WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are democrats becoming obstructionist now???

Go down

Are democrats becoming obstructionist now??? Empty Are democrats becoming obstructionist now???

Post by Aaron Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:28 pm

I'm sure we'll start hearing how drastic things are going to get if this bill is not passed this week and how there is no time for debate.

The Senate is set to take up debate on the plan Monday afternoon. Republicans insist it won't go through in its current form.

"It'll need to change if it'll do any good. I mean, things like $150 million honey bee insurance and $650 million to buy government employees cars is not what the American public had in mind," McConnell said on CBS' "Face the Nation."

Republicans appear to have the support of some Democrats, including North Dakota Sen. Kent Conrad, head of the Budget Committee, and Nebraska Sen. Ben Nelson.

"As it stands it would be very hard for me to vote for this package, because I don't think it is fully targeted, timely and temporary," Conrad said. "I think there is widespread dissatisfaction with the package that came over from the House."

source
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Are democrats becoming obstructionist now??? Empty Re: Are democrats becoming obstructionist now???

Post by Aaron Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:03 pm

Nancy Pelosi-"I am the speaker of the house."

And she's going to be as partisan as she's always been because this bill ain't creating jobs and she knows it.

It's a liberal wish list on spending and she doesn't care whether it's in the best interest of Americans or not, all she care's about is that it's in the best interest of Democrats.

“I am the speaker of the House. I don’t get into that,” she said, waving a dismissive hand.

I didn’t come here to be partisan, I didn’t come here to be bipartisan,” she added. “I came here, as did my colleagues, to be nonpartisan, to work for the American people, to do what is in their interest.”

Responding to claims that she shut Republicans out of the real decision making in the process, she shot back: “We reached out to the Republicans all along the way, and they know it. And they know it. ... They just didn’t have the ideas that had the support of the majority of the people in the Congress.”

Pelosi, people familiar with the situation say, is also peeved at some of her own Democratic staffers, including Appropriations Committee bill drafters, for not “scrubbing” out funding for controversial family planning programs, the mall grass, and preventive programs for sexually transmitted diseases.

source
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down