WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Letter to Byrd and Rockefeller

3 posters

Go down

Letter to Byrd and Rockefeller Empty Letter to Byrd and Rockefeller

Post by Cato Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:00 am

This is a copy of my letter to Bryd, Rockefeller, and the Senate Republican leadership.
P.S. I modeled some of the letter after Dr. Paul's comments you posted. He is more thoughtful than I am.

I am writing you to express my views on the stimulus package you are presently debating.

President Barak Obama ran on a platform of change, yet, this so called stimulus package is anything but change. While I have only looked at parts of it, the represents just more of the same. I want to remind you that we are where we are today because of centralized government planning that created a housing bubble. Interest rates were kept artificially low and the result was artificially inflated house prices. In the end house prices became unaffordable, thus requiring more creative mortgages. The result has been that the bubble burst and here we are.

Politicians are really good at taking care of specific groups, but very bad at determining the needs of the market place. That should be very obvious to you. It is time to stop this madness and return to a free market system that has served this nation so well in the past.

I am begging you to drop this “so called” stimulus package in its entirety. I am asking that you do something really helpful and cut the income tax rate across for all, both rich and poor and cut it substantially. The very best option would be to end the tax on income entirely. I am also asking that you cut spending. You have sworn to defend and uphold the US Constitution. It is time you did just that and cut every unconstitutional department and program that past congresses and administrations has created. You should also eliminate the Federal Reserve and take back your responsibilities to ensure sound money, safe from the manipulations of large banking interests.

Finally, I would ask that congress along with you support and enact the following legislation. First, enact a law requiring all bills to be read aloud before each house, without exception. This would ensure that all members of congress were aware of what each bill contained.

Secondly, enact a law stating that only one subject would be contained in each bill. This would end bills dealing with multiple subjects and would stop items being inserting into bills that have nothing to do with the subject being considered. Additionally, I remind you that in the Federalist Papers, Alexander Hamilton warned about creating voluminous bills that could never be understood. It is time you took his advice.

Third, enact a law revoking the power of any agency of the federal government to create rules and regulations. The Code of Federal Regulations is a collection of Administrative Laws created and inflicted on the public by bureaucrats who don’t answer to the public. Congress needs to have before them the responsibility of creating all law, rule, or regulation that inflicted upon the public. You in congress needs to stand responsible for ALL law and not proxy that responsibility to a bunch of bureaucrats.

Finally, Congress needs to site the specific part of the US Constitution that authorizes a bill. Additionally, all law passed by congress needs to apply to congress just as it applies to the public, without any exception ever.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Letter to Byrd and Rockefeller Empty Re: Letter to Byrd and Rockefeller

Post by SamCogar Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:52 pm

I filed my copy of your letter in my Round File, just as I expect all those receiving it will.

cheers

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:56 pm

SamCogar wrote:I filed my copy of your letter in my Round File, just as I expect all those receiving it will.

cheers

Yea, I'm certain that is where many of the things I write go. I'm the wrong color, wrong sex, wrong religion, wrong sexual orientation. I happen to believe in liberty and in self reliance. So what do they care what I think?

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:49 pm

I keep writing them too, Cato. They almost all go in the circular file. Typically I do get a response from SMC, although very seldom is it the response I'd like.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:11 am

Stephanie wrote:I keep writing them too, Cato. They almost all go in the circular file. Typically I do get a response from SMC, although very seldom is it the response I'd like.

Yea, I get responses also. Sometimes I have to wonder what elemetry school they went to to have the letter written. I got one back from Rockefeller, I just shook my head at the general lack of knowledge of both the Constitution and general economics.

Beleive me I will keep writing, both to the jerks in DC and the dunderheads in Charleston. The one thing I won't do is worship at thier feet, like so many do. Our local state delegate and senator has found that out.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down