burger called the "Baconator". We could splurge on baconators in hopes they'll send us enormous stimulus checks. We could make suggestions like, "a thousand dollars for the total number of years household members have been breathing."

The Fed could print up more money and one "O" could raise the taxes of his patron "O" along with all the other liberal Hollyweird celebs to pay for it all. I like the idea.

Gonna buy me some posterboard and get to work on that.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:19 pm

sodbuster wrote:Well Steph if I had known they were hiring foreign labor and firing Americans I would not have supported it.

I suspect none of you guys knew it either, or you would have said so.

That's just a plain lame excuse, Sherman. It has been known for years, just as Stephanie pointed out, these institutions have been shipping jobs overs seas. There certianly isn't much difference in that and what you pointed out.

Additionally, your democratic pals along with West Virginia leftist clowns, Byrd, Rockefeller, Mollohan, and Rahall along with a large majority republicans supported the bailout and as Ohio County just pointed are now using that money to lobby for more.

You wanted the bailout, you got it, in all its unconstitutional, unethical, immoral glory. Itruly hope you and the politicians choke on it.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:38 pm

Well guys my point in posting this info about the banks hiring foreign workers and firing Americans was to share the info with you.

You all claim you knew it all along, although to my knowledge you never mentioned it.

But I take you at your word.

In any event I dont think we should reward them for that.

They should not get any TARP money long as they continue that practice, imo.

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:43 pm

sodbuster wrote:Well guys my point in posting this info about the banks hiring foreign workers and firing Americans was to share the info with you.

You all claim you knew it all along, although to my knowledge you never mentioned it.

But I take you at your word.

In any event I dont think we should reward them for that.

They should not get any TARP money long as they continue that practice, imo.

But it is quite okey Dokey to bailout the bums out for all their greed and poor business practices and it is quite ok for them to use tax dollars fromt he bailout to lobby for more bailouts.

Pathetic Sherman Absolutely pathetic

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:05 pm

Well Cato I am glad to see you join the ranks of economic gurus we have discovered here on the forum.

Hopefully I can learn something...

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:15 pm

For what it's worth Sodbuster, I'm sure you wouldn't have supported the TARP if you had known the banks were hiring foreigners.

I know it seems like we're all ganging up on you but considering your the only reasonable liberal who post, it comes with the territiory.

I am interested though in how you can continue to support the stimulus knowing it will not create jobs?

I don't suppose you could address that, could you?
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:21 pm

It is because I do believe it will create jobs.

But it is just like global warming.

I am no expert in my own right.

I just more or less support what the people with credentials say.

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next